View Poll Results: Would you bf for another's baby?
Yes! No Questions Asked! 124 48.25%
No! Gross! 10 3.89%
Yes, but only if absolutely needed. 101 39.30%
Other, because there's always an other. 22 8.56%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #91
Registered Users
Formerly: Abbie
My Mood:
Re: Would you BF someone else's baby?

My sister had to live with us for 4 months...and we had babies the same age. She ended up nannying for me so she fed my baby along with hers while I was working...and I would feed hers when she went out and needed a break. I think we both have a special bond with both babies.

50% OFF Wahmies Pail Liners - Today ONLY!| Free ship over $25!
FREE Expedited Shipping on Baby Carriers! 30 Day "Use Your Carrier" Return Program
Girasol | Calin Bleu | Natibaby | BabyHawk | Sakura Bloom | Beco Baby | ERGObaby | Boba
Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #92
Registered Users

I said other because I would like to go ahead and do it but don't know if I would actually feel comfortable in the end.
Husky359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #93
Registered Users
My Mood:

Once at the library a baby was crying super hungry cries and my milk dropped in...I wanted to go help because the grandma kept telling everyone that she couldn't do anything for this breastfed baby and mommy would be here soon. It was painful to watch...literally! I would have done it, but I just knew she would have thought I was crazy!
"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching"
jewelzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #94
Registered Users

I would do it if my own LO had been fed and wouldn't be going hungry because of it and if the baby's momma was okay with it. I also wouldn't have a problem with a CLOSE friend or relative feeding my DS if for some reason I was unable to feed him and nothing else would calm him, but I'd want to be asked first.
Melissa ~Independent Baptist daughter of the LORD, wife to J (7/05), SAHM to 24 weeker A (12/05)- full term W (3/08) and J.T. (12/30/09)

fighting breast cancer since 8/2010- recently found out it has metastasized to lungs, spine, ribs, femurs, hips, liver and brain
viersmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #95
My Mood:

I sure would! And, if my babe needed to be nursed and I had a sister/friend that could do it, I would want them to.
Amanda4101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #96
Registered Users
My Mood:
Smile Re: Would you BF someone else's baby?

I would have no problem breast feeding someone else's baby, but I doubt I could find someone who I would allow to feed my baby, and here's why. First of all, she gets colic if I eat anything with cow's milk in it, so I wouldn't want her to feed from someone unless they ate a milk-free diet. Second, I wouldn't want her getting toxins in her system from another mama's breastmilk. Any toxins that are in a mother's body may end up in her breastmilk, and I am super careful about avoiding all the toxins I can. I have never have drank alcohol or smoked, avoid artificial sweeteners, use paraben free and phthalate free natural beauty products, avoid caffeine, very rarely take medications, only use natural birth control, use natural cleaning products, and so on and so forth. Unless a mama is super careful to avoid toxins like I am, I would not want her to feed my baby.
Audrey-wife & mama We have one little girl and a little boy on the way due July 6th!
audreyh is offline   Reply With Quote