Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
im a little worried....kinda vent

With Avery her pregnancy was pretty much the same as this one. I lost 40 lbs and had really bad back problems. I wasnt how ever on bed rest like i am with this one. Her labour and delivery was amazing i felt no pain , and did it 100% natrual. So now im already starting to freak out about how much pain im going to be in with this one since my body was obvs. WAY to nice to me the first time around LOL.

That and the fact that my experiance with a hospital birth was rather annoying. Nurses fought and fought with me to put an IV in which i hate because it makes u ice cold and ur shaking like crazy. Then they try pushing me to take some potosin when i was contracting amazingly i had my daughter from the time they put the cervidel in till she poped out was about 9 hours.

Then when i gave the nurse my birth plan she took it maybe read 2 words and told me they dont do that there.??? How dont they do that its MY choice if i want to walk around and labour isnt it ? Its my choice if i dont want the anti. in my babies eyes or the vit. K shots. I just feel really disapointed with the heath care system in FL. ( i had my daughter in FL )
but now that ive moved back home to Canada im hoping it will be different.

All the midwifes are already overly books for may and june soo i just keep calling and hoping one of them will just break and let me in. Also.... ive never left my daughter alone before.... im a single mom and my family sucks and i dont trust her in there care. So my friend megan whos going to be with me in the delivery room her mom is going to watch her.... but i just ... i cant seem to get around leaving her for almost 2 days. I know i still have time and it might get easier i just feel blah....i want a mide wife soo i can have my baby at home or somewhere my baby can be with me and be apart of her sister comming into the world....

I dont see why my hospital wont let her come in , shes not even allowed in after i have the baby to come visit supposivly soo she wont get to see me or baby till i go home which i dont find fair at all.

-sigh- sorry im rambling im just not sure what todo is all.
then as much as i want a midwife im scared like i said about the pain.... lol i dont take pain well lets hope this one is nice to me like avery was.

Advertisement

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~

Last edited by xoxCoralxox; 02-08-2009 at 07:45 AM.
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: im a little worried....kinda vent

Hugs mama. I hope that you soon find a solution that allows your daughter to be a part of things while putting your mind at ease around the potential pain.

Try asking the midwife practices in your area if they know of any independent midwives who might take you on.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
Erinne
Registered Users

I've been watching a lot of birth videos, and the ones with older sibs there are always so sweet. I hope you can find a way to get your little girl there, if she's comfortable with it.
The only advice I can think of would be to leave the hospital as soon as you can. Obviously, you have to do what's best for you and your new little one, but if both of you are doing fine, there is no reason you have to stay. Also, could you have some playdates or maybe babysitting with the woman who will be watching your daughter so that she will know her before? If the woman would be willing to come to your house instead of bringing your daughter to her house, she would probably be happier at home, too.
Erinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Avery already knows megans mom shes my best friend and Nancy ( her mom ) is great with avery thats why im trusting her to watch her. Just with Avery i was in the hospitla for 5 days because of my AGE i was pissed i thought you could go home if everything was good after 24 hours. I already told my OB if my baby is fine im signing myself out and she said that it was fine.

I just dont see why they wont let kids under 13 into the labour and delivery wards specially to see the mama after she just gave birth... seems pretty lame to me. Unno

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote