Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
plath
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraDee View Post
and as usual didn't get it oh well.... now to go hold a sicky baby and watch some goofy tv on Nick Jr. I can't beleive I keep getting up this early to be disappointed....LOL its 6am here in WA my DH thinks ive lost it.
That stinks SS mama!

Advertisement

Currently closed

plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #22
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post
It does look a little strange, but you can't really tell until your lo tries it on

Question on my skirty. Here's a poorly lit/flash pic of where I am so far...

How long to you guys usually make your skirt portion? I was looking through projects on ravelry and just can't decide. And do you think I should trim the skirt in the brown yarn for a few rows? I was thinking that might "bring in" the brown a bit more.
It's turning out so girly I can't wait to see dd in it. I never dress her in skirts! She has a few hanna dresses, but she wears the pants under them and they're not super girly.

On a side note, this project made me remember how much I HATE my denise needles. Ugh. I'm constantly having to move the bunched up stitches around the needles.
I like the skirt to go at least as far as the soaker. I havn't made very many though. I am working on my second one and going for an A line look for now with ruffles on the bottom. At least thats the vision, still plugging away on the soaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1sarena View Post
I have been thinking Peter Pan all week!! I am so jetlagged than a 4 am wakeup is becoming normal for me and I can't stand it especially as it is Monday and I have to work and so much planned for today.

Atleast i am almost finished the project I started yesterday from a 5 year old stash yarn. I am not sure I like the way the soaker is far longer than the skirtie though but that remains to be seen when my lo tries it on. I just have one more leg cuff to go and oh, I especially made a short I-cord since the item is so busy already!

What do you all think? And please be honest, I can take it. It needs blocking too!
I think it does look a bit odd, you'll have to try it on to see. Personally I like the skirt part to be longer though. Wow you knit wicked fast though, I wish I could knit like that. Oh the things I could get done.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #23
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lisa, I would trim the skirt in brown for sure. Gives it a more "pulled together" look IMO.

I am going to start a skirt soon. Just need to get a needle. What size circular do you use? The cord size, not the actual needle. Would 36" be long enough?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #24
plath
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
Lisa, I would trim the skirt in brown for sure. Gives it a more "pulled together" look IMO.

I am going to start a skirt soon. Just need to get a needle. What size circular do you use? The cord size, not the actual needle. Would 36" be long enough?
Thanks. I'm using a 40 inch, but 36 would probably work, too. I'm contemplating heading out to Michaels today to pick up another needle rather than continue with my denise cord.
Currently closed

Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #25
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies!!

I have had the flu all weekend. So I probably missed A LOT!

DH is still home w/ us today--working from home to help a little--I'm still feeling pretty bad but I think mostly it's just getting my strength back and getting ride of my headache at this point.

I knit one sock for my mom and I also got almost through the body of the RK LS longies...

Gotta jet b/c DH needs the computer.

I'll be back later! Hopefully w/ some pictures.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #26
angelica
Registered Users
seller

Lisa, I am a brand new knitter, but I already know that I despise my Denise set. The lady at my LYS talked me into getting it since she was out of the needles I needed. I have a project just sitting on the needles, and I don't want to work on it because the stitches just like to catch on the transfer. Booo.

Anyway... I am placing an order in a coop, and I haven't tried enough yarn to know what I like. I have a 6 month old that is thinking about crawling. Should I go with Gaia, Corriedale, or Canadian or Bulky BFL? The colorways I want are shown on Marr Haven and Cestari Fine so I am not sure how they will look on the different yarn bases. Please help! If it matters, I live in Texas (hot) and these will be capris/shorties.

Last edited by angelica; 02-09-2009 at 07:35 AM.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #27
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely wouldnt get gaia for a crawler. It pills alot and felts very easily. IMO Id go with bulky BFL but thats only because I dont have any experience with corriedale.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #28
plath
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelica View Post
Lisa, I am a brand new knitter, but I already know that I despise my Denise set. The lady at my LYS talked me into getting it since she was out of the needles I needed. I have a project just sitting on the needles, and I don't want to work on it because the stitches just like to catch on the transfer. Booo.

Anyway... I am placing an order in a coop, and I haven't tried enough yarn to know what I like. I have a 6 month old that is thinking about crawling. Should I go with Gaia, Corriedale, or Bulky BFL? The colorways I want are shown on Marr Haven and Cestari Fine so I am not sure how they will look on the different yarn bases. Please help! If it matters, I live in Texas (hot) and these will be capris/shorties.

If you're concerned with pilling, I would go with corriedale. Cestari fine is good though, too. Gaia is amazingly soft (it's what I'm working with now), but it will pill, as will the bfl, but I don't think as much.

I love the fact that I have practically every size because of the denise needles, but I much much much prefer my bamboo needles, even my clovers.
Currently closed

Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #29
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Good morning ladies. Another night of very little sleep and I'm hardly functioning today. We have Jessica's 9 month wbv this afternoon and I'm thinking the 9 months have gone by so fast, so 9 years would floor me! Happy Birthday Kristi's Gabe!

I'm going back to my LYS at lunch time to get size 5's for the waistband. Do you all knit on 16" circulars or 24"s? I might as well get a few pairs while I'm there. It's so disappointing to be ready to knit and not have the needles.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #30
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've only used 16s as dd has a teeny waist but Im going to get longer cables soon. I want to be able to do skirties at some point.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote