View Poll Results: How did/do you put your infant down to sleep?
Tummy 41 25.47%
Back 100 62.11%
Side 42 26.09%
Other... 5 3.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
steely_cass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did/does your infant sleep?

I voted other, but probably should've picked back and tummy.

DD slept on her back tightly swaddled until around 6 months. Then we decided to try letting her sleep on her tummy to help her reflux. She hated it for the first few days (she couldn't roll over well yet) but now she always sleeps on her tummy - jammed up in the corner of the crib, haha!

Advertisement

steely_cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
mikelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Naughty Naughty...I put both my kids on their tummy. They both had bad colic and would NOT sleep AT ALL on their back or side. Once "mommy survival mode" kicked in, I gave in and put them both on their tummy and they slept great! I just made sure that sheets were tight and there were no other blankets, toys, etc in their crib(& they slept right next to our bed). My mom said that the doctors used to say, "Never put a baby on its back, it'll choke on it's spit up in the middle of the night". I don't think they know what causes SIDS and since they changed to "Back to Sleep" the percentage of SIDS has decreased, so they are rolling with that message. Makes sense, but I couldn't follow it
Mikelle, wife to future Optometrist "J" WAHM to "H" (5yrs.) & "C" (3 yrs.) Expecting baby #3 in March 2010!!

MOMMY EARTH WET BAGS!!! www.usmommyearth.com
mikelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #13
rescq33
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter sleeps in her swing. That is where she feels most comfortable and will sleep through the night.
rescq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
PJfunnybunny
Registered Users

We would put DS to sleep on his back, but since he was 2 months old he would immediately roll to his stomach.

Please stay informed about the swine flu vac! My mother is a professional translator and flu tracker. Please visit her blog.
PJfunnybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
ShamroxGirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put DS to sleep on his back, and he usually rolls right over onto his side but I've often seen him w/his feet straight up in the air on the bars, and in every weird position he could possibly find! LOL!

***4***8***12***16**20***24***28***32***36 ***40
ShamroxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #16
mamalink4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamroxGirl View Post
I put DS to sleep on his back, and he usually rolls right over onto his side but I've often seen him w/his feet straight up in the air on the bars, and in every weird position he could possibly find! LOL!
It's so weird how they sleep with their legs up in the air, my ds#2 also puts his legs through the crib rails and sleeps like that. But mostly on his tummy or side. So that is how he chooses to sleep almost nightly. But there are those nights when I go in to check on him and have to have a silent giggle at his position.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #17
MStarRising
Registered Users

My Mood:

It didn't matter how I put them down to sleep - they always ended up either on their side, or more common, on their tummy. If I put them on their back, they flipped over. When they were very young, I put them down on their back and they turned to the side (before they could fully flip to their backs).
MStarRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
luvkadcl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Someone said:" And oh yeah, we co slept the whole time, which apparently increases the risk of SIDS." I'm not sure if the mama really meant this or not. But I don't want others to think that co sleeping really increases the chances of SIDS. It does not increase the chances, in fact it lowers it. There is a great article in Mothering Magazine on this. We have 5 children and they pretty much slept how they wanted. My lo wanted to sleep on her belly, face down into the mattress. No matter how many times I turned her she would go right back. I didn't mind the belly down but I was worried about her face down. I asked here on DS and everyone said to leave her, that she could breath. I guess she could breath because she turns 4 next month She still will occassionally start out sleeping face down.
Cindy
luvkadcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #19
admamabear4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We voted OTHER because we bedshare and our youngest DS sleeps snuggled up to me usually on his side but does belly roll in btw me and Daddy! lol
Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted "other." Christian (now 3 1/2) was a side or tummy sleeper. He was pretty colicky and having pressure on his tummy was the only way he could get enough reliefe to sleep. So I swaddled him with his arms out, and wrapped a blanket snuggly around his tummy and chest and then he'd sleep either on his side pressed against me or on his tummy.

Noah (now 15 months) is also mostly a side/tummy sleeper also. He still nurses to sleep, so he usually falls asleep on his side. But there are a few nights a week that he actually lays on his tummy and turns his head to nurse and falls asleep that way. He normally sleeps longer stretches when he falls asleep on his tummy. There are occasions where after nursing on his side he pulls away and rolls onto his back. So he really sleeps differently each night, mostly side or tummy though.

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote