Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekend BSRB chatter! (yes I am up!)

Both kiddos decided 7am was the time to be up...so here I am!

Thanks for the pics yesterday it makes it so much easier to remember everyone's name now that I have a picture to attach to the screen name etc....I am really quite terrible with names

Off to go gather my tea and I will be back with a cloth evaluation from last night once I peel the baby from the stairs...again.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekend BSRB chatter! (yes I am up!)

I'm up, too. We're early risers.

I listed some things the boys have outgrown, and I am determined to get pics of them in their BSRB to post today. Not sure what we're doing this evening for Valentine's Day. I think we might wait until tomorrow to go out to dinner.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning!
C got up at 7:45 today...her normal time. Thank goodness. 5:30 was just a little too early yesterday. She hasn't gotten up that early since she was 3 mos old. I always told her she was living in the wrong house to be an early bird.

Shannon--it was nice seeing pics of everyone last night. You should ask again for the weekend people so you can see everyone. We did preggo pics a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if you were posting here yet to see everyone.

Allison--I would love to see the twins in their BSRBs!!!!

Silke---I was reading yesterday's thread, so if you happen to pop in over the weekend--yes, my DD is wearing a Hudson Hat in the pic I posted last night. I am so glad I bought the pattern because I made a ton of them (only one for DD, though. ) The pattern is quite easy & very fun.

Sara--I'm about the organic hearts NRSS you linked. I usually have a NIP or never worn rule for buying dipes, but I'm seriously considering throwing that rule out the window for that diaper. I organic hearts.
Ugh....if it's still there in an hour I may have to buy it.
Oh, and I misunderstood your post about the plane last night....SS! I was so delirious. Thanks, mama, for spelling out what you meant.
with DH being home!!! I hope you had a nice night with him!

No big plans today...trying to find the cute V-day shirt I bought for C a month ago. I'm off to 10:30 yoga class, and then DH will probably bring C to ILs to have lunch there.

C's ready to play..gotta run. She learned how fun it is to 'let go' when she's playing with her push toys. She is doing great with standing on her own, but she expects me to be there to catch her most of the time! She's getting good, though...can stand for about 10-15 seconds on her own. Not bad for only a few days of trying. Ok, that's enough of my gloating.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been using old style BSRB, trim fit BSRB and the ultimate fit BSRB...I am *amazed* at how perfect the UF are. The others work great and are wonderful but the UF are *so* stretchy and I love that I dont have to fold the wings over to make it fit well...they look ideal for pinning which I am going to have to try soon I think because the bottom part of the snappi keeps coming undone for some reason, even with a cover on it...?

AND for cloth overnight...

Both kids were in BGs. DS had one stuffed with the NB insert that comes with the BG and a leobaby mightier nighty insert and a wool cover over that (he PEES). The BG didn't leak but it was SO wet inside that it wicked at the tag (the tag was SOAKED) but the wool kept his PJs from getting wet.

DD had the CB OS insert and 2 BBH bamboo boosters in it and there was absorbency left in it even though she nursed twice last night.

So it was good! I dunno if it smelled too badly or not though as I can't smell a THING right now as a residual side effect of my cold...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #5
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Help me decide...getting some paton's...good earth or harvest?

nak bbiab w links
Old 02-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #6
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon-- about the cloth at night!! about the tag being soaked on the BG. Was the PUL soaked, too? I'm wondering if perhaps you should run the BG through the dryer on high for a bit to seal the PUL. Have you used/washed your BGs a few times already?

As for the Paton's, I really like Harvest. Have you seen this link where the colorways are all knitted up?

Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Good morning!
C got up at 7:45 today...her normal time. Thank goodness. 5:30 was just a little too early yesterday. She hasn't gotten up that early since she was 3 mos old. I always told her she was living in the wrong house to be an early bird.

Shannon--it was nice seeing pics of everyone last night. You should ask again for the weekend people so you can see everyone. We did preggo pics a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if you were posting here yet to see everyone.

Allison--I would love to see the twins in their BSRBs!!!!

Silke---I was reading yesterday's thread, so if you happen to pop in over the weekend--yes, my DD is wearing a Hudson Hat in the pic I posted last night. I am so glad I bought the pattern because I made a ton of them (only one for DD, though. ) The pattern is quite easy & very fun.

Sara--I'm about the organic hearts NRSS you linked. I usually have a NIP or never worn rule for buying dipes, but I'm seriously considering throwing that rule out the window for that diaper. I organic hearts.
Ugh....if it's still there in an hour I may have to buy it.
Oh, and I misunderstood your post about the plane last night....SS! I was so delirious. Thanks, mama, for spelling out what you meant.
with DH being home!!! I hope you had a nice night with him!

No big plans today...trying to find the cute V-day shirt I bought for C a month ago. I'm off to 10:30 yoga class, and then DH will probably bring C to ILs to have lunch there.

C's ready to play..gotta run. She learned how fun it is to 'let go' when she's playing with her push toys. She is doing great with standing on her own, but she expects me to be there to catch her most of the time! She's getting good, though...can stand for about 10-15 seconds on her own. Not bad for only a few days of trying. Ok, that's enough of my gloating.
Di, I am sorry about the enabling. NO! i am not sorry Someone is going to love that dipe, and it might as well be you! I think my NRSS are going to be here today, they were scanned in a nearby town last night . I have been picky about my FSOT dipes lately too, but as long as there are no stains, i don't see a prob with those NRSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
I have been using old style BSRB, trim fit BSRB and the ultimate fit BSRB...I am *amazed* at how perfect the UF are. The others work great and are wonderful but the UF are *so* stretchy and I love that I dont have to fold the wings over to make it fit well...they look ideal for pinning which I am going to have to try soon I think because the bottom part of the snappi keeps coming undone for some reason, even with a cover on it...?

AND for cloth overnight...

Both kids were in BGs. DS had one stuffed with the NB insert that comes with the BG and a leobaby mightier nighty insert and a wool cover over that (he PEES). The BG didn't leak but it was SO wet inside that it wicked at the tag (the tag was SOAKED) but the wool kept his PJs from getting wet.

DD had the CB OS insert and 2 BBH bamboo boosters in it and there was absorbency left in it even though she nursed twice last night.

So it was good! I dunno if it smelled too badly or not though as I can't smell a THING right now as a residual side effect of my cold...
for cloth overnight! i had to change X in the middle of the night *gasp* because he woke up crying and i was sure he had pooped . I was out of TIANs and Bububebe, so i had to put him in a BG! It's been months since i put him in pockets overnight, but it worked I hope you find a solution you (not that i am anti-sposie or anything )

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity10410 View Post
Di, I am sorry about the enabling. NO! i am not sorry Someone is going to love that dipe, and it might as well be you! I think my NRSS are going to be here today, they were scanned in a nearby town last night . I have been picky about my FSOT dipes lately too, but as long as there are no stains, i don't see a prob with those NRSS

for cloth overnight! i had to change X in the middle of the night *gasp* because he woke up crying and i was sure he had pooped . I was out of TIANs and Bububebe, so i had to put him in a BG! It's been months since i put him in pockets overnight, but it worked I hope you find a solution you (not that i am anti-sposie or anything )
I'm actually going to PM her to find out why she wants UF BSRBs vs. NRSS. I am curious on finding out why she's switching, as I have been curious about the differences, too. The NRSS just look a tad bit bulkier.
I can't wait until you get yours!! I'll bet they arrive today!!
Aww...I was hoping for news that X's tummy was getting better.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry ladies I will be back later...my stomach is less than pleased this morning...I really dislike having IBS someone needs to explain to the stomach when I eat *better* it is supposed to behave, not get worse
Old 02-14-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Shannon-- about the cloth at night!! about the tag being soaked on the BG. Was the PUL soaked, too? I'm wondering if perhaps you should run the BG through the dryer on high for a bit to seal the PUL. Have you used/washed your BGs a few times already?

As for the Paton's, I really like Harvest. Have you seen this link where the colorways are all knitted up?
The PUL was fine, just the tag...when I say the inside was SOAKED I mean like super crazy freakishly soaked...it was impressive. Thanks for the link for the patons!