Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #121
MelG
Registered Users

Re: BSRB Why Me Wednesday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykeikis View Post
Welcome! Where in AZ are you from? I grew up in Chloride (tiny mining town) and Kingman. I went to college in Tucson, where I met DH. I miss AZ. It is where I call home.
We're about 30 minutes east of Phoenix. I went to U of A my freshman year (although I was probably there much before you were--I'm 34.) How fun that you met your dh there!

Advertisement

MelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #122
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love dry heat, love it.

Sara - Yes, if it is the soaker I am thinking of, the OP got me thinking that I would need a larger size for it to completely cover the diaper. I did more research and I think I would def go for a large if I were to get one. However, a soaker would be something I would do a trade for. KWIM
Old 02-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #123
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelG View Post
Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could join you. My name is Melanie, and I recently bought 4 BSRBs to add to our stash. We also use GMs and sometimes BG pockets. I am wishing I had found BSRB sooner. They are so trim! I think my ideal stash would be a 12-15 each of BSRB, GMs, and BGs. I have 2 kids, Brynn (dd) just turned 4, and my ds Collin just turned 2. I know our CDing days are numbered with him, and I am strangely a little sad about that.

QOTD: I live in AZ, and you can probably guess what my #1 dislike would be about living here--SUMMERS! They are pretty brutal, but we have a pool and we travel alot in the summer, so its bearable. I do wish basements were standard here. The things I love about where I live--it doesn't snow, and everything I need is nearby (most of our family, malls, grocery stores, doctors' offices).
HI Melanie, I am new to this group too but wanted to say from another AZ mama I was just telling my sister yesterday how nice a basement would be. I think that was from being stuck in the house with the rain
heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #124
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelG View Post
We're about 30 minutes east of Phoenix. I went to U of A my freshman year (although I was probably there much before you were--I'm 34.) How fun that you met your dh there!
DH was stationed at Davis Montham then. He didn't go to UofA. You're not that much older. I graduated in 2003.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #125
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

was he breast feeding and then you switched to formula could that be the cause of the weird poo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
I just pm'ed the mama that had the sbish squash soaker in M on FSOT. I saw that Megs had replied to the post... did you buy it? I think i am going to buy that one if it's available and then once i get a feel for the thickness, i may buy the double layer soaker for ON under jammies You all are enabling the heck out of me!!

Where is Jenn? I want to thank her for her advice about the lactose intolerance. It's definitely possible, as DH is lac intolerant himself. Also, X is on 100% formula right now, tried a little milk in a sippy but he's not that into it. He loves cheese and yogurt, though. Would eat it at every meal if given the chance. As i mentioned earlier, i am going to have a dairy-free day tomorrow (starting tonight) and see if that helps at all.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #126
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know, come to think of it, I forgot there are no basements in AZ.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #127
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Megan - Thanks, I got them
Old 02-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #128
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

welcome melanie!

nettie..nice fluffy mail

di awesome trade. how on earth did you forget about that fluffy goodness coming. then again i'm notorious for that. yesterday the obv lap tee i ordered came in and i was like hmm i'm not expecting anything except some dvds and a book and this was def not a dvd or a book.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #129
MelG
Registered Users

Thanks for the welcome! You guys are the most nice, warm group I've interracted with on these boards!

Heidi--I'm excited to "meet" another AZ CDing mom. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around here who uses cloth.

Question for all of you: how do you dry your BSRBs? Line dry or in the dryer? I have been trying to line dry mine (on a rack inside my house by a window) and they are getting so crunchy. But I also don't want them to get faded and pilly.
MelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #130
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jordan my eni came today too whoohoo
and my electric bill
1 month $425 another reason i hate this house its only 1800sf. but the windows are old so are comes in and gets out theri even tho we put plastic up
last month it was over 3 my daughter was using a lil heater in her room at night we thought that was it we havent used it all month and it still went up
i turned it off at least its warm today
i shouldnt have to walk around in a jacket in my own house and when i did it still doesnt go under2
another reason i hate it here
next home when im rich and win the lotto is goingf to be all solar
obama make them start making homes more efficiant and solar