Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #21
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You any WOOL... Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
Here's a WIP shot of the hat

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #22
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Peach~ View Post
I just got the email my federal return was accepted!!!!!!!! Now I need to start planning for it.
I told dh Im getting Saedra some more diapers as Im sick of washing every 2 days and I can cut down our clothing budget for all 3 girls by just buying a few things of yarn to knit up for Saedra and some cheapy shirts. We are going to put 4k away for our cushion and then Im going to try to negotiate with Ford Motor Credit so I can pay off my car and be done with this loan.
Congrats! And "cushions" and no car loans are the best feeling in the world. Even better than new wool.

Amy, we have hardwood floors downstairs in this house. (We're renting while we look for the perfect house to buy.) We just took out the rug in our living room and replaced it with a cushiony mat w/ interlocking pieces b/c my DD is now standing on the furniture and trying to cruise. My DH wasn't thrilled about taking out our beautiful rug to replace it with this jigsaw puzzle, but it actually doesn't look bad or babyish. And I totally understand about worrying about falls!

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #23
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well given your previous history, I would think itd be worth mentioning. But as Im sure you know babies grow at different rates. At 24 weeks dd was measuring 22 weeks 3 days but then by 32 weeks she was measuring at 33 weeks. She was the smallest of all of my babies but I was induced a few days early and my other two were born a few days past my due date so that could account for the difference in size.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #24
iheartruiner
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyruth View Post
Okay now I'm caught up! Good morning everyone!

DH is home all week and it's great!! He got the 3yo on the bus this morning, I got a shower, dishwasher is going, diapers are in the wash. He even mostly folded 2 loads of laundry last night that I forgot was on the bed!

I'm thinking about asking for another growth u/s today b/c last week the baby slipped down some days in growth and I have a clotting disorder (my first was growth restricted and emergency section at 36 weeks) so I'm a bit paranoid...

I'm struggling with the WT longies now.

Honestly, the waistband swirled (she doesn't like trim) but the body is swirling the opposite direction. It just doesn't look good IMO. I might frog and try the Freckles pattern for her though I think it will be too big for her LO in a large... Anyone who knits with the Freckles pattern, how does the short row section work out with a bulkier yarn? I'm using Rambouillet and getting 4st/inch. I'm trying to do a large. Will I have enough room in the back for short rows with a bulky yarn or do you need to cut out some of the short rows?
with your newbie.

As for the ribbing pooling in the other direction, I actually really like that. Here's a pic of one I did that had that effect. (a bit difficult to see since the drawstring is there)

this isn't that noticeable since the striping is thinner:

GalleryBlogFan Page!
iheartruiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

:wave2:
Hi ladies
Still no computer. I've got to call Sony and see if I can get the part I need from them.

I cast on for the freckle mermaid skirtie last night. It's going to be part of a set with a diaper in the heather ross mendocino fabric with the mermaids in the yellow/brown/pink colorway, so I am knitting it in solid brown yarn to match the mermaid tails in the fabric, and so far I like it, but knitting in solids is boring when you're used to colorways! It's the last woolie item for my stocking on Saturday, so I am setting aside all other knitting so I can get it finished, blocked, lanolized, and dry by Saturday.

Okay, back to work I go--If Sony can direct me to someone who has the part I need in stock, I'll probably be back to chat later.
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #26
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The waistband pooling doesn't bother me at all. It's covered by a drawstring and a shirt anyway...

Sometimes I feel like there's just only so much I can be picky about. Yarn has a mind of it's own sometimes.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #27
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

Hi ladies
Still no computer. I've got to call Sony and see if I can get the part I need from them.

I cast on for the freckle mermaid skirtie last night. It's going to be part of a set with a diaper in the heather ross mendocino fabric with the mermaids in the yellow/brown/pink colorway, so I am knitting it in solid brown yarn to match the mermaid tails in the fabric, and so far I like it, but knitting in solids is boring when you're used to colorways! It's the last woolie item for my stocking on Saturday, so I am setting aside all other knitting so I can get it finished, blocked, lanolized, and dry by Saturday.

Okay, back to work I go--If Sony can direct me to someone who has the part I need in stock, I'll probably be back to chat later.
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #28
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope your computer is fixed soon Aimee!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #29
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartruiner View Post
with your newbie.

this isn't that noticeable since the striping is thinner:
Thanks! Waiting for a Dr. callback. They only do in-office sonos on Monday and Tuesday but if he wants he can send me to the hospital or another lab. I just prefer the same tech and machine for consistency.

I love your Elliot striping! I wish my NB pair did that. I will knit thru the short rows and see how it looks. It might even out. I just have areas that are so dark and other areas with a lot of white. It just doesn't look balanced.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 AM   #30
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
Hi ladies

It would drive me batty to have no computer!!!! I hope you get it fixed up soon...

That sounds like a really cute set! Can't wait to see pics!