Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #111
MaMaMeA4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Ok, my 10 minute break from entering dh's mileage from last year so he can take it to the accountant tomorrow is over. I'll check in later!

Advertisement

MaMaMeA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #112
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaMeA4 View Post
They look great!

I want a serger! Do you suppose I could get the same effect doing a 3 step zigzag and a straight stitch? I have a ton of fabric to make into unpaper towels and hankies (which dh is all for these 2 items - thinks I'm for the family cloth). I just don't want to take the time to turn and topstitch all of them. Call me lazy!

Aww thanks. I don't have a serger though I want one! I just put right sides together, although the terry cloth is the same on both sides, and left a few inches unsewed. Then turned & topstitched.

I want to make a bunch of wipes, but don't want to turn and topstitch that many times!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #113
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Went to store. . got test. . .it was negative. . so i think my period is on vacation??? IDK!! LOL hubbie says test can be wrong. . idk. . does nursing exclusivly effect those things?

Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #114
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh i made burg rags too for my sil, they look more like Prefolds w/ 2 layers of flannel. I will post once i use my friends serger, thats all i need to do and they are done
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #115
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Multi-Quote city

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post

do it! ok so I am an enabler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
I agree. This thread is great for not encouraging me to buy a bunch of new diapering stuff, but man does it make me want another little tiny baby.
enablers!!!! DH and I go back and forth about it, and I mentioned before that we're considering adoption. It would be God's sense of humor to get me all going in the adoption route; probably have just adopted or something and then find out I'm pregnant. He's funny that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
jennifer, you have a big beautiful family. i would have had more.... but we had 10 years of infertility. but i am happy w my 4. actually now that we have hit teens, i dont know....... they sure can be complete PITA. maybe someday they will become human again. i hope.
oh teenagers... I have an 18yr old step-daughter - she's on her way to humanhood once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
that would be me too!! When my dh was working two jobs I just LOVED coming on here on chatting - it helped get me through those tough nights
YES!! DS mamas are great on lonely nights. I could sit here with a cup of coffee, something chocolatey and just chitchat the night away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post

Ok, here is my QOTD: this is about dying so....since prefolds are natural fibers can you use natural things to dye them? like onion peels, red cabbage, etc?
Check out this link; gives info on dyeing using onion peels and tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
coffee? got some for me??
COFFEE!! I'd like a caramel latte please Who's running to Starbucks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaloms View Post
goodnight Heidi!

mmm coffee...

and one more pic of #1. this is the other day, she asked me to put diapers on her monkeys

That is so darn cute! DS has me diaper his bunny from time to time I use a washcloth though cuz his "baby" is awfully tiny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaccalaska View Post
Hi ladies. Very busy... I have to individually test 140 students. Also very boring.
I remember that from my teaching days!!! oh the dread of testing.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #116
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Well, the Dr says I have excema

ETA: Oh well, I'm just glad it's nothing contagious - contagious hand issues and babies wouldn't be a great mix
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #117
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I missed a lot of chatting today! We went to a toddler play gym at a community center. It was a little out of my comfort zone since there are lots of toys shared by lots of kids, but it wasn't a TON of kids there, so that made me feel a bit better, and all the kids looked fairly healthy. Not that you can tell. But Levi kept putting things in his mouth, so I'm probably going to be on edge for a few days. I wish I wasn't like this.

He did have a great time though, it was so cute watching him run around and play, and he's not at all shy around the other kids, he'd just go up to any of them and want them to play with him.

Meliassa - false negatives are more likely to happen than false positives. I would just wait a few days and try again if AF hasn't come. But nursing can make AF irregular.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #118
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
Wow! I missed a lot of chatting today! We went to a toddler play gym at a community center. It was a little out of my comfort zone since there are lots of toys shared by lots of kids, but it wasn't a TON of kids there, so that made me feel a bit better, and all the kids looked fairly healthy. Not that you can tell. But Levi kept putting things in his mouth, so I'm probably going to be on edge for a few days. I wish I wasn't like this.

I'm like this too mama

Meliassa - false negatives are more likely to happen than false positives. I would just wait a few days and try again if AF hasn't come. But nursing can make AF irregular.
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #119
MaMaMeA4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Went to store. . got test. . .it was negative. . so i think my period is on vacation??? IDK!! LOL hubbie says test can be wrong. . idk. . does nursing exclusivly effect those things?

My periods started back funny after my previous pregnancies. Have they been regular for you before this one? I've also had neg tests but really been pregnant - just had to wait a few more days. That's why dh makes me wait until AF is 2 weeks late
MaMaMeA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #120
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well my period came back 6 wks after him and its been there strong every month since. . sucks! lol well i will just see what happens these next few days. I have one more test but wont use it until next week if my period doesnt show up!