Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics "Why are these pink?!" Tuesday

Just checking in real fast.

Hubby is working home today. I'll check back later.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #22
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

for the pink dipes!

for the sick kiddos!

for dealing with food intolerances/allergies! I'm right there with you! Milk & soy are in everything! I just cook at home. This week we are avoiding wheat & eggs as well.

wotb: medium babyshape mutt & smartypants longies

wota: target for a hotslings pouch & to try out a few car seats
Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #23
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Michelle, are you sure it's dairy she's sensitive to, and dairy only? #1 was, but often when they are sensitive to dairy they are also sensitive to soy. #1 is part asian indian, and they are almost never sensitive to soy, so it wasn't a problem for us but it often is for other caucasians and ethnicities. I do remember that she did have some, but not much, blood in her stool until I got dairy out of my system, which took a month. You might want to take her to a pediatric allergist. #1 didn't test allergic to anything, but they still had lots of advice for food sensitivities.

I made an appt with the GI but its not until the ernd of march. They did say i could sneak her in sooner if it got horible. She has really had the bloody stools often its really worrying me . I wanted to do one allergn at a time so i could be sure thats the problem but i think I'm going to try soy too. I'm keeping a food log too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
for the pink dipes!

for the sick kiddos!

for dealing with food intolerances/allergies! I'm right there with you! Milk & soy are in everything! I just cook at home. This week we are avoiding wheat & eggs as well.
does he have bloody stools ever? What are his symthoms?
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #24
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! It is supposed to be 60 here today!!! I'm going to try to get showered in a bit and head out of the house for the day.

Heidi - I had a new wool soaker bleed onto a diaper when Levi peed. I wasn't that concerned about it, and after several regular washes (and being dried) it was still there. But when I did my last diaper stripping, a 1-2 hour soak w/ 6 scoops of oxiclean and then a wash w/ tide and bleach it came out.

Kari - I hope it's just something she ate and noone else gets sick!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Kari, sorry your brood is going down fast. Ugh.

Heidi, I don't know what to do about your pink diapers. I'd second an oxyclean soak.

I woke to the High Priestess of the Order of the Snuggy:

Obviously she's thrilled. My kids are so weird. I guess they get it from me!

I crack up every time I see those Snuggie commercials because they look like some crazy cult lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Heidi I hope you get the pink all out!

Kari: Hope your kiddos feel better/sleep soon and you get some rest. We are dealing with something over here as well. J was perfectly fine yesterday morning, then all of a sudden gets a temperature and pukes! He's had a temp all night and is still feverish today but no more vomiting thank goodness! Then C woke up at 6am (she usually wakes up to nurse and goes back to sleep til 8-9am) and refused to go back to sleep and started chitchatting away and woke up J!

Michelle: hope you can figure out what Maya's sensitivity is!

Cheryl: How cute is your High Priestess of the Order of the Snuggy!

WOTA: try to survive the day! DH has school tonight so I will be alone with both kiddos. I am beyond exhausted but hey, I'm a mommy so that means I'm superwoman right? LOL!

WOTB: pink pf, pink cover, pink snappi

Last edited by TJR2119; 02-10-2009 at 08:23 AM.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #26
ja*smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaMeA4 View Post
Heidi - so sorry to hear about the diapers. Hopefully one of the dyeing mamas will be on in a few hours to give you some advice.

I was just going to start a thread - Traumatic Tuesday. I'm not ususally up at this hour. But dd1 has thrown up twice, ds1 is up because he's having bad dreams, dh is wiped out still, ds2 decided he needed to nurse since everyone was awake, and dd2 didn't go to sleep until almost 10pm last night. I'm going to be a walking zombie tomorrow!
I'm sorry your kids are all so sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Thanks mamas. I know they're just diapers, but I'm still upset. There was a recycled flat that I made out of one of my dad's old military uniform shirts that has a lot of sentimental value, and now it's pink.

I also wanted to add, before anyone suggests them, that I can't get RIT or "color grabbers" or any of those fancy things here. I could order them, but in the week or two it would take them to get here I could probably just learn to deal with pink diapers. So what I have access to includes white vinegar, bleach (liquid nonchlorine, regular chlorine, and OxiClean), a little bit of Borax, baking soda, and detergent (Tide, Simply Clean, and Arm & Hammer F&C). That's about it. I just checked them after their run through with Tide and OxiClean, and no change. I think next I'll try doing a presoak with 1/2 c. Borax, then wash with another 1/2 c. Borax and some Tide or A&H.

Oh, and it's all cotton (pfs and flats) except for one hemp flat, so no elastic or PUL or anything to worry about ruining.
Oh that stinks. I hope you can get the pink out.

Nothing much going on here today. It's been rainy and miserable.

WOTA: finish ironing dh's work clothes for the week. make a craft of sorts with DS

WOTB: pinned ub GMD flat under a white thirsties cover
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #27
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalcindd View Post
heidi, i would do a long soak in oxyclean (like over night) and if that doesnt work then i would try very diluted bleach (just a bit tho)
yeah that, but it will probably bleach your unbleached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
I crack up every time I see those Snuggie commercials because they look like some crazy cult lol.
yeah, i always chuckle esp witht he red onnes. they look like they should be walking in a church chanting w one of those smoke things.... or they could be like the dahli llama..... definatley a religious look to the red ones.... now if they had a hood and were standing in the woods...... that would be scary
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #28
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
yeah that, but it will probably bleach your unbleached.

yeah, i always chuckle esp witht he red onnes. they look like they should be walking in a church chanting w one of those smoke things.... or they could be like the dahli llama..... definatley a religious look to the red ones.... now if they had a hood and were standing in the woods...... that would be scary

THere is one part of the commericial where they're sitting around a fire lol
Old 02-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #29
MaMaMeA4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cute snuggy Cheryl!

SS to hear about all the food issues. I couldn't have milk growing up because of the abx I was on for the urinary reflux. The drs tried to tell me I was allergic to milk - but I think it was the reaction with the abx. I remember having to eliminate all sorts of foods from my diet and then slowly adding them back in.

Dd1 has gotten sick a couple more times this morning. Ds1 seems just fine and so does dd2. However, dh is lying on the couch moaning.

We are getting a whole house humidifier installed today! I think that's part of my sinus problem. I'm also planning on running by the po today to mail out the last of my diapers. I need to run by Hobby Lobby and look for some yummy bamboo yarn for a ballet sweater I'm having knit for dd1.
MaMaMeA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #30
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies

So the capris i got in a trade yesterday trade value of 10 bucks. They have stains all up and down the front and back, like a hanger stain!!! Argh i am irratated. She wouldnt come down on the price at all and even made me pay shipping. . i dont get it. the description said no stains or rips. . . argh irratated. I hope my camera comes today! then i would feel better.

I am sorry for all you mama's and kiddos that arent feeling well, that stinks i will G my computer now .. . lol j/k ( G is a germicide, like bleach only w/o the harsh chemicals yet it killls the same bad stuff)

Wota- Preschool this morning, do chloie's laundry, start our laundry, load of dishes, cut out fabric for something. . i have many. OH we get our taxes done this evening i hope we get a good Penny back. I want to keep staying home with our kids!

For those who know about last week, no AF yet. . . . i havent tested yet tho, i am just waiting for it to show . . i am miss quick test normally but if i am i will find out soon enough. . . I should start any day now. .
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote