Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #101
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Chatter Weekend Edition

thanks meg im not a knitter just a makin it by crocheter that can follow a pattern and have them fit some perfection is not my thing
look what came for my guy today
daddy got the package w/ a look
i was like
what its not diapers
http://hyenacart.com/northwoodstoys/...hp?c=0&p=90499

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #102
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can hand or machine on gentle but if u have the time id say hand is best
roll up in towl to get excess water out lay flat to dry
if she washed alot of wool washes come w/ lan. in them
ok gotta make dinner
theirs still sun over hear yeah spring is on its way
Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #103
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maya - That is beautiful. I think Annie bought the same one at Christmas time. She highly recommended Northwoods Toys.

Jordan - I have done both. I use handwash cycle on my FL with cold water and just squirt some wool wash in the regular detergent area.

Machine:
Pros:
Easier
Dries Quicker
Seems Cleaner

Cons:
Not as Much Control KWIM
Items Get Fuzzier
Seems to Compact the Stitches in Knit Items (Have to Reblock)
Old 02-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #104
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas! All you mamas and your wool talk I guess I really am not into wool so much...I love knitted stuff, but I don't like to have to hand wash and lanolize. I have a few knitted things and I use them over thirsties

I've been doing some cleaning too. I'm determined this weekend my house and laundry is going to be nice and clean.

I'm so excited to be getting our return back Friday We're getting more than we thought, so I'm upgrading my camera setup...I.cannot.wait.

So, is it possible to get to a point where you just aren't THAT interested in diapers so much? I mean I'm REALLY picky now about prints, and I just feel we don't need anymore. (until we are PG again ) Once I get my trims out and UFs made, I think I will honestly be content... LOL, is that possible?? I think the only things I will buy are new colors of Sbish that come out or the random must have print from BSRB. Switching over to UFs is going to drop my stash of 28 down some. I'm going to take a loss on the trims and have to pay a bit more for the UFs. But that's ok. Give's me more room for those random must haves

As far as kiddos names:

Anthony Nathaniel : Since I was like 14 I always wanted my son to be Anthony. Then, he had to have a jewish middle name and I love the name Nathaniel. (sometimes I think I should have switched them...but I like it)

Ephram Mason : Again, I wanted a jewish name for him. I LOVED the name Ephram. And Mason is my daddy's name (I'm a daddy's girl)

Avalea Jo : I loved the name Ava, had heard Avalea once somewhere (it's pronounced Ava-lee) and I loved it. Jo was my paternal and my maternal grandmothers middle names. My maternal g'ma passed away when my mom was 13 from breast cancer. My paternal g'ma I was very close to passed away in March 2 years ago from lung cancer. So I wanted to honor both of them, and since they both had the same middle name, that was it!

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #105
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for the sun Maya. It has been gloomy this week but today and yesterday have been beautiful, a great day for sunning dipes.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #106
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finally eating dinner...I am HUNGRY!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #107
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love talking about names!

Howard Leslie V - Howie is the 5th in a long line of Howard Leslies, all firstborn sons. I had no choice in the matter but I love the name (I don't know what DH would have done if I would have hated it). I like names that are different enough but not weird. Now that Howie is a wacky and wild 2 year old, Howie suits him to a tee. And . . . when he's misbehaving and I call out "HOWARD!" no other kids think I'm talking to them

Juliana Elizabeth - I was really fixated on honoring my late grandmother with my daughter's name but her name was Rita (not short for anything) and really . . . I didn't want that for J's first name and it painfully did not match AT ALL with any names DH or I liked. For a few months early in my pregnancy with her, we thought we'd name her Gwyneth Rita. We could both live with the name Gwyneth and it was the only name either of us liked that matched Rita. But it didn't feel right. The day we found out she was a girl, we were driving home and DH said "what about Juliana?". We both liked it. After that we spent a week debating about the spelling. We're both Italian but our last name is not Italian at all. We both liked the traditional spelling (Giulianna) but we didn't want to saddle her with a traditional Italian name and a NON-italian last name. I really did like the Juliana spelling, and eventually DH came around too. In our area, spelling it with a J was the right choice. In my hometown though, I get ribbed A LOT for naming my daughter Juliana and spelling it "the American way"

When we have another baby we're going to have world war 3 about the name. I like the names Seraphina, Daphne and Lauretta if we have another girl and DH hates them all. I like Bradford for a boy and DH hates that one too. Ugh.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #108
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Megan--as long as you're doing what it says to do in the pattern, you are correct. I will take a pic of my sketchy short rows following that pattern (and even trying to pull the stitches tight after SSK or K2Tog.) I'll email it to you in a bit.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #109
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I all the name stories!!! Keep 'em coming!!

DH actually wanted to give a son his name. As much as I like the name Matthew, I feel every little boy I have encountered with that name is one of those kids where everyone in the store knows his name, IYKWIM.
Plus, DH's middle name is Alphonsus. I'm pretty open when it comes to names, but I kind of had to draw the line with Alphonsus. He has friends from H.S. that call him "Fonzie" because of it. As funny as it is now, I don't think it would be funny for an elementary school aged child.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #110
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

gah diana and megan..short rows are the death of me! No matter what I do they always come out noticeable to me, so don't worry about it. i'm almost finished with the longies i was working on so when i do finish i'll take a pic and do a close up of the short rows for you two if you want to see it. i dont see how people get it to look seamless!

so i'm going through Ryder's diaper drawer today and realized since getting the TIAN, I am not reaching for the old overnights anymore ;X And I have 5 overnights in the trimfit version and 1 in the old style. I think I may list the old style and 2 of the trimfit ones on fsot soon. And maybe some TF prints that I don't really care for. What would a good price be for them?

Thanks for everyones input on the whole speech development thing. It's just that my neice is 2.5mos younger than Ryder and she talks a lot more and I can easily teach her new words because she likes to repeat everything I say anyways, so it makes me wonder about Ryder you know. I get that every kid develops differently so I think i'll hold out on calling EI until after he's 2 and see where he is at that point. In the mean time I'm going to get the baby bumblebee dvds and let ryder watch those. I'd much rather him not watch tv at all, but my mom has it turned to disney or noggin all day long! So if he's gonna be watching something..might as well be something that is age appropriate and will teach him something.