Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Starr5678
Registered Users
seller

Was your 2nd pregnancy different from your 1st?

We're now expecting #2. And, I'm wondering if your pregnancies were different for different babies.

With DS, I had a strong feeling I was preg with a boy right after I Oed that cycle. I started getting morning sickness at 6dpo and had extreme fatigue by 10dpo (mono-like fatigue). I was also anxious and weepy (even though DS was very planned).

With this pregnancy, I was floored to even get a BFP - I didn't suspect at all. I have no idea on gender. I don't have any preg symptoms really yet (sore boobs and cramps but they are very mild and exactly like I usually get PMS). I have no nausea, like last time and no severe fatigue. I'm also totally happy and calm (even in the face of DS's temper tantrums).

I know it's still totally early for me (and I'm sure morning sickness will hit me soon) but this pregnancy feels totally different than the last. So, I was wondering what others' experiences were. Are different pregnancies just different, or could this be a gender difference, or what?

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was your 2nd pregnancy different from your 1st?

Mine has been different and both are boys. With ds1 I vomitted a lot, like 3-5 times a week from about week 7 to week 12, with ds2 - I have vomitted less than about 10 times total. I also had diarhea (TMI, sorry ) with ds1 and none with this little guy (no constipation with either of them). Heartburn was worse with ds1 and I am carrying WAY lower with ds2.

So who knows - I have gained almost exactly the same amount of weight with both of them though.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
jaceraden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Night and day difference. #1 is a girl and the pg was so much more difficult (so was the labor and delivery and recovery and the first year... lol). #2 is a boy and the pg, etc. has been wonderful thusfar.
jaceraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
Nikki*lala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been pregnant with one of each and now with another girl. I think that they are way different and I can tell that it is a girl (we know that it is) I am sicker with a girl and eat more, gain more weight, and am irritated more!! and I carried the girls differnt WIDE and big all over!! and was all baby with the boy!! so for me yes there was a difference with gender!! Let us know when you find out!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

This pg is VERY different.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Starr5678
Registered Users
seller

So interesting! Thanks for the replies, ladies!

I'm sure we'll find out the gender, but it won't be for a while yet! We are dying to know though. With DS, I knew it was a boy right from the beginning - I even told DH that it was a boy when I told him I was preg. He said, "those little sticks can tell you that, too!?"

This one - absolutely no idea either way. DH thinks it's another boy.... he seems to think that we can only have boys because he only has brothers and male cousins (so he thinks it's a genetic thing that he will only be able to produce boys). I think he's nuts! It's just low stats, I say.

My BFF thinks it's a boy, too. But, then she was convinced she was having a girl, only to have a boy, so maybe her opinion isn't too trust-worthy!

Last edited by Starr5678; 02-09-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Starr5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first i was sick sick sick lost 40 lbs all i wanted to eat was fruits and veggies and hated hated meats till around 7 months.

With this pregnancy im sick sick sick lost 37 lbs and all i want to eat are fruits and veggies.... i can tolerate a bit of meat like once a week but eh... bout it .... lol

And both are girls. So im assuming if i got pregnant with a boy i wouldnt get sick and i could eat more meat lol i dunno one day if i can find a loving guy who will stickaround and marry me lol ill get my boy pregnancy but i doubt it i think im done with 2 girls and stayin a single mama... lol

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Mother Lover
Registered Users
Formerly: Mirandom
seller

My Mood:

1st baby was a girl, I was sick with her til 26 weeks.
2nd baby was a boy, sick with him for about a month, nothing to really complain about, was a REAL easy pregnancy.
3rd baby, a boy (currently baking) real sick with him, I still get sick even now, a lot like my DD's pregnancy (minus all the weight gain)....

So I chalk it up to pregnancy and not sex. I use to think that way, but this pregnancy has made me think other.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My first two pregnancies were VERY VERY similiar....weight gain, sickness, how I carried, sex drive, heart rate, etc. They were both boys.

This pregnancy is VERY different. Everything is opposite/different. I have a strong feeling it's a girl, but we'll see in two weeks when we have our 20 weeks u/s!

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
Domino Pads
Registered Users
seller

My pregnancies were very similar -but my births were very different. Slow and draining with DS and sort of fast and furious with DD.
Have a happy pregnancy and a joyful birth!

Domino Pads - We are the TOP RATED Cloth Pad on The Diaperpin
Handdyed or Natural - Petite, Regular & Plus Size - use Coupon DSCode for 5% OFF
Domino Pads -The Perfect Pad for Your Period, Pregnancy & Postpartum
Domino Pads is offline   Reply With Quote