Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #141
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Monday

Yeah, those pictures can get away from you. The last time I printed any photos was for #2's first year album - and she is now 3! I haven't printed any for #3 at all.

Another topic - #1 is totally obsessed with the Snuggy blanket from the infomercials, even though she is very hot-natured. I found a pattern for the adult-sized one, trying to figure out in my head how to scale it down for her size. And trying to figure out what to make it out of. I have so much fabric, but not much in the way of pink, which would be her fave.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #142
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
Hi Rebekah!!!! So glad to see you on here DH has been home sick today and I've actually been doing stuff including dyeing some more of my diapers (yea, I know, I know....) I did some for Lily this time in baby pink & lilac. The other ones were done turquoise and burnt orange. Btw - I AM TIRED night night ladies
Hi Christina! How's that sweet little Lily? I hope your dh gets well quickly!

And you know... you can NEVER have too many dyed diapers! I've got exactly 4 blank LL flats left, and I'm itching to dye them up for my Emily!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #143
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Ok i got enough fabric for 2 lined totes and will have one childs apron by the end of the week to "stock' lol i couldnt afford to get ALL the stock i wanted to do, but this will be a start. . i hope someone wants em.. Oh and i found something that will work for the bottom but i dont know how to do a pillow case thingy to go over it :scratchhead: I will figure it out ..
take 2 rectangular pieces of fabric, right sides together, sew up all edges but one, flip right side out, tuck in open edge and sew shut

I know how to sew, my wonderful machine just won't let me

Cheryl~not sure about the blanket....how about taking a receiving blanket/small fleece baby blanket, cutting 2 holes in it and adding sleeves! Everytime that commercial comes on my bf shakes his head and the kids laugh uncontrollably and say their's your present daddy! Wait for the mail!

OH...I totally forgot! I printed my first shipping label thru pp today Had to take the package to the PO to weigh it but saved on DC! Now I just need to sell more diapers!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #144
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Hi Christina! How's that sweet little Lily? I hope your dh gets well quickly!

And you know... you can NEVER have too many dyed diapers! I've got exactly 4 blank LL flats left, and I'm itching to dye them up for my Emily!
Do you ever get bored with the dyed ones? Like do you always want more blanks so that you can dye more? I have some dyed ones...when I think I have too many diapers I look at those to sell and then I reason myself out of it...like I have some UB LL flats and some solid colored dyed flats and the other day I was thinking about how I could live w/o the tie dye one and the blue dyed one and then I was like BUT what if.....I also thought about selling a few prefolds that fit ok but not quite what I was looking for....then they get used for trifolding and I'm happy or I look at the colors and am happy....to many decisions...too many colors....I asked my bf what he would do if I sold all of the diapers...He said "what would she wear then?" and "wow, you would be a wreck, do they make therapy for that?" I felt like saying yes...BUY MORE DIAPERS! I don't think I could sell them all....I'd keel over! I just can't bare to stand to see the ones that don't fit sit around and not get used....that and I'm a terrible photographer....

well, its time for me to hit the sheets...morning comes really early around here...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #145
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm turning in too.....anyone know of anything to do for horrible stomach cramps?
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #146
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
Do you ever get bored with the dyed ones? Like do you always want more blanks so that you can dye more? I have some dyed ones...when I think I have too many diapers I look at those to sell and then I reason myself out of it...like I have some UB LL flats and some solid colored dyed flats and the other day I was thinking about how I could live w/o the tie dye one and the blue dyed one and then I was like BUT what if.....I also thought about selling a few prefolds that fit ok but not quite what I was looking for....then they get used for trifolding and I'm happy or I look at the colors and am happy....to many decisions...too many colors....I asked my bf what he would do if I sold all of the diapers...He said "what would she wear then?" and "wow, you would be a wreck, do they make therapy for that?" I felt like saying yes...BUY MORE DIAPERS! I don't think I could sell them all....I'd keel over! I just can't bare to stand to see the ones that don't fit sit around and not get used....that and I'm a terrible photographer....

well, its time for me to hit the sheets...morning comes really early around here...
I don't get tired of my dyed flats, but I have too many pink ones and sometimes I'd like more blanks so I could add more variety

There are definitely times when I "consider" selling off this or that to try something new, but I never do. I like my simple stash and it works for us, so why fix it right?

I will say that I've used flats for a long time now, and I do love them... but I tried GMD prefolds about a month ago and I LOVE them! When I have some extra pp, I'll definitely be getting some more of those! For pfs, my favorite dye is two-tone dip dye!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #147
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I found the pattern for the Snuggy here, and I scaled it down to about 2/3 size for #1. I probably should have scaled it down 50% instead since she's 5YO, and DH pointed out she may want to run around with it on and it's long enough to cover her feet with room to spare. It's big enough for me to wear as a throw, but the sleeves are a little too close together for an adult. But the beauty of a fleece blanket is you can keep cutting it down and there's no additional sewing involved. I'll get pix tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #148
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Cheryl, both of those diapers look awesome! I love the diaper pin fabric on the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalcindd View Post
I used henna on my hair and it was awesome. It was a bit messy, but it was so relaxing and the color was amazing. I used body quality henna. See below for the link with info on how to do it and how to do other colors besides red. I heard of it on thebabywearer.com Lots of mamas over there did it and it was a hot topic for a while.

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairhenna.html
I used henna in high school and college (esp. when we lived here in Turkey before and I could buy it in the market for like $2 a kilo), and I loved it. I didn't realize how red my hair had gotten after using it for a while until I found an old picture and my hair is seriously the color of a penny almost (natural color is in my avi pic). I haven't used any kind of dye on it in probably four years...I keep getting the urge but then I decide that I'm too lazy to keep up with it. Maybe I'll do henna again, that fades after a while so the roots aren't quite as bad, and I liked having red hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Supper has been cooked and eaten, dishes loaded in the dishwasher, and E's in bed. Sadly, DP won't be home for another 45 minutes and our friend is still working (he's here for the week but still working, and on west coast time to boot), so I'm kinda by myself. Yeah, I should probably be cleaning something, but gosh darn it I just don't want to. Anything that isn't done now can surely wait until tomorrow.

WOTB: BedBug under a Floaker and fleece longies.

That's great! I always find it stressful when I have things that are taking a long time to sell, especially if I have something else I want to buy.
I had an awesome time with K and J (I was in "school" while I was there), thank you so much for linking us up! And I hear you on needing to do stuff but not wanting to. I really should be dusting something or sweeping something right now, but DS was up three times AGAIN last night, and I just don't feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
Anybody miss me today? Me and dh and oldest ds got the flu plus hte baby still isn't feeling well....

I'm trying to get to the land of the living but man......
Sorry to hear you're sick, that's definitely no fun, especially when the baby is also under the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
Hi Rebekah!!!! So glad to see you on here DH has been home sick today and I've actually been doing stuff including dyeing some more of my diapers (yea, I know, I know....) I did some for Lily this time in baby pink & lilac. The other ones were done turquoise and burnt orange. Btw - I AM TIRED night night ladies
Turquoise and burnt orange are two of my favorite colors for DS. I just need to keep reminding myself that I already have way too many pfs for one child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Love the rake story. MH is finally asleep and I am backing up all her first year pictures onto disks....I am afraid if this computer crashes we will have lost her whole first year. It is taking 5 disks. cant wait to get the new computer and the 250GB portable drive. That will make it easier to back this stuff up in the future!
I bought the cutest scrappy longies on the FSOT tonight. I was looking for shorites and stumbled on these and just couldnt resist. They will fit MH in the fall.
Hope all those who are sick feel better tomorrow.
Good night all
We bought a 500GB external hard drive to back up DH's dissertation, which is awesome because we can put all our videos and pictures and stuff on there without having to worry about filling it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post

I've only just gotten a few dyed diapers, and I like having some of each. The dyed ones are especially nice when I'm expecting him to poo, since it doesn't show up as much when he eats beets or blueberries as it does on the white ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post
I'm turning in too.....anyone know of anything to do for horrible stomach cramps?
Chamomile is a very mild muscle relaxer, so if you have any chamomile tea around that might help (no sugar, though...sugar can exacerbate intestinal/stomach stuff). If they're still going on tomorrow, try doing the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet for half the day or the whole day to see if that helps...sometimes your body just needs a break from trying to digest the more difficult stuff when you're sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I found the pattern for the Snuggy here, and I scaled it down to about 2/3 size for #1. I probably should have scaled it down 50% instead since she's 5YO, and DH pointed out she may want to run around with it on and it's long enough to cover her feet with room to spare. It's big enough for me to wear as a throw, but the sleeves are a little too close together for an adult. But the beauty of a fleece blanket is you can keep cutting it down and there's no additional sewing involved. I'll get pix tomorrow.
for pics!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #149
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Link to Wednesday's thread: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6268700

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote