Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #21
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B2B weekend of Love Chatter

hi all! Dh is quite sick so I won't be on a lot He had to cancel his lessons for the day (at $40 an hour) and is sleeping on the coucn beside me so I am trying to type quiet

He took DS to MIL for the day, and on the way back stopped at TRU and got the rainforest High chair!

I assembled it (was in the buff except for my housecoat which kept flying open and DH said I should do a "high chair assembly pay per view") and dd was in it and LOVED it! I snapped a couple pics and will post later today or tomorrow.

We're supposed to go to ChuckECheese tomorrow morning; I hope that DH is feelng better!!!! Monday is "Family Day" holiday, and there is free ice skating and swimming (each at a different rec centre grr) so we are thinking about doing that (DH and DD1 are the skaters...I don't own skates and ds doesn't want to).

HAGD mamas! I will try to pop in and keep up a bit

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #22
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
oh and I the dog I would still offer her to take it for the weekend but just explain that you spoke to soon and hte kids were really upset about getting rid of her.
I agree with this!!! Tell her she can try out how it is to have a dog, but the kids would miss her too much
Old 02-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #23
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Ok, we may be crazy. DH is going out to buy a push mower (I mean manually push, no gas or electric power). We have always outsourced the mowing because DH has a grass and ant allergy, and it gets 100+ here in the summer. But it's draining us financially, and we don't have room to buy a big mower. Plus, we have a smaller yard with thin-bladed seed grass, instead of the normal thick st. augustine grass that is popular in Texas. So in theory this is a good idea.

We will see. I'm not holding my breath...
Oh how cool and eco friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Spring won't come here until April sometime but we still occasionally see the 30's & 40's in May here. I remember 7 years ago here on Memorial Day it was sleeting. Then again, 9 years ago (I remember because it was the first time dh (boyfriend at the time) brought me here to visit his family), it was in the 80's and we were at Lake Michigan beach. Never know what you're gonna get here.
OMG I would cry if it snowed in may. I'm sooooo over winter already and its only feb. It warmed up a little last week and melted a bunch of snow I was super happy. We even got to take a walk, my son was so happy to get to ride his bike. There has been to much snow to ride since like begining of DEc.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #24
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas, tending to a sick baby and a friend with an injured friend is keeping us busy today. I would have like to do something fun with the kids, but the baby is throwing up and my hubby has gone to the hospital with a friend. Doing laundry today (diapers in the dryer/a few out sunning) and we have piles of clean clothes everywhere. I need to work but I want to sew and crochet to finish up a trade with a mama here.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Ok, we may be crazy. DH is going out to buy a push mower (I mean manually push, no gas or electric power). We have always outsourced the mowing because DH has a grass and ant allergy, and it gets 100+ here in the summer. But it's draining us financially, and we don't have room to buy a big mower. Plus, we have a smaller yard with thin-bladed seed grass, instead of the normal thick st. augustine grass that is popular in Texas. So in theory this is a good idea.

We will see. I'm not holding my breath...
my sister got one at a garage sale, then my dad sharpened the blades... they have 3 acres. they have a pricey rider, one of those zero turn things, but they use it as consequence for the oldest. and the preteen adhd child loves doing it, and its kind of therapy. at least a positive outlet for all that energy.

off to get ready and go out....
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DFW = Dallas/Ft. Worth. It's an attempt to hint at my location without totally giving it away, since it's an airport code and a common anacronym here.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #27
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
DFW = Dallas/Ft. Worth. It's an attempt to hint at my location without totally giving it away, since it's an airport code and a common anacronym here.
its so funny to me when US mamas ask that, because I am a Canadian mama who has never been further south then Vermont and I knew right away when I saw it that it was Dallas Fort Worth I am not sure HOW or WHY I knew...I used to have some online friends who were from Texas that I chatted with a lot so maybe I learned it from them and it just stuck

Well DD2 is asleep on my lap and dh is snoring away on couch with the Jack Russell curled up on his feet
Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #28
my1hd
Registered Users

QOTD: Whats in your current stash(in rotation not thingsyou aren't using)? How happy are you with it? What would you like to add?

I have to say i'm pretty happy with my stash and its pretty small and basic so I'm kinda suprised LOL.
In rotation i have:
12 LL capris
6 regulars
1dz infant CPFs
1dz preemie IPF's
1 dz infant IPFs (we aren't exaclty using these though)
4 small thirsties covers
3 med swaddlebees ABC wraps
4 TTOSE
1 BG
1 HH (about ot be outgrown)
and like 5-6 fitteds either homemade or thirsties

I'm actually quite happy with my stash. I would like to add another dz capris but she is growing so fast I think I will skip it. I would also like to add some AIO's for the summer (we tend to be out and about alot) but again she is growing so fast.....I have just been using prefolds while out so I guess i could keep it up until she levels off some.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nak
OK we are back from groceries and the PO. DH should be home in an hour or so from picking up the engine. There is a chicken/broc/rice/cheese/something in the oven cooking.

sorry for sick kiddos, no fun.

enjoy the dates.

WOTB: ll pf, purple snappi, the BEST scrappy longies we gt in the mail yesterday.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #30
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, i got the kid apron done! Woot Woot! Not bad for having no hubbie home and a whiney baby!! LOL NOw i need to go to the PO and send it to the mama i am in a trade with! I hope she likes it.

I have so much housework to do! Good news MIL is going to watch the kids tonight while we go have dinner i am making dessert here and i will make a small pan for her and FIL as a thank you!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote