Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have circ'ing complications?

DS is circ'd, it's something I still hate that we did but didn't know any different at the time. Now, he's 4 and I took him to the urologist today because when he pees, he pees vertically straight up. Basically, what happened was, after he was circ'd the scar tissue healed and blocked a part of his hole, causing him to not be able to pee straight. Apparently, he only needs a small in office procedure, they will numb the area and just make a little slit to open the hole a bit. She said if we don't get it fixed, it will most likely get worse and can cause UTI's and bladder infections. I just feel horrible that I have to put him through this. Has anyone ever had to deal with this before? I almost started crying in the office when she said it's caused by circumcision.

Advertisement

ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have circ'ing complications?

Meatal stenosis is very common among circ'ed boys - 9-10% end up with it, so I'm sure there are others here who have dealt with it. It does require surgery to fix it a lot of the time. I'm so sorry you and your son have to deal with that

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
very common - 9-10%

PurpleDaffodil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My nephew has had circ complications. He has a severely burried penis and skin bridging. It looks like the surgeon went a bit too far. The urologist is still hopeful, but there is a good chance he will need reconstructive surgery. He will need surgery when he hits puberty if things don't self correct with the hormone boost.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
rik8144
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post

Let me guess you are a staunch circ supporter huh?

OP I am so sorry your son is going through this. I hope he can get it fixed quickly and as painless as possible. I also hope this gives you something to think about when/if you have any more boys in the future.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post

Now I'm confused by this... are you trying to say that 9-10 percent isn't common?

I certainly think it is!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Don't feel bad, Mama. My BIL had to be circ'd at age 12 because his foreskin grew together and caused the same types of problems. Yes, you read that correctly. He wasn't circ'd at birth and had complications because of the LACK of a circ. Things happen. Don't blame yourself. You love your son and did what you thought was best for him. Because of the problems that my BIL had and other issues that my non-circ'd dh has had, ds was circ'd at birth. Will there be complications down the road? Maybe. We do what we believe is best at the time and move on from there. I'm sorry that your LO has to have surgery. I hope everything goes OK and that he has a quick recovery.
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH had meatal stenosis and had surgery to enlarge his urethral opening when he was 14. It's definitely something that can get worse with time, and if they are able to treat it as a simple office procedure, then I would get it done now, as my DH had to be put under for it and said it was horrible.

I am so sorry that you and your son are dealing with this

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #9
rik8144
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missykay View Post
Don't feel bad, Mama. My BIL had to be circ'd at age 12 because his foreskin grew together and caused the same types of problems. Yes, you read that correctly. He wasn't circ'd at birth and had complications because of the LACK of a circ. Things happen. Don't blame yourself. You love your son and did what you thought was best for him. Because of the problems that my BIL had and other issues that my non-circ'd dh has had, ds was circ'd at birth. Will there be complications down the road? Maybe. We do what we believe is best at the time and move on from there. I'm sorry that your LO has to have surgery. I hope everything goes OK and that he has a quick recovery.
I am sorry your BIL had to have surgery at such a tender age. Atleast he had anesthesia though...he wasn't strapped to a board so he couldn't fight while his foreskin was removed. I bet he also had post surgery pain meds. He also didn't have to wear a diaper so that his urine ran down over his open wound. I wonder if your inlaws tried any other forms of non-surgical correction before they circ's him?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
guysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is intact, but I have a nephew who had meatal stenosis and a good friend's little boy is going to have to have surgery to fix his circ. It took a very long time to heal and it did damage inside somehow. I honestly don't know what happened with him, but it causes him pain *every* time he pees and the urologist they are now seeing says he may have problems later on in life with reproduction