Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #21
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Babes, It be Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post

My question for you ladies - I would like to get a few more PUL wrap covers for trifolding, and was thinking of maybe trying Thirsties. E generally wears a large Super Brite when I trifold, as I find that my large BSWW is still really loose and bulky on him for trifolding. Even though he weighs 35 pounds I have to cross over the waist tabs. So if I bought Thirsties, would want medium or large?

We tried trifolding with Thirsites and couldn't get them too work. The front velcro strip would always rolled into his tummy. They just seemed too flimsy to me. He is 26lbs and we were using the sz M. We just switched to a Super Brite sz M and it works much better. I just don't like how "plasticy" they feel compared to Thirsties.

Advertisement

Last edited by heidip2p; 02-05-2009 at 07:45 AM.
heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #22
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Hi! I am very excited and pleased to say that we're all well again! I am thrilled. DP went back to work, and all I am dealing with now is a sore throat, which is easy to work around. I'm sipping tea and sucking on Ricola. E is all better too, and I've only heard his cough once so far today. It rocks to be back in the land of the well!

WOTB: trifolded GMD UB brown with a hemp doubler in a Super Brite

I really like my stash right now. The only thing that's bothering me is that the rise on my GMD UB browns is really to short for anything but trifolding, and the rise on my MEOS is also rapidly becoming to short. So unless E potty trains in the next 2-3 months, I am going to need to get more prefolds. I was thinking 6 more UB brown (for trifolding) and 6 more toddlers (for snappi'ing.) So right now I am ISO those things. However, I have nothing for sale at the moment, nor do I have anything for sale.

Ditto!

My question for you ladies - I would like to get a few more PUL wrap covers for trifolding, and was thinking of maybe trying Thirsties. E generally wears a large Super Brite when I trifold, as I find that my large BSWW is still really loose and bulky on him for trifolding. Even though he weighs 35 pounds I have to cross over the waist tabs. So if I bought Thirsties, would want medium or large?
I love thirsties covers! Way better than the bummis! I think a large would be good. We have mediums and though they still fit the rise is a little short on them. My little gal is 28lbs at 2 yrs & almost 4 months old if that helps at all.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #23
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

peircing thing... all three of my girls have theirs done we got #1 done at about 3. it was a PITA. she tugged at them and it was hard to care for them. hair got in the wayy...etc. #2 was done at 1yo. much better. still young enough that she was not into as much... and no hair. i guess just younger and cleaner toddlers can be yucky. #3 i got done at 6mo. same thing. we leave the peircers in. it hurts my fingers to get them out. theres no way they can get them out.
in hs i had 5 in each ear. one in cartlige. i have had that one long enough it doesnt close up. i havent hd one in for a couple yrs, but can. early 20s i did the twins uch: and around 30 did the tragus(ear nubby) that hurt about as much or more. any way ifreed the twins after a yr, and the tragus when i got an inner ear infection.
wotb bcpf brown interlock soaker and fleece zipper pjs. she hates the feet.
wota sew, prep interlock.... clean go to po. mostly SSDD.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #24
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
here they all are! (most of them anyway....)

Eli's Wipe-E's custom made wipes, one layer of bamboo velor (I purchased these natural colored and I dyed some of them)

Oh, I love the green What color is it?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #25
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

avocado green

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
Oh, I love the green What color is it?

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #26
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
hmmm not sure.... I have a large thirsties I could sell you cheap I bought four new and I only need two (I use them at night over our huge night time diapers) so they're brand new
Would you be willing to ship to Canada? If yes, shoot me a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidip2p View Post
We tried trifolding with Thirsites and couldn't get them too work. The front velcro strip would always rolled into his tummy. They just seemed too flimsy to me. He is 26lbs and we were using the sz M. We just switched to a Super Brite sz M and it works much better. I just don't like how "plasticy" they feel compared to Thirsties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
I love thirsties covers! Way better than the bummis! I think a large would be good. We have mediums and though they still fit the rise is a little short on them. My little gal is 28lbs at 2 yrs & almost 4 months old if that helps at all.
I love how different covers work differently for babies and mamas. My friend said that she loved her BSWWs much better than her Super Brites, and I just never found the love for the BSWWs as much as my BSBs. I always got more wicking with them for some reason. And Melissa, thanks for the rise info. My problem with E is always rise.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 AM   #27
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

avocado green
Thanks, I'll have to try that one next time. And I so don't miss my mechanical cow days
Old 02-05-2009, 08:06 AM   #28
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mommyscott love the wipes stash!
Mel glad you all are feeling better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristini2 View Post
Can I ask a QOTD? Does anyone here just have a stash that works and you stick with it? Or do you usually have some buying/selling/trading going on? And a related qotd, what's currently on the way to your house?
I'm pretty content with my stash. DD's thighs are to chubby for her small FBs that we use for overnight so I'm putting them up fs today to fund other pockets or aios (still trying to decide). Otherwise I love everything. I have some gdiapers that we don't really use because I am waiting for her to get a bit bigger. They are still a bit bulky on her.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a family cloth question (or more). How many of you use family cloth? If you do, is DH on board? Do you just keep them in a little wetbag and toss in with diapers or do seperate load? How much do you have?
Ideally, I would stop buying paper products alltogether but DH would never have it. I want to get some FC so bad and maybe eventually he'd jump on board just like with the CDs.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #30
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja*smom View Post
I have a family cloth question (or more). How many of you use family cloth? If you do, is DH on board? Do you just keep them in a little wetbag and toss in with diapers or do seperate load? How much do you have?
Ideally, I would stop buying paper products alltogether but DH would never have it. I want to get some FC so bad and maybe eventually he'd jump on board just like with the CDs.
We use family cloth. DP and I both use it, but I admit that we generally use it just for pee. Don't know why really... And yes, we just keep a small hanging wetbag in the bathroom and then throw it in with the dipes when I wash. For cloth, I just cut up old receiving blankets into 6X6 squares and they sit in a basket on the back of the toilet. One of these days I'd like to invest in some proper toilet cloth (preferably from Sarah ), but for now the flannel is working just fine.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote