Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Hey everyone!

Good morning!

I didn't see a chatter thread yet so I figured I would start one.

QOTD - What is your favorite color?

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Woohoo, it's my first time, too!!! I'm actually nervous about it. I'm afraid I won't get any. So silly!

QOTD - I had to think for a second, but since my two favorite rooms in my house are green, I'll go with that.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm here! I always say that my favorite color is blue but I always choose golds and browns when I'm decorating my home so . . . I think it might be brown.

I am ready for the stocking tonight! My plan is to have dinner cooked and eaten by 6:30pm so that at 6:45 DH can spend some quality time keeping the kids away from me, and then at 7:15 we can put them to bed together Wish me luck because usually, I'm not done cooking by 7pm.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTD - Purple

DSs fever seems to be down now...without meds its down to 100.1 down from a serious spike of 103.9 last night *yikes* Temps that high make me nervous. The pedi assured me as long as he is hydrated and responsive he is fine but good grief! That is HIGH!

He seems a lot better today than yesterday so I keep checking him for the rash his sister got at the end of this last week....

Already done dishes and cleaned up the kitchen...I was going to explode if I didn't, I cant handle a dirty kitchen!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
I'm here! I always say that my favorite color is blue but I always choose golds and browns when I'm decorating my home so . . . I think it might be brown.

I am ready for the stocking tonight! My plan is to have dinner cooked and eaten by 6:30pm so that at 6:45 DH can spend some quality time keeping the kids away from me, and then at 7:15 we can put them to bed together Wish me luck because usually, I'm not done cooking by 7pm.
Yea the stocking time is rough for me too! Both kids go to bed at 7 so I am either going to have to try and get them down earlier and hope I am done in time or wait and put them down later and hope against hope that DD isn't a totally melting down baby when its time for stocking.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
Good luck! 7:30 is usually when my guys go to bed, so this should be fun. DH says he doesn't mind, but I know I don't like it when I have to put them to bed alone.

Do you know what you're going after? I'm not picky and I don't really collect prints, so I'm taking whatever boy/gn I can get!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some of the previews are up, there are a *LOT* of the TIAN.

Has anyone used these? Do you like them? We still use sposies at night but it would be nice to get out of them and stop spending money on them.

The trouble is the inserts/pockets we have always end up stinking to high heaven in the AM...like knock you over dead. If I wash them with the other diapers then the smell seems to "contaminate" the other non-overnight diapers so I end up having to do a second wash...which uses a lot more water/ detergent than I care to.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas! Still sick today. And worse. I slept like crap last night so I'm hoping I can get Carter to nap today and I can grab a nap too. My Cody is still feeling bad too. DH and Carter are still feeling good and I hope they stay that way. Idk if I'll go for anything tonight. Depends on if I sell anything on FSOT today.

QOTD: I like pink and brown.

Shannon- I haven't used the TIAN, but I've heard great things about them. I've had nighttime stink issues since we first started cding over a year ago and I can't figure out what it is. It doesn't matter if I use a pocket with mf and hemp or a bamboo diaper. The only thing I've found that helps at all is a vinegar soak. Still doesn't make the nighttime diapers stink free though, just better. None of our diapers for daytime stink though.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry, Jordan. Hope you and Cody feel better soon.

I keep checking to see how many people are on the BSRB cart right now. I am stressing about this way too much! I have got to chill. It won't be the end of the world if I don't get any.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
QOTD - Purple

DSs fever seems to be down now...without meds its down to 100.1 down from a serious spike of 103.9 last night *yikes* Temps that high make me nervous. The pedi assured me as long as he is hydrated and responsive he is fine but good grief! That is HIGH!

He seems a lot better today than yesterday so I keep checking him for the rash his sister got at the end of this last week....

Already done dishes and cleaned up the kitchen...I was going to explode if I didn't, I cant handle a dirty kitchen!
I hope your DS is feeling better soon. A high fever is so scary...glad to hear the pedi has eased your mind a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Some of the previews are up, there are a *LOT* of the TIAN.

Has anyone used these? Do you like them? We still use sposies at night but it would be nice to get out of them and stop spending money on them.

The trouble is the inserts/pockets we have always end up stinking to high heaven in the AM...like knock you over dead. If I wash them with the other diapers then the smell seems to "contaminate" the other non-overnight diapers so I end up having to do a second wash...which uses a lot more water/ detergent than I care to.
I have been recently using our TIANs and I love them. C wears hers paired with wool footies and a wool onesie. Dry sheets in the morning.
I do use BGOS as well, and I hate the stink. It's horrible. I can smell it as soon as I go to get her out of her crib in the morning.
Definitely worth trying a TIAN, IMO. I'm very impressed with them.

To answer the QOTD: Blue, especially pale blue.

Off to get some coffee.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote