Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #151
slaloms
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday

That makes total sense!!! Thanks! Now I just have to try it...

Advertisement

slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #152
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaloms View Post
That makes total sense!!! Thanks! Now I just have to try it...

You can do it, mama! It's tricky at first, and it'll probably be loose when you first try, but if you practice you can get the hang of it!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #153
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
In the wash already for it's long & grueling 5 wash & dries.

Slaloms...I'm getting ready to sell 12 gmd dk browns. Not sure which size you'll be looking for next though.
for fluffy mail! I just got the shipping notice on my LL order...it's sort of silly how excited I get about the idea of a stack of nice new UB pfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
Did you get your fluff mail yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Here are the burp rags I made my friend.

Those are so cute! I made DS's IV (single-layer flannel) wipes into double-layer wipes by T&T them like that, and wanted to make some cleaning rags/hankies as well, but I got tired of all the T&T so I sort of gave up. I have an old towel and an old flannel shirt that I was going to use to make them out of...maybe this weekend while DH is gone I'll try to motivate and make some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaMeA4 View Post
They look great!

I want a serger! Do you suppose I could get the same effect doing a 3 step zigzag and a straight stitch? I have a ton of fabric to make into unpaper towels and hankies (which dh is all for these 2 items - thinks I'm for the family cloth). I just don't want to take the time to turn and topstitch all of them. Call me lazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Well, the Dr says I have excema

ETA: Oh well, I'm just glad it's nothing contagious - contagious hand issues and babies wouldn't be a great mix
ss mama, my SIL's husband has really bad excema, and I know it can be rough. I think he used some cream that had paraffin in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
Good afternoon, ladies!

Serger talk, dyeing talk, baby talk, dinner... I missed a lot during my 1hr nap w/ the kids! hehehehehe.

I am currently eating a big container of fresh pineapple. DH isn't home right now so, "THAT" is out of the question. I took a long walk this morning, nothing happened.

WFD: I think I'll make chicken enchiladas.
pineapple

Faith, I love that sling! I should try to find a pic of the one my SIL made for me...it's reversible, red/orange/yellow African-style print on one side and yellow African-style print on the other.

Becky, I love that second print! Where do you buy your fabric? I want to get some to embellish a few of DS's pfs, and maybe even make him some cute shorts for this summer (and embellished T's), but I'm totally overwhelmed by the online fabric choices and you can't get nice cotton fabric here, only polyester stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Well yes i was hoping we were but i dont want to "steal" ali's thunder. . and she would be pissed. i kno i shouldnt care, but i dont need to deal w/ that. With that being said, i started my period
ss mama, I know you were excited about maybe being pregnant and I was excited for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
Oh yea, my sister bought me a sewing machine today! It's coming in the mail and should be here in the next week or so! (No I can't sew to save my life and I don't know how to work a sewing machine but I've been dying for one! )
That was me -- no idea how to sew but we bought a new machine here...then found out that there were no instructions in the box even though it's a Bernette and we bought it from a reputable (by local standards) store. That's what I get for buying a sewing machine in a basically third world country I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Carolina, the pix of your LO are fantastic. She is so photogenic!

Faith, I love that sling! And I swear I see a strong resemblance of you in both your girls. I know you say they don't look like you, but to me they really do...

And wasn't it you, Faith, that washes her woolies in the machine? I tried it today. I took a deep breath and washed 10 longies and one pair of shorties on delicate and all cold, with a squirt of baby shampoo. (I use a lanolizing spray after they are washed and are damp). They all turned out fine, and the food stains came out and everything. We tried taking #3 off the reflux meds and it failed miserably, as evidenced by his woolies and clothes, and also he's a very enthusiastic solids eater, LOL. So I think I'm going to start really trying to rotate his woolies evenly and washing them ALL at once in the washer, to save time and my sanity. Because I don't want to use PUL or fleece as my primary when it gets uber hot this summer.

Rebecca, I'd try to do a pin tut but apparently I pin differently than a lot of people. My pins go \ /, not / \ . I dunno. It works for us. I just pin it a lot tighter than it seems it should be, and it fits snugly even as he tromps around a while.
I agree, Faith, I think both of your girls resemble you. And that's awesome about washing the woolies in the washer...I think now that DS has a bunch of them I should give that a shot. I'll probably lanolize in the bathtub since he's a heavy enough wetter than just the spray doesn't quite cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
DH just bought an engine off of craigslist and he will be gone all day on Sat picking it up...MH and I are on our own for Valentines Day...oh well. He is happy and that is good. He deserves it after the great work he has done this last year home with MH.
DS and I are on our own for Valentines Day as well...we can keep each other company!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #154
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
You can do it, mama! It's tricky at first, and it'll probably be loose when you first try, but if you practice you can get the hang of it!

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote