View Poll Results: How often does your 10-11 month old nurse?
3-4 times a day 8 19.05%
4-5 times a day 7 16.67%
5-6 times a day 6 14.29%
6-7 times a day 4 9.52%
7-8 times a day 8 19.05%
9-10 times a day 7 16.67%
Other 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #11
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

Re: How often does your 10-11 month old nurse??

DD will be 10 months on Dec. 5th and I've just started really giving her any food other than BM. She is 19.5# and very alert and happy. She nurses about every two to three hours through the day and has been sleeping through the night since about 8-12 weeks. We DID NOT sleep train her, that was her schedule. Both boys also started sleeping ~6-7 hours at night around the same time but it was not a planned thing, we've just been blessed.

Sooooo, to the OP, I guess if your LO is nursing more than is recommended, just figure "oh well". All babies are different and the amount suggested is just an average which means there is a wide range of normal. It's not like you're strapping her down and forcing her to nurse right??

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Re: How often does your 10-11 month old nurse??

That stat does sound low to me too. Not at all at night?? I think that would be the exception rather than the norm! Lucy is 17 months old and still nurses 8-10 times a day, depends on the day, but she nurses alot usually. I get frustrated with statistics like that because then whatever mommy who reads that thinks that most babies dont nurse at night and that her baby is nursing too much. Not saying you feel like that, just saying...
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote