View Poll Results: Is it okay to bathe non-related young children together?
It's okay. 151 45.76%
It's okay up to a certain age (please elaborate.) 146 44.24%
It's never okay. 11 3.33%
It's okay for MY situation-- but you'd never do it. 0 0%
OTHER (please elaborate.) 22 6.67%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bathing young girls together??? Okay or not?

I say go for it. I bathed with my best friend when I was a kid. We loved bath time when we had sleep overs. Honestly even through highschool my friends and I woudl jump in and out of the shower and dress together. We were all girls, and I'm not particularly shy. I wouldnt' care about my boys bathing with friends, as long as they didn't mind. Last year at Christmas Kearnan and Tharen took a shower with three out of four of my nieces. They had all spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's and then it was warm so they all played outside all day. So before we did presents everyone hopped in the shower. My oldest niece bathed them all before showering herself. She wore a swimsuit (she's at a self concious age) but the little ones thought it was fun. I believe the kids were 6 (Kearnan), 5 (dn), 4 (dn), 2 (Tharen).

Advertisement

iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

def. call the mom first--that's my only advice

each family is different & i would want to respect that or be respected in that sense as well
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Well I tried to call... and they apparently gave me a bogus number.

The girls are in the bath right now. There doesn't seem to be any weirdness (I keep peeking in on them) and they are having fun.

I *really* couldn't stand the thought of letting the little girl go without a bath (it didn't look like she'd been bathed for a WHILE) and I don't think she'd feel comfortable sitting in our master bathroom all by herself.

I will discuss it with her mommy when they come to get her, but I hope she'll understand that with no way to contact them, I did what I thought was best.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
brigadoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to bathe with my friends when we were kids; my take on it is as long as the kids are ok with it, what's the harm? It's their bodies, and their choice, I think. If they're uncomfortable, don't force it, but don't get all paranoid about it if they're 10 and still playing in the tub together. I think that would give kids the impression that there's something wrong with seeing a naked body (obviously speaking in a non-sexual way). That's what I think
Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #25
mama516/419
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think you did the right thing . If the poor thing was filthy and needed a bath then she needed a bath . ( they didnt have a scrubbing kids one) lol but I remember taking baths with my friends until I was way older. My collage room mate/ best friend shared a bath room and it wasnt uncomman for 1 of us to jump out of the shower while the other one was getting in . Naked is something little kids dont care about as much as adults do any way My kids ( 2 and 9mo) love running free
mama516/419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #26
Ambivalent Dreams
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's okay for two girls to bathe together at any age as long as they are comfortable. I would have tried calling the parents first just to do a quick "hey, can I throw them in the tub together, they're pretty dirty" thing if I didn't already know the parents well, but obviously you tried that and it didn't work. Honnestly, I take a bigger issue with the fact that they didn't give you a working number than the tub situations. Kinda makes me wonder what's up with that...
Old 02-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #27
BoysMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

They are 5 no biggie. I'd even let the water out and give them a quick shower and a second bath. (that way the dirt rinses out) make it a game with lots of bubbles
BoysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #28
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

I voted the infamous other because I think it depends on the comfort level of the kids and possibly how close you are to the parents. If I was say babysitting a friends kid I wouldn't think twice before tossing them in the tub with mine(of the same gender, only because I don't want to have to answer questions to someone else's kid). But if I did not know the parents well, I would be more hesitant.
When we where kids we took baths with our cousins and if there where several of us at Grandma's we would double up in the shower even when we where older(she did have a well and it takes a long time for 5 kids to all take showers if they are by themselves).
ChelseaGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #29
mikelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I picked up to a certain age. My daughter is 5 & she bathes with her 6 year old cousin all the time. I think it also depends on maturity level & the kids.
If both girls are comfortable with it(I'd ask them first). Then I would say okay. The only other thing I'd ask myself is if her parents would mind if they found out...use your best judgement
Mikelle, wife to future Optometrist "J" WAHM to "H" (5yrs.) & "C" (3 yrs.) Expecting baby #3 in March 2010!!

MOMMY EARTH WET BAGS!!! www.usmommyearth.com
mikelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #30
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my kids bathe with friends kids (girls and boys) all the time! No big deal here
I understand some people might have a problem with it, but I have never personally met anyone who had a prob with kids bathing together.

My girlfriends and I bathed/showered together through highschool. Well in all actuality up until I was married (which was 2 days before I graduated highschool) because my bridesmaids and I all paired up and took quick showers together while getting dressed and ready for my wedding
So I never saw it as a big deal!
And I took plenty crowded showers with LOTS of people in USMC bootcamp and I am not damaged because of it
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote