Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I's Avatar
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,527
My Mood:
MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Hey everyone!

Good morning!

I didn't see a chatter thread yet so I figured I would start one.

QOTD - What is your favorite color?

Advertisement

__________________
Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
i&a's mama's Avatar
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,997
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Woohoo, it's my first time, too!!! I'm actually nervous about it. I'm afraid I won't get any. So silly!

QOTD - I had to think for a second, but since my two favorite rooms in my house are green, I'll go with that.
__________________
Allison, proud WOHM of twin boys
i&a's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
aranel7's Avatar
aranel7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 7,214
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

I'm here! I always say that my favorite color is blue but I always choose golds and browns when I'm decorating my home so . . . I think it might be brown.

I am ready for the stocking tonight! My plan is to have dinner cooked and eaten by 6:30pm so that at 6:45 DH can spend some quality time keeping the kids away from me, and then at 7:15 we can put them to bed together Wish me luck because usually, I'm not done cooking by 7pm.
__________________
Jennifer single mama to Howie (8/8/06) and Juliana (11/28/07)

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I's Avatar
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,527
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

QOTD - Purple

DSs fever seems to be down now...without meds its down to 100.1 down from a serious spike of 103.9 last night *yikes* Temps that high make me nervous. The pedi assured me as long as he is hydrated and responsive he is fine but good grief! That is HIGH!

He seems a lot better today than yesterday so I keep checking him for the rash his sister got at the end of this last week....

Already done dishes and cleaned up the kitchen...I was going to explode if I didn't, I cant handle a dirty kitchen!
__________________
Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
Mom2BabiesA&I's Avatar
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,527
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
I'm here! I always say that my favorite color is blue but I always choose golds and browns when I'm decorating my home so . . . I think it might be brown.

I am ready for the stocking tonight! My plan is to have dinner cooked and eaten by 6:30pm so that at 6:45 DH can spend some quality time keeping the kids away from me, and then at 7:15 we can put them to bed together Wish me luck because usually, I'm not done cooking by 7pm.
Yea the stocking time is rough for me too! Both kids go to bed at 7 so I am either going to have to try and get them down earlier and hope I am done in time or wait and put them down later and hope against hope that DD isn't a totally melting down baby when its time for stocking.
__________________
Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
i&a's mama's Avatar
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,997
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
I am ready for the stocking tonight! My plan is to have dinner cooked and eaten by 6:30pm so that at 6:45 DH can spend some quality time keeping the kids away from me, and then at 7:15 we can put them to bed together Wish me luck because usually, I'm not done cooking by 7pm.
Good luck! 7:30 is usually when my guys go to bed, so this should be fun. DH says he doesn't mind, but I know I don't like it when I have to put them to bed alone.

Do you know what you're going after? I'm not picky and I don't really collect prints, so I'm taking whatever boy/gn I can get!
__________________
Allison, proud WOHM of twin boys
i&a's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Mom2BabiesA&I's Avatar
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8,527
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Some of the previews are up, there are a *LOT* of the TIAN.

Has anyone used these? Do you like them? We still use sposies at night but it would be nice to get out of them and stop spending money on them.

The trouble is the inserts/pockets we have always end up stinking to high heaven in the AM...like knock you over dead. If I wash them with the other diapers then the smell seems to "contaminate" the other non-overnight diapers so I end up having to do a second wash...which uses a lot more water/ detergent than I care to.
__________________
Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Jordan's Avatar
Jordan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 5,995
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Morning mamas! Still sick today. And worse. I slept like crap last night so I'm hoping I can get Carter to nap today and I can grab a nap too. My Cody is still feeling bad too. DH and Carter are still feeling good and I hope they stay that way. Idk if I'll go for anything tonight. Depends on if I sell anything on FSOT today.

QOTD: I like pink and brown.

Shannon- I haven't used the TIAN, but I've heard great things about them. I've had nighttime stink issues since we first started cding over a year ago and I can't figure out what it is. It doesn't matter if I use a pocket with mf and hemp or a bamboo diaper. The only thing I've found that helps at all is a vinegar soak. Still doesn't make the nighttime diapers stink free though, just better. None of our diapers for daytime stink though.
__________________
Jordan, wife to Scott, mama to Cody 8 yo & Carter 6 yo
WAHM Behind...
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
i&a's mama's Avatar
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,997
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

I'm sorry, Jordan. Hope you and Cody feel better soon.

I keep checking to see how many people are on the BSRB cart right now. I am stressing about this way too much! I have got to chill. It won't be the end of the world if I don't get any.
__________________
Allison, proud WOHM of twin boys
i&a's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
mrsdi's Avatar
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,735
My Mood:
Re: MY FIRST STOCKING! - BSRB THURSDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
QOTD - Purple

DSs fever seems to be down now...without meds its down to 100.1 down from a serious spike of 103.9 last night *yikes* Temps that high make me nervous. The pedi assured me as long as he is hydrated and responsive he is fine but good grief! That is HIGH!

He seems a lot better today than yesterday so I keep checking him for the rash his sister got at the end of this last week....

Already done dishes and cleaned up the kitchen...I was going to explode if I didn't, I cant handle a dirty kitchen!
I hope your DS is feeling better soon. A high fever is so scary...glad to hear the pedi has eased your mind a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Some of the previews are up, there are a *LOT* of the TIAN.

Has anyone used these? Do you like them? We still use sposies at night but it would be nice to get out of them and stop spending money on them.

The trouble is the inserts/pockets we have always end up stinking to high heaven in the AM...like knock you over dead. If I wash them with the other diapers then the smell seems to "contaminate" the other non-overnight diapers so I end up having to do a second wash...which uses a lot more water/ detergent than I care to.
I have been recently using our TIANs and I love them. C wears hers paired with wool footies and a wool onesie. Dry sheets in the morning.
I do use BGOS as well, and I hate the stink. It's horrible. I can smell it as soon as I go to get her out of her crib in the morning.
Definitely worth trying a TIAN, IMO. I'm very impressed with them.

To answer the QOTD: Blue, especially pale blue.

Off to get some coffee.
__________________
Diana , SAHM to C (3.08) and wife to M

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.