Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:
choosing not to vaxx

If you decide that you don't want to vaccinate your kids, how do you go about explaining that to the school?? I have up to this point had all DD's vaccinations and have kept them up to date. I really wish I hadn't and had gone the non-vaxxing route. But I was told by the pediatrician that I had no choice unless I was going to homeschool her and keep her in a bubble.
Everyone living in Ontario has to get the mumps vaxx again because they were actually only giving 1/2 the dose (only those people born between 1970-1991). I have always been lead to believe I had no choice. I feel like I have done a diservice to my DD, I know I cannot turn it back now, but can I refuse from here forward?

Advertisement

living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
pantufla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: choosing not to vaxx

I'm not familiar with the laws in Canada, but I do believe that you CAN refuse. Check out the vaccination forum on MDC. There are tons of links in the stickies at the top of the forum, or the wise mamas there can direct you.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=47
Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bumping this up for you. I know there are other Canadian mamas on here who do not vax. We do not, but we are in Tx, kind of far away and totally diffrent laws. From what I have understood from previous posts here you can get an exemption just like here in the US, and that you don't realy have to say anything at all to your pedi about it.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I called the health unit and got a form exempting me from teh vaccinations. It has to be notarized and that cost me 10$ at the municipal office.

hth
Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
spotsmum13
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is all I found, and everywhere I have worked, I have been led to believe that we have no choice unless our child is going to never leave the province or go to school, or well pretty much anything.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/.../qa_immune.pdf

When I was talking today with my mum about it, she made some comment about my DD never being able to travel. She had to provide a certificate when entering parts of Africa when she travelled there last year.
But I also firmly believe that the Ontario gov. are a bunch of idiots, who get paid well to sleep on the job. How can you administer a vaccine for almost 20 years and not catch on that you are only giving half the dosage?? It makes me wonder what other vaxxes aren't properly dosed.
living in Mummy to DD #1 born Aug 21, 2001 (9years) DD#2 born still Aug 24, 2007, and due 09/09/2011
spotsmum13 is offline   Reply With Quote