Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #81
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics "Why are these pink?!" Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
BFP = big fat positive (pregnancy test)

just as a personal note - school is NOT the place to learn social skills but that's just my personal opinion and I'm a bit nutty
she just at times is verrrry immature. i think its from having an older brother who did alot of things for her that she should have done herself... ie. making friends in a setting other than school. like the pool or park, she doesnt talk to any other kids. and at 13 she doesnt talk on the phone, or go to any friends houses much. she still has poor hygiene. cries when she doesnt get her way, and takes the lazy route whenever possible... not that shes a bad kid or even lower functioning.... it seems like i painted that pic. she is a beautiful girl, i just have to keep on her....
dont you think that she could possibly get "worse" without the structure of instutional learning? and what happens in high school if she would decide to go to vocational school. and how do colleges do w HS'd kids? i havent looked into anything, and havent mentioned it to anyone until now, but i have a lot of ????

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #82
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok ladies I need some advice....... DH and I have been VERY tight on money so for a long time I just had prefolds, thristies and fleece soakers. Well we got some of our taxes back and I went on a small spending/trading spree. I ended up with some AIOs, pockets and fitteds. With excpetion to the Nana's Bottom AIOs that I for the diaper bag. I pretty much am really disappointed! I LOVE prefolds and don't know why I ended up with 10 Mutts. Now what? Do I sell and lose a lot of money? or just keep them and hope they grow on me? Why did I mess with it when it when PFs and fleece was working just fine?
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #83
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the simplicity of natural prefolds GRRRRR........
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #84
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
she just at times is verrrry immature. i think its from having an older brother who did alot of things for her that she should have done herself... ie. making friends in a setting other than school. like the pool or park, she doesnt talk to any other kids. and at 13 she doesnt talk on the phone, or go to any friends houses much. she still has poor hygiene. cries when she doesnt get her way, and takes the lazy route whenever possible... not that shes a bad kid or even lower functioning.... it seems like i painted that pic. she is a beautiful girl, i just have to keep on her....
dont you think that she could possibly get "worse" without the structure of instutional learning? and what happens in high school if she would decide to go to vocational school. and how do colleges do w HS'd kids? i havent looked into anything, and havent mentioned it to anyone until now, but i have a lot of ????
rather than me pretend to know everything (and I'm short on time today because I only have one hand to type with) I'll recommend an EXCELLENT book - the homeschooling book of answers

it addresses many if not all of your questions

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #85
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
BFP- Postive Prego test, 8 days post Ovulation .. thats quick!
yep, for some reason I woke up that morning and felt like I should POAS. So I did, it was a FRER, and it was a very faint positive. So I went to lunch w/ a friend and bought a Clear Blue Digital while I was out and took it that afternoon and it read "pregnant"

Quote:

just as a personal note - school is NOT the place to learn social skills but that's just my personal opinion and I'm a bit nutty
I agree. I think dealing w/ all the crappiness and meanness that goes on socially in school made me weirder and more withdrawal, and i'm fairly certain I'm still scarred.

That being said, I don't think I have it in me to home school though. I just hope to teach my own children better social skills than I had and pray they're not made outcasts like i was.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #86
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes prefolds are the best

Sorry you bought all them and dont like em. Maybe you could trade for more PF instead or something else you need? Or wait till FSOT picks up, but idk if that will ever happen!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #87
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
Ok ladies I need some advice....... DH and I have been VERY tight on money so for a long time I just had prefolds, thristies and fleece soakers. Well we got some of our taxes back and I went on a small spending/trading spree. I ended up with some AIOs, pockets and fitteds. With excpetion to the Nana's Bottom AIOs that I for the diaper bag. I pretty much am really disappointed! I LOVE prefolds and don't know why I ended up with 10 Mutts. Now what? Do I sell and lose a lot of money? or just keep them and hope they grow on me? Why did I mess with it when it when PFs and fleece was working just fine?
Well if you sell, you'll deffinately take a hit, but that would be some money back in your pocket at least.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #88
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:

I'm gonna have to agree here and my oldest is in school.

I have been toying with homeschooling for next yr but honestly finiances keep me from it more then anything. We are really struggling having me home. Maya was a ummmm "pleasant" suprise otherwise I would be working. As it stands right now i wouldnt even make enough to cover Daycare for the three kids...... I can't help but think about homeschooling though. I brought it up to DH and asked him to just think about it.......
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #89
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We home preschool. Then next year dd will go to real school at the church building, there ae only 4 students there this year mayb e 6/7 next year. They go there for half the day and then home school the second half of the day. And they arent allowed to "socialize" while doing work, they each have their own office and work at thier own pace. They get a break to play/snack/visit. I like how its set up. My hubbie and his sis went there and are not social ackward at all. NOw their lil bro on the otherhand. Yes he is but that is him not from school.

I am so excited for her to start school!!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #90
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
I'm gonna have to agree here and my oldest is in school.

I have been toying with homeschooling for next yr but honestly finiances keep me from it more then anything. We are really struggling having me home. Maya was a ummmm "pleasant" suprise otherwise I would be working. As it stands right now i wouldnt even make enough to cover Daycare for the three kids...... I can't help but think about homeschooling though. I brought it up to DH and asked him to just think about it.......
homeschooling, thankfully, doesn't have to be expensive - it just means more work than if you went out and purchased an already "put together" curriculum - if you want some suggestions, feel free to ask otherwise, I'm keeping my mouth shut

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote