Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #11
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Babes, It be Thursday!

Good morning! I wasn't on much yesterday, so I'm going to have to try to find time to go catch up. I turned the computer off yesterday so I could/would actually get my list of things to do done and I managed to get a lot done. We'll see how much I can get done today too. We were supposed to call and set up an appointment with a pedi yesterday to followup after the ER visit Thursday, but I didn't get that done.

DD's first tooth finally broke skin, and she seems so much happier.

QOTD: I am very happy with my stash, and have everything sold off that I can. I may buy another dozen pfs or I may just stick to the 2doz and rec blanket flats we have. As for what's on the way, I have 1doz premium pfs, 2 snappis, 4 sets pins, 2 med thirsties covers from Sew Crafty Baby.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Melissa, learning to knit can definitely be frustrating, but I'm glad you managed to get it started over well before you went to sleep!

Christina, love the wipes stash!

Toni, glad to hear your dd is feeling better, and hopefully you can get a bunch done today.

I didn't get a ton accomplished today, but I did at least get to exercise for half an hour, which is better than I did yesterday. I didn't remember that pilates DVD being quite so challenging before I had a baby, so it's probably good that I'm trying to get back into it! Other than that, just knitting on the square for the afghan that my local knitting group is going to donate to afghans for Afghans, and basic cleaning stuff (laundry, dishes, all that stuff that never ends).

I talked to my BIL about an hour ago...sounds as though he's doing a little better although things are still very strained between them and my sister will likely spend another night at her friend's house tonight. I just wish there were something I could do, but she's super sensitive under normal circumstances and right now I suspect that any attempt at helpful advice from me would just bet taken as an attack.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #13
osmom3kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristini2 View Post

Can I ask a QOTD? Does anyone here just have a stash that works and you stick with it? Or do you usually have some buying/selling/trading going on? And a related qotd, what's currently on the way to your house?
Good Morning! I am going to make an effort to actually try and chat today instead of random posts

Answer to the question WELL I am on my way to a stash that we will stick too. I sold off all my pockets and am in the process of selling my sposoeasys (loved them but the rise is too short now) We only use prefolds during the day and BSRB at night. I have 6 Nanabottoms AIO for Daddy and church. I am hunting on FSOT to get a few more prefolds, Zabi baby, Sbish, and would like to try a bootygold pf too.
We have a Luxe soaker and a new snappi on the way to our house this week
Old 02-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning.

I'm pretty happy with my stash. I just need more doublers and daddy diapers, which I've started already. I have everything a baby needs through PLing between the two kids in CDs. The only thing I will need is more wool as he grows and possibly smaller training pants since he's a lot skinnier than his sister. I do have urges to get more and different things, but honestly everything we have works and fits so it's hard to justify it.

I have a few random pockets, AI2s, and small velcro PFs that I could put on FSOT, but it seems hardly worth it since it's so slow now. I was going to send them to Miracle diapers, but they got so many bad posts at the beginning of the year when I was going to send them I held back. I have instead arranged for a local gift to some college kids who are about to have their first baby.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post

I have a few random pockets, AI2s, and small velcro PFs that I could put on FSOT, but it seems hardly worth it since it's so slow now. I was going to send them to Miracle diapers, but they got so many bad posts at the beginning of the year when I was going to send them I held back. I have instead arranged for a local gift to some college kids who are about to have their first baby.

That's so nice! I'm sure you'll be blessed in return.

I know I've got some on FSOT right now and nothing. I guess now a days it just has to be the right thing. I think GMD's are moving fast.

Knitting question: My granny gave me needles that are attached by a plastic wiry thing. Is that what you knitters prefer? Why or why not? It seems to be in the way.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #16
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
That's so nice! I'm sure you'll be blessed in return.

I know I've got some on FSOT right now and nothing. I guess now a days it just has to be the right thing. I think GMD's are moving fast.

Knitting question: My granny gave me needles that are attached by a plastic wiry thing. Is that what you knitters prefer? Why or why not? It seems to be in the way.
Those sound like circular needles. I do prefer those, partly because then you don't have the long straight needles sticking out to the sides and partly because I can't lose one of them and be stuck with a single needle (I did this several times and it's REALLY frustrating). Also, you can knit larger things on them (like baby blankets) without having to do them in pieces and then sew them together later. Some people don't like them, though.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #17
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Love all the wipes....mine are pitfull looking... I made them when I was preggo with ds#2 and then are all fraying at the edges, assorted sizes all gross...

I need to add that to my list of things to do as I'm trying to use family cloth almost 100% at least for me.

Off to find some goodmamas LOL>....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #18
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! I am very excited and pleased to say that we're all well again! I am thrilled. DP went back to work, and all I am dealing with now is a sore throat, which is easy to work around. I'm sipping tea and sucking on Ricola. E is all better too, and I've only heard his cough once so far today. It rocks to be back in the land of the well!

WOTB: trifolded GMD UB brown with a hemp doubler in a Super Brite

Quote:
Can I ask a QOTD? Does anyone here just have a stash that works and you stick with it? Or do you usually have some buying/selling/trading going on? And a related qotd, what's currently on the way to your house?
I really like my stash right now. The only thing that's bothering me is that the rise on my GMD UB browns is really to short for anything but trifolding, and the rise on my MEOS is also rapidly becoming to short. So unless E potty trains in the next 2-3 months, I am going to need to get more prefolds. I was thinking 6 more UB brown (for trifolding) and 6 more toddlers (for snappi'ing.) So right now I am ISO those things. However, I have nothing for sale at the moment, nor do I have anything for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
oh and I like unbleached prefolds because I find them to be softer and less pilly than bleached
Ditto!

My question for you ladies - I would like to get a few more PUL wrap covers for trifolding, and was thinking of maybe trying Thirsties. E generally wears a large Super Brite when I trifold, as I find that my large BSWW is still really loose and bulky on him for trifolding. Even though he weighs 35 pounds I have to cross over the waist tabs. So if I bought Thirsties, would want medium or large?
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #19
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Nearly Thursday here and time for bed. It's another busy day tomorrow including the morning at the homeschool "school" and a trip to the hospital in the afternoon. It's just a followup to make sure everything is back to 100% after DD2 broke her arm in November. Hopefully, it'll be easy, but I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

My answer is that we're really content now, but I'm not sure how long I'll feel that way. There's nothing OTW and no plans to buy anything unless DD takes off in the potty learning department. She loves to talk about it, but doesn't actually go that frequently right now.

G'night!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
So how come it seems the unbleached are preferred over bleached if they're not as quilty? I'd think you'd want white so you can know when the stains are gone?

And sleep is overrated, it's so nice and quiet at night
i wondered the same thing. i like the bleached look personally. it looks so fresh and clean. and i find the unbleached to be just as pilly and think they are equally soft. at least once the pills are gone. but my ub pill too.
and i think the bleached look better embellished and dyed.

AOTD. i have always used pfs and wool. just because im a cheap bastard. i used to like the thought of pockets and AIO, but was too tight. and the wool i can do. so my entire stash has only cost about $60. i sometimes think i will get more for myself... or dye/embellish some of the ones i am supposed to sell, but at 14mo i have to keep reminding myself that we will probably only use them another year. so unless some are worn out and replaced i probably wont add anymore.... unless i use some of my new ooga to embellish one of my unsold bleached.........
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 AM   #20
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post

I really like my stash right now. The only thing that's bothering me is that the rise on my GMD UB browns is really to short for anything but trifolding, and the rise on my MEOS is also rapidly becoming to short. So unless E potty trains in the next 2-3 months, I am going to need to get more prefolds. I was thinking 6 more UB brown (for trifolding) and 6 more toddlers (for snappi'ing.) So right now I am ISO those things. However, I have nothing for sale at the moment, nor do I have anything for sale.

Ditto!

My question for you ladies - I would like to get a few more PUL wrap covers for trifolding, and was thinking of maybe trying Thirsties. E generally wears a large Super Brite when I trifold, as I find that my large BSWW is still really loose and bulky on him for trifolding. Even though he weighs 35 pounds I have to cross over the waist tabs. So if I bought Thirsties, would want medium or large?
hmmm not sure.... I have a large thirsties I could sell you cheap I bought four new and I only need two (I use them at night over our huge night time diapers) so they're brand new

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote