Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
EarthMum
Registered Users
Formerly: Fallenangell44

Re: I need to know how to speak to my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinking View Post
I'm kindof still shocked that you would leave him alone with her at all? I mean what did she do to him with those pants that he cries when he sees them? Even putting him down for a nap while hubby takes you is def not good either. he shouldn't be with her are AT ALL. You always have a choice.
I agree. This is effecting your kids. I have a very close bond with my mother, but there would be no way I would handle that! Could she handle an emergency if one came up? It is not fair that your children should have to handle her moods. So sorry.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need to know how to speak to my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post
It sounds like you are in a tough situation, but honestly if I were you, I'd be talking to my mom about a new living situation. I firmly believe that kids always come first, and if your LO cries looking at his overalls, he was obviously traumatized by your mother's behavior and IMO that is not okay.

If she must remain with you, I would certainly not leave her alone with the children. It only takes a second for someone to snap and hurt a child. If she must do a job, have her fold clothes, empty the dishwasher, or put away groceries.
I completely agree. I dont think i would leave her alone with the kids anymore. It might be a touchy subject but just not worth the risk. Get her help or have her move out - I wouldn't bother requesting help with chores until she can get a handle on day-to-day living. It's obvious that the stress is a factor here.