Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Wool Keeps on Turning...Wednesday

I had my knits and purls backwards . . .I didn't even realize it until someone said my purls were looking good as a cuff . . . .

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #22
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Superwash would work great! And for the amount you should look at your pattern it will usually tell you exactly how many yards you need.
Yea I got some superwash . . .I don't have the pattern with me at work (I'm on break for another minute) I'm hoping 400 yards is enough . . .if not, then I guess I'll be turning that yarn into something else
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #23
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

I'm right there with you, Kristi! Waiting for my coffee to kick in. What yarn are you knitting with?

And speaking of yarn, I need ideas please. I promised myself this yarn: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7772421 when I learned to knit. It's about time I purchase it. But it's only 70 yds of bulky. So do I want a scarflette (I actually don't have a scarf right now) or should I use it as trim for a different project for me? And if so, what project -- any suggestions?

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:09 AM   #24
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxygoober View Post
Yea I got some superwash . . .I don't have the pattern with me at work (I'm on break for another minute) I'm hoping 400 yards is enough . . .if not, then I guess I'll be turning that yarn into something else
are you on Rav? (if so, what's your username there?) I think 400 yds is the top end amount for the SMSS Kimono...going to check

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #25
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
I'm right there with you, Kristi! Waiting for my coffee to kick in. What yarn are you knitting with?

And speaking of yarn, I need ideas please. I promised myself this yarn: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7772421 when I learned to knit. It's about time I purchase it. But it's only 70 yds of bulky. So do I want a scarflette (I actually don't have a scarf right now) or should I use it as trim for a different project for me? And if so, what project -- any suggestions?
ooh yummy yarn!!!! I'd do a small scarf or a hat. Definitely something next to the skin for you.

ETA: coffee would be soooo nice! But avoiding during the pregnancy as it can potentially cause lower birthweights and well, I have issue with growth restriction as it is.

Last edited by amyruth; 02-11-2009 at 07:12 AM.
amyruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #26
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I think that yarn would look great on you mama! A scarflette
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #27
PKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
400 should be enough, I know I made a 2T size one (different pattern obviously) and 400 yds was more then enough -- so you would think that in most patterns it would be close to the same.

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #28
plath
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all. Just saying hi before I have to head out to my La leche league meeting, then we're meeting dh for lunch at an awesome cafe (can't wait for my croissant chicken salad sandwich!) Talk to you all this afternoon where I'm sure there will be TONS of posts to catch up on
Currently closed

plath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 AM   #29
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwell View Post
Thank you so much y'all. OK, so in a bit maybe I will attempt to start my short rows
morning everyone!! Just getting up and going here. Kristi, you can do it!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #30
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok, so here is my question.
I'm planning on knitting a sweater for my lo. Size 2t, (I'm thinking if I start now it'll be done by next winter . . .) How much yarn will I need, and can I use superwash merino? From what I understand that isn't a good yarn for longies, but since this is a sweater will it work?
I think it will be great for a sweater!!

If you look at the pattern you are using, it should tell you how much yarn you need for each size.

Quote:
OK- I will try again LOL...

Morning mamas.

OK- I am stuck and I need some help pretty please. So I completed my waist band, did my increases, started into the colorway and am ready to start short rows (which have me totally baffled). I have a couple of questions.... Thus far I have not used stitch markers and I guess I need some huh? I do know my exact starting point, so, where and how do I place the stitch marker and what common household item can I use if I own no stitch markers? I am confused where to "begin" with short rows. HELP!

Quote:
Thank you. Gosh- why is such a simple thing confusing me LOL? Everything else has come pretty easy thus far (*knock* on wood)
Good luck Kristi!! Don't feel badly... knitting is literally like another language completely foreign until you learn it. You're doing great!!!

Quote:

I have no ideas but I just wanted to say that it's beautiful. I love it.