Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
Nettie29
Registered Users
seller

Good BSRB Fluffy Friday Morning!

Morning!

How is everyone doing after an exciting stalking night?

It was so nice to read about how the thread started... I'm glad to be here!

I'm getting ready for my exercise class. The house is peaceful and quiet right now, since everyone is still sleeping. I love it!

I think that even after having my second child, I'm still trying to hold on to some aspects of my life before kids. What I know now is that isn't working! I like to be creative with meals and think on the fly. I used to just pop out to the store if I was missing an ingredient for a dish I wanted. Can't do that in the middle of winter with two fussy babes... Being a parent required exceptional organizational skills. I'm in serious need of a schedule makeover. When do you go grocery shopping, do laundry, exercise, cook dinner? Do the LOs nap? Do you "structure" play time? Here's my question mamas:

QOTD: What is your "regular" daily schedule?

BBL...

to everyone!

Annette

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good BSRB Fluffy Friday Morning!

Morning bbiab w more...nak
Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you ever been so tired and so cranky that when you really crave something for breakfast and get up in the morning only to find you can't *have* that thing you crave...that you feel like crying?

That was my morning. I woke up *really* wanting a nice bowl of Cheerios...after being up for 1.5 hours in the middle of the night as DD thought it was play time I happened to disagree...I come downstairs, get diapers changed and everyone dressed, get them set up with breakfast (banana and cereal bar for DS and some cheerios for DD)...open the fridge THERES NO MILK!

No cheerios for me... It was the one thing I wanted this morning too. It also means oatmeal is out. DS ate the last banana. So now what do *I* eat?

Plus of course both kids are whiney/ half sick and I am gathering a cold so going to the store to *get* milk is way less than appealing.

*POUT*
Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! I'm still walking on sunshine, thanks to you, Annette! I hate that they sold so fast, though. I want more and more and more...

My schedule's a little different since I work full time. Luckily, DH and I work together, so we get up together around 5:30 am to feed the babies and get to work by 7:30 am. His parents come to our house to watch the babies. We get off work at 4 pm and rush home. We take turns feeding and playing with the boys so that we can get stuff done around the house and fix dinner. After dinner, we play with them together, bathe and put them to bed around 7:30-8:00. Routine is super-important, but I always try to balance it with letting the babies do their own thing, if that makes sense. We usually don't go anywhere on weeknights - we save all our running for the weekends. I do all the grocery shopping for the week on Sunday morning.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find time to exercise, although I did just buy a double jogging stroller so I can walk with them.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Daily schedule:
up around 730, get the DD a new diaper, take DS diaper off and get his underpants and clothes on for the day, gather them both breakfast and me some coffee
9:30/10ish DD goes for AM nap and DS goes into his room to play while I shower
11 DD wakes up from nap
11:30 start lunch then eat it.
12:30 lunch is over and everyone plays
1 - nap time for all three of us somedays usually the little ones at least
3- nap over, mama pouts, play as best as we can, attempt to go out for a little air if its warm enough and no one is sick (very few days this winter I am afraid)
5 - start dinner
5:30/6 eat dinner
7- bedtime for the children
7+ I watch tv, clean, veg out, spend a little time with DH
Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

very scheduled ladies
my oldest goes to school so get up around 7:30 to get her ready breakfast hair and all that her bus comes at 8:30 my lo's can wake up netime around their
we dont have friends or family here and sometimes no car when daddy takes it to work
we have schedule for meals luch noon dinner 5:30-6
bath 6;30-7 bed 8 anything else in the day is fair game
if we have the car try to get out library ,mall to play

daddy just got home this morning but after 12 hour flight showered and off to sleep
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #7
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh and baby eats and sleeps and does whatever whenver he wants
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cheerios yummm
yeah we just used the last of the milk this morning gonna try an dwait fo rdaddy ot wake up so i could go shopping an dleave the lo
its just so freezing to get him in and out the car brrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Have you ever been so tired and so cranky that when you really crave something for breakfast and get up in the morning only to find you can't *have* that thing you crave...that you feel like crying?

That was my morning. I woke up *really* wanting a nice bowl of Cheerios...after being up for 1.5 hours in the middle of the night as DD thought it was play time I happened to disagree...I come downstairs, get diapers changed and everyone dressed, get them set up with breakfast (banana and cereal bar for DS and some cheerios for DD)...open the fridge THERES NO MILK!

No cheerios for me... It was the one thing I wanted this morning too. It also means oatmeal is out. DS ate the last banana. So now what do *I* eat?

Plus of course both kids are whiney/ half sick and I am gathering a cold so going to the store to *get* milk is way less than appealing.

*POUT*
Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
Nettie29
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for sharing your schedules, mamas!

Shannon - Sorry about the milk! That has happened to me before and it's NO fun, especially if it's something you were craving.

Allison - Glad that I could help make you make on sunshine! You will love them - promise. I found the WOHM thing to be so tricky (did it for 1.5 years), so when DD2 arrived (July 08) I decided to stay home. One thing I did not have was a solid routine - sounds like you guys definitely do!

Here is my schedule...

M-W-F
530ish wake-up (for me only)
Mama goes to exercise class
DH and I "divide and concur": I get home, look after baby and myself. DH gets DD1 ready for nursery school and fed.
I drive DD1 to school (leave baby with DH - it gives me and DD1 some alone time)
I get home and nurse baby to sleep for her 9ish nap - if I'm lucky.
9 - 11
If I am not looking after a fussy baby (or on DS!), I try to do some housework. On a good day, I can do some laundry and vacuum, unload dishwasher, etc.. (That hardly ever happens)
get ready to go pick-up DD1 and go get her. (it's a cold, cold winter here, so every trip requires a lot of bundling and un bundling)
11:30
if i want to challenge myself, i go run an errand with both kiddos here, since we are already out, otherwise I make my way home for lunch.
After lunch we play or I nurse and watch DD1 play!
1:30ish
nap time!
If I am successful at getting both kiddos to nap (again, this rarely happens) I make another attempt to do some housework. At the very least, I try hard to start prepping dinner.
3:30ish
Kids get up, we play or do a craft. M and F, we get ready for Karate lessons, which start at 5.
6 ish
Dinner
7 ish
bed for the kiddos

Usually I am too tired to do anything at that point, so I just veg out and nurse. catch up on e-mails, surf DS.

On Tuesdays and Thursays, the days are the same, except DD2 doesn't go to nursery school. We try to make play dates or go the library/museum, etc.

Phew. That was long. Sorry! I didn't think it would require so much typing!

nak
Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Nettie29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
oh and baby eats and sleeps and does whatever whenver he wants