Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #11
Elsaraw
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why to bedshare...

Every night as I snuggle up with my baby I am so happy, so grateful. . . in those moments I have never, ever been so happy and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
melodyjstray
Registered Users
seller

Like a PP said, it's for selfish reasons... Way easier to nurse in my bed than to have to go get the kiddo out of the crib, sit in the rocking chair, etc. etc.

Not to hijack, but did anyone see the article in the Jan/Feb issue of Mothering about co-sleeping? Maybe it's old news, and has already been discussed ad nauseam on here, but there are actually areas (in specific, NY and Philly come to mind) that spend taxpayer $ to run anti-co-sleeping ads... logos like "Babies Sleep Safest Alone" and "All babies should be placed to sleep in cribs", etc. I was appalled...
Wife of Chris, mama to Evangeline (7/8/07), Cana (7/3/09), and Ruby Rae (6/25/11), follower of Jesus of Nazareth. Get free amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melodyjstray Read my pointless ponderings: www.soggymama.blogspot.com
melodyjstray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just out of curiosity, do those of you who co-sleep miss sleeping with your SO/DH alone? And would you say that the intimate side of your relationship is still strong or has it suffered?

ETA: I hope this doesn't sound like a total tangent. My thinking is just that I know prior to DD that's kind of the feeling I would get when waking up to DH, KWIM?

Last edited by Magpiedpiper; 02-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #14
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I would rather co-sleep with DD than DH! At least with DD she is light and doesn't try to sleep ON me. She snuggles up to me at times or puts a foot on me but NOTHING like DH. DH can sleep on the Queen and take up the whole bed. EVERY NIGHT when I come in to bed, I have to kick him on to his side. I wish we had 2 Full's that we could sleep on individually that would be next to each other for when we want to snuggle.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you ladies love that you co-sleep. I love that I don't. I would never get any sleep. I do like it when my kids crawl in bed and snuggle with me in the morning.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #16
yumyuc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek4 View Post
I cosleep with our newborns while they are still nighttime nursers so that I get sleep. Once DS was 9 months old, he slept better and longer in the bed by himself so that is where he went. DH never cosleeps with me and a baby, he sleeps to hard and is too scared he will hurt the baby.
DH doesn't sleep w/ us either. No room two 6ft. + adults and our big offspring in a queen! I don't think he minds. When DS was a wee babe, the 3 of us shared a full size bed, it was pretty darn cramped.
Although, I sometimes miss adult cuddles, I know this will only last so long, so I have to enjoy it while I can!

Lovin' all you DS Mamas & Papas!!!
yumyuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #17
yumyuc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyjstray View Post
Like a PP said, it's for selfish reasons... Way easier to nurse in my bed than to have to go get the kiddo out of the crib, sit in the rocking chair, etc. etc.

Not to hijack, but did anyone see the article in the Jan/Feb issue of Mothering about co-sleeping? Maybe it's old news, and has already been discussed ad nauseam on here, but there are actually areas (in specific, NY and Philly come to mind) that spend taxpayer $ to run anti-co-sleeping ads... logos like "Babies Sleep Safest Alone" and "All babies should be placed to sleep in cribs", etc. I was appalled...

I know!!! That was part of what I was talking about, I think the only reason they could justify this is if they are trying to target certain parents.
I've had people ask me why I'm not scared of rolling over on to the baby. I can hardly even answer...
I started this thread on a pleasant note, so I'm going to hold my rant

Lovin' all you DS Mamas & Papas!!!
yumyuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
Divalicious Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do it because it is easiest for us.Although when the new baby comes we won't be co~sleeping with him/her because there isn't enough room in our bed.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #19
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have coslept from the beginning. It just seemed natural. My parents coslept with us, so did my DH's parents. We enjoy those sweet snuggles and it definitely makes night time nursing much easier!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #20
katiematie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I *heart* co-sleeping too!

Dont get me started on the "anti-cosleeping" campaign america has going on. I got in an arguement with a lady at the health department the other day because she refused to admit that the majority of co-sleeping accidents are from obese or drug/alcohol addicted parents (despite statistics backing me up on this one). She told me there was no way anyone could co-sleep safely....Trust me, i didnt let her off easy with THAT comment, lol.
Katie, single mama, BFing, CSing, non-vaxing, CDing, vegetarian mommy to Elijah-7, Aubriana-6, Rowin-4 and baby #4 due August 2012.
katiematie is offline   Reply With Quote