Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
smaccalaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back to Basics Babes, It be Thursday!

Description - We like basics... prefolds and flats. Some of us have entire "basic" stashes, some of us have a mixed bag, so to speak, and some of us just have a few basic items, but really, really like them. All are welcome. We don't bite. Usually. No promises. Delurk and try us.

So.... Thursday, huh? Still Wednesday here, but I'm bored and felt like starting the thread. Anyway, it's Thursday in at least half of the U.S.; I have no clue what time it is in Turkey.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Re: Back to Basics Babes, It be Thursday!

And I just finally got my multi-quote post done on yesterday's thread. It's 9:23 am here, and DS has been up since 6:30 -- he's already down for his morning nap! I need to motivate and go do some exercise and shower and get dressed while he's asleep. I think I'll try to pull out one of my old pilates exercise ball DVDs...I haven't used the ball since I was in labor and I haven't been able to bring myself to sit on it again after the jillions of hours I spent bouncing and laying on it then.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #3
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nearly Thursday here and time for bed. It's another busy day tomorrow including the morning at the homeschool "school" and a trip to the hospital in the afternoon. It's just a followup to make sure everything is back to 100% after DD2 broke her arm in November. Hopefully, it'll be easy, but I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

Can I ask a QOTD? Does anyone here just have a stash that works and you stick with it? Or do you usually have some buying/selling/trading going on? And a related qotd, what's currently on the way to your house?

My answer is that we're really content now, but I'm not sure how long I'll feel that way. There's nothing OTW and no plans to buy anything unless DD takes off in the potty learning department. She loves to talk about it, but doesn't actually go that frequently right now.

G'night!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristini2 View Post
Can I ask a QOTD? Does anyone here just have a stash that works and you stick with it? Or do you usually have some buying/selling/trading going on? And a related qotd, what's currently on the way to your house?
AOTD: I'm usually buying/selling/trading something. Not big-ticket items now, and lately it's been mostly trades. I got really into having a few dyed dipes for this summer a couple of weeks ago, so I traded for some and bought a couple, and most of them are still on their way here (stupid slow military mail!). I love our stash, and once the dyed dipes are all here (some of which are going to take a while since I ordered them through a coop and then they're being dyed once they come in) I think I'll be pretty happy. I hope.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the multi-post quote carry-over as I can't read at work anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
so today... i baby sat for the 5yo "adhd" boy. mopped the floor, did laundry and dyed yarn.... look...
[IMG][/IMG]
I LOVE that yarn!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I forgot to mention, #1 had swallowing issues and couldn't use a sippy cup at all, and stopping bottles at 12MO. It wasn't until 3MO later, our of total desperation, I tried a straw sippy cup. They aren't supposed to be able to use them that young, but she could and did with no problems. I have suggested this to a couple of other moms locally that had sippy cup problems, and at least three of them found the same thing - sometimes because of swallowing issues, sometimes they just wanted the special cup the big kids have. So it's worth trying anyway.
Dd2 just figured out the straw cup a few weeks ago. It's actually good therapy for her oral issues, plus it's her big sister's cup so there's a using-big-kid-stuff vibe that I think she likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
cute.
Glad that works for you guys and she likes it.

I don't allow that kinda thing for kids, and we don't do ear piercing until they are old enough to ask/want/understand it. DD1 is almost to that point but is such a wimp I don't think she's ready yet lol

LG shows up with really ratty fingernail polish all the time. I feel like breaking out the remover and at lest doing it good lol She seems proud of it, but is constantly biting at her fingers and I wouldn't want my child eating nail polish
We're waiting on ear piercing until she can understand and ask for it and all that, but she has begged for things like nail polish since she was 2. And I am NOT a girly girl. So who knows where she gets it, lol. She is also a shoe hound and loves hats and feather boas. IMO But she is so cute when she's all happy and getting dressed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
oh yeah...what I have been working on today and yesterday....

They look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
I love doing it
Lol that's why you can do mine if I ever end up dyeing anything--I know how but I really, really don't like doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
My mom let me get my ears peirced when I was 5, and then she made me take my earings out and let them heal over because I didn't take care of them and that was part of the deal. Then I got them peirced again in Jr. High. And in highschool when I wanted a 2nd hole I just did that myself w/ an icecube, as well as a 3rd and a 4th hole (That was each ear in the lobe) In my right ear I have a cartilage peircing (probably closed over since they made me take the ring out for my c-section and I never put one back in) and that little ear nubbin thingie that's by the side of your face (I can't remember what it's called) I also used to have my belly button peirced and my nose I was a freak

Oy! The make up and nail polish though! That's why I hope I only have boys!
I pierced my bellybutton with ice. Dh is weirder than me though--he pierced the very front of his neck when he was in high school. Full on punk, that boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
Anyone know if the unbleached shrink less then the bleached? The pf's I got on FSOT are wider then the bleached ones I have. I'm wondering if I got yellow plus ones or if they just need some more washings
I think the unbleached just don't quilt up as much, so they stay wider than the bleached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
It's a cultural thing to do earrings in babies in Indian families too. They are all about the bling. I have all sorts of indian jewelry, never wear it because I don't wear any jewelry but my wedding ring. I had resigned myself to it, but then #1 started having weird skin reactions in her ear, so I put my foot down. Then #2 was (is still is, maybe LOL) the type of girl to take the earrings out and swallow them, and nobody gave me resistance on her at all. But now they are 3 and 5, and they keep asking. The girls don't ask, but if they keep hearing THEM ask eventually they will ask. I don't want to manage freshly pierced ears and the earrings, and make sure #3 doesn't swallow any rogue pieces.
Dd2 would totally eat them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
Ooh, I lurves me those shorties!

I'm winding yarn (TIG Donegan ) right now. Gonna make shorties for DS for this summer. Summer seems ridiculously far away when it's... um... well below zero and I have to climb over a snowdrift to get to my front door.
Donegan!!! I would climb over a snowdrift to get some Donegan I love that colorway. Now I need to figure out this knitting thing so I can play with pretty yarn instead of just drooling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
So.... Thursday, huh? Still Wednesday here, but I'm bored and felt like starting the thread. Anyway, it's Thursday in at least half of the U.S.; I have no clue what time it is in Turkey.
Thursday here!

Quote:

My answer is that we're really content now, but I'm not sure how long I'll feel that way. There's nothing OTW and no plans to buy anything unless DD takes off in the potty learning department. She loves to talk about it, but doesn't actually go that frequently right now.

G'night!
Exactly, lol. I hit stash nirvana for like a month and then I want other stuff. However, I have liked PFs for a long time (I started the B2B thread, so that's been a couple of months at least). I just had to work something better out for dh, and now he's happy, so I'm just doing little modifications--like an occasional new BV PF, maybe. And I'm looking at baby slings again instead

So to fight the usual insomnia, I'm trying some sleepytime tea. It would be nice to fall asleep before 3am.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #6
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
I think the unbleached just don't quilt up as much, so they stay wider than the bleached.

So to fight the usual insomnia, I'm trying some sleepytime tea. It would be nice to fall asleep before 3am.
So how come it seems the unbleached are preferred over bleached if they're not as quilty? I'd think you'd want white so you can know when the stains are gone?

And sleep is overrated, it's so nice and quiet at night
Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
So how come it seems the unbleached are preferred over bleached if they're not as quilty? I'd think you'd want white so you can know when the stains are gone?

And sleep is overrated, it's so nice and quiet at night
agreed!

oh and I like unbleached prefolds because I find them to be softer and less pilly than bleached

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOTB: BG aio as we run dash out for preschool carpool and errands.

QOTD: I would have reached stash nirvana if everything else had sold but it always feels like stuff is sitting around and I hate clutter. That said, I was very happy with my s/m stash (15 inch rise) dipes. Really happy. But she is starting to ourgrow stuff. So now I am finalizing her size medium stash. But its a lot easier than before - I only bought premium prefolds, a couple of covers, 2 wool soakers and a couple of pieces of wool. Now if only the stuff we don't use or outgrew would finally sell.

Off to drive carpool. it sucks lately, DS1 and his best friend have been squabbling alot lately.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies. Nice quiet morning around here with just me and my youngest dd. We will be off to to the chiropractor in a couple hours then to pick up my other two from grandma's.

I think it was Kari who posted all those wipes pictures yesterday...LOVE IT!!!! I want some.

About the sippy cups...I've heard straw cups are better for your child, especially because if they're drinking milk or juice it helps keep it off their teeth more so less chance of damage to the tooth from sugar or whatever.

I went to my granny's last night and she taught me how to do the garder stitch. I think that's what it was called. So I started up a scarf and got a couple inches wide and decided I could go home. She wanted me to do it half way and then she's going to teach me a different stitch for the rest.

What do I do? Get home and get about 5-6" wide and mess up. So in trying to fix my mess up, I ruin it and pulled it ALL apart and started over....started over like 10 times and finally got two rows and put it down for the night. I'm fixing to go try some more on it.

Stressing me out

Quote:
Nearly Thursday here and time for bed. It's another busy day tomorrow including the morning at the homeschool "school" and a trip to the hospital in the afternoon. It's just a followup to make sure everything is back to 100% after DD2 broke her arm in November. Hopefully, it'll be easy, but I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

G'night!
Hope everything went well with your dd. My oldest broke her leg when she was 11 months old by just falling on a soft floor while trying to walk. It was crazy. But after a few weeks of a cast she was good as new. Children are so resilient!

Since I've only been cd'ing 6 months I have been doing so much of trying things and figuring out what I like. I've finally decided I love UBPF and UB Little Lion fitteds. I haven't tried a lot too and that would probably get me in more trouble if I did!

With our next baby, I plan to have ubipf & kl0 for the beginning.

WOTB: Dk Br GMD, LL Preemie Doubler, Thirsties Cover
Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #10
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

here they all are! (most of them anyway....)

Eli's Wipe-E's 8x8 flannel/terry

Eli's Wipe-E's 4x6 flannel/terry family cloth

these are my favorite prints

these are ones I have duplicates of

Eli's Wipe-E's custom made wipes, one layer of bamboo velor (I purchased these natural colored and I dyed some of them)

and here come all the random wipes purchased individually or gotten for free with orders of other things

this first pictures are unbleached kissaulv wipes, these were the first ones I purchased when I started cloth diapering - dyed by me

Little Lions freebie wipes, one terry/velour, one terry/flannel - both misshapen lol (yellow one dyed by me)

freebie wipe, one layer flannel

FSOT wipes - flannel/flannel

freebies I got with another order

bella bottoms freebies

Staceyroo77 wipes, woven print & sherpa - I love these wipes

freebie wipes that were all seconds, they're all sorts of strange sizes

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote