Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back 2 Basics- Fabulous Friday

Good morning! stolen from yesterday's thread: Description - We like basics... prefolds and flats. Some of us have entire "basic" stashes, some of us have a mixed bag, so to speak, and some of us just have a few basic items, but really, really like them. All are welcome. We don't bite. Usually. No promises. Delurk and try us.

The baby woke up at 5:30 and won't go back to sleep. Today's my birthday, but we don't have any special plans. I'll probably clean the kitchen, go drop a package off at the post office, and maybe go to the movie store to rent Madagascar 2. The weather's supposed to be beautiful here today too, so the kids and I might go outside and play

WOTB: pinned premium with geny cover

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #2
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics- Fabulous Friday

Good Morning.

Oh that sounds like so much fun having beautiful weather to outside and play in! We still have a bunch of snow on the ground but I'm thinking it might melt this weekend! Supposed to be in mid to upper 30's for the next few days as opposed to the teens it has been in for weeks.

Sorry you got up so early. My youngest likes to wake up about 5:45 every morning and she usually goes back to sleep for about an hour but it's a nice alarm, I think

We have homeschool co-op this morning then I'll be back this afternoon. I need to go get ready.

I missed some pretty fluffy mail yesterday evening. I'll be looking forward to new stash pictures next week.

WOTB: Still in mamazluv tester w/ thirsties cover. Fixing to put her in a mama-made fitted for co-op.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #3
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well DH is off today...he is dropping ds at school, coming back and getting dd1 and taking her to school, then getting the recycling ready, and then we are driving to Zellers (kinda the Canadian Target but not as nice lol) to cash in our raincheck for a TrueFit car seat for DD2. They were on sale for $50 off 2 weeks ago but were sold out. We got $100 in gift cards for Zellers for Christmas, so the seat will end up costing us $50 from our own pocket so that is exciting
Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy birthday Toni!

Two kid pedi appts, and I got to make a NB set today. We'll see how that goes. At least then I am done with all things doctor for at least another week.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:33 AM   #5
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja*smom View Post
Today's my birthday, but we don't have any special plans.
Yes, I forgot to say Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
Hi mamas!

Well DH is off today...he is dropping ds at school, coming back and getting dd1 and taking her to school, then getting the recycling ready, and then we are driving to Zellers (kinda the Canadian Target but not as nice lol) to cash in our raincheck for a TrueFit car seat for DD2. They were on sale for $50 off 2 weeks ago but were sold out. We got $100 in gift cards for Zellers for Christmas, so the seat will end up costing us $50 from our own pocket so that is exciting
Yeah! Have fun. Hope the new car seat works well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Happy birthday Toni!

Two kid pedi appts, and I got to make a NB set today. We'll see how that goes. At least then I am done with all things doctor for at least another week.

Hope your appts go well.

We're off to co-op. Catch you all later.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy birthday!!

I'm needing a fluffy mail fix today...anybody know of anything good that is stocking I have done well with resisting and making my own...but I want something darn it!!

Busy day here today too...but I"m sure the baby and his cough will show things down a bit...I already called and let Mom know that I was cleaning today-I hated to miss out on the $40 that I make..but anytime I take him outside he coughs until he throws up.....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja*smom View Post
Today's my birthday, but we don't have any special plans.
Happy Birthday

Quote:
Hi mamas!

I just ordered MH's new Marathon...179.99 on Allbeebaby.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
We have MH's 1 year appointment today....finally. Then we are meeting my parents for dinner so they can spend some time with her before they head off to Mexico for 2 WEEKS....

Tax return posted this morning....off to go find some yummy wool shorts and capris for the LO
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
osmom3kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday!

I need to clean today as my sons 8th birthday party is Sunday....cleaning the house just to be destroyed by 15 8 yr olds. Does not really make sense does it

Awesome that your tax return is in! Ours should be in the acct by the 9th but it is all going towards paying down debt. DH and I are doing the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey so we are attacking our debt

WOTB: Zabi Baby prefold in Ooga Booga with our only pair of wool longies
Old 02-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies! I'm up early today because, sadly, DP is off work again today. Poor girl was literally green with exhaustion when she got home from work yesterday. I guess that she wasn't really ready to return to work after all, so she's staying home again today. So I'm up with E, who's having some oatmeal for breakfast, and I'm having a nice cup of tea.

WOTB: Toddle-ease with an orange-edge as a doubler, under fleece longies.

Happy birthday Toni!

Quote:
I LOVE my True Fit. It can be a bit difficult to install, because the lockoffs HAVE to be used with either the seatbelt or LATCH, but it's such a plush and deep seat that it doesn't bother me at all. If you have any issues, feel free to PM me. Being a tech, maybe I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I'm needing a fluffy mail fix today...anybody know of anything good that is stocking I have done well with resisting and making my own...but I want something darn it!!
I don't know if you "do" overnight dipes, but Bonnie is stocking some awesome BedBugs at K&F Shops today at noon. And her congo mates have some nice stuff too - I'm loving the sea glass jewelry. Just don't get your heart set on the Celtic Owl BedBug. It's mine, literally. I got to shop early today because I was the one who suggested today's theme, AND I get 20% off, so that baby's coming to live with me!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

morning...this one was the worst I talked to my son yesterday just him and I (and the baby who lingers at my feet) and he got really upset and started to cry....He knows that he isn't doing things the "right way" and staying on task but he hates to be singled out....I just don't understand why at 10 he lacks any amount of common sense whatsoever....my 5 yr old knows if you don't do your homework you get in trouble...Sometimes I think he just thinks he can do it whenever and it will be ok....So this morning I noticed one paper wasn't in his folder to turn in and I knew that it was due today so I asked him if he's completed last night...he tells me no...I said did you read the paragraph for the paper..he says yes...I say get it out and get it done you have 5 mins...he spent the whole 5 mins looking for it...I said how can it be lost if you read it last night? of course he didn't that's how! So I took the paper and wrote the teacher a note to let her know that he didn't do it, I have it and he will do it ASAP and take the late grade....there went that possible A....So he threw a BIG fit, threw his backpack on the floor refused to go out to the bus, ran downstairs...I had to follow him down, walk him up, walk him to the door and send him out...he refused to run for the bus that was already there and loading and the bus driver was kind enough to wait for him...I know he is made because he was told that if this week went well he could go to some Outdoor Expo this weekend...I told him last night that he wasn't going because his teacher had to call me yesterday due to his behavior in class...

BUT I am determined to restart my day and move on...I have enough stress at work that this sometimes is really difficult to deal with....The shocking part is that his teacher has said that she worked with kids in "special classes" and that has behavioral issues but after hearing some of the things that go on in the classroom I'm not sure how much water that holds...It seems like she yells at him and separated him completely from the group a lot....

Well on the upside I had 2 offers on some of my FSOT stuff...the one I'm leary about because the person has 0 posts and asked if the diaper was stain free...I said yes and offered a pic of the inside and they declined the picture does that sound odd? I took it anyway at least for my record....not sure what to do....the other mama I'm resizing pics for now...she asked me for them

Agenda for today:
destress
take baby to daycare/go to work
get big kids off of buses take to daycare (bf has done the past 2 days )
back to work
back to daycare to get kids
home
make dinner
do laundry
do more dishes (bf did some yesterday )
Sleep!!!!!

This weekend I have to trim the girls hair, buzz cut DS's hair...I wanted to attempt some sewing...I started crocheting the waistband for some shorties but didn't realize that I used cotton yarn that is all I have other then..WHITE acrylic yarn....guess I might have to try and find a couple of and go to the craft store for some "real" yarn...I could use the acrylic but then I would end up with a whole white piece....trust me, white is a no go in this house...even the kids white socks have that stain free grey bottom to them! I'm gonna try and take some stash pics this weekend as thing become clean so that I can be ready for next week...I might clean up the nursery and take a "crib" pic as well....I maybe able to just remake the crib bedding and take a pic of that corner or the room

oh, funny story (this one is for Rebecca) I was lookingat the baby's bouncy seat in the living room wondering what to do with it because she hasn't used it in a long time...last night she climbed in under the bar and started bouncing in it on her hands and knees...and then she had to be removed because she tried o stand up in it and climb onto the coffee table to get in the fish tank We have a 20 gal and a 10 gal aquarium here...the 10 gal has goldfish...only 2 left from the Fireman's carnival but I'm sure it will be full again this summer...ya know...throw the ping pong ball in the glass bowl win a fish ...the 20 gal has snails, a small shark and a silver dollar...we are supposed to get more tropicals for that tank in a few months as well...

WOTB: a very wet trifolded light blue dyed prem prefold and a bright blue PUL cover...time to go change!

Toni~

Cheryl~ Hope the pedi appts go well!

Rebecca~ for new car seats!

Jennifer~Hope MH's appt goes well, have fun with your parents

Melissa~Have fun at the HS co-op...that sounds like fun!

Becky~ Happy Shopping!