Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
cadensmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool you be my Valentine? Share the wooly love Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
The most wonderful thing happened yesterday. A DS mama contacted me and told me she had 7 ounces od run fox run on BFL and offered it to me. It totally made my day.
that stinks of Roberta

Because she is the only person who own RFR on BFL

Advertisement

Evrim and Ellowyn -- Just Released!

iKnit, iSpin, iDye all at ... Comfort Wool Blog and
cadensmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #22
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
good morning
Today should be an interesting Valentine's Day. I think we're going to run around looking for last minute stuff for my DH's ski trip tomorrow. (He goes to Montana every year w/ some guy friends.) Then my sister's flight arrives around 7, so I'm driving down to Greenville to pick her up. She offered to watch the baby while DH and I go out but Jessica's not great on her own that late, so maybe we'll just grab a drink?

And I definitely want to work on the Ravensong today! For a medium pair of shorties, how many short rows do y'all work in? I have 3 in and the pattern calls for 5 spread out. Does that sound about right?
Dev, I do the zig zag short rows and then an additional 2 sets. I like LOTS of short rows.

Can someone help?? My peppermint patty custom is for board shorts for summer. The LO is 3 weeks right now and measuring 16" waist and rise and 6.5" inseam. What would you size this up to for summer?

I want these, but they are too big for DD http://hyenacart.com/beauxbottoms/index.php?c=0&p=55428
Old 02-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #23
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

Heather, the 16/16 sounds like the newborn is quite big! I have little experience in predicting but I'd say that with summer 3-4 months away, that baby will probably be in 18/18. And if not quite 18 on the rise, I think that a 5-6 month old baby will have big time growth spurts, so a folded-down waist won't stay folded down for long.

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #24
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Heather, the 16/16 sounds like the newborn is quite big! I have little experience in predicting but I'd say that with summer 3-4 months away, that baby will probably be in 18/18. And if not quite 18 on the rise, I think that a 5-6 month old baby will have big time growth spurts, so a folded-down waist won't stay folded down for long.
yea, I am pretty sure the rise / waist should go to 18. I am not sure about the inseam though. I almost think it should stay at 7 since they are board shorts. Or even 6 just in case he doesn't grow length wise that much.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #25
devholan
knit wit
seller

My Mood:

anyone want to see Ravensong shorties WIP? I had to scrap the first version b/c I was knitting the waistband while we were out looking at homes and I made several errors.

Here's v2:

Come see our new store at BLUE GRASS BABY
devholan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #26
gracecody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning! I bought the Tree Huggers. I can't believe those beauties are coming to live here. Annie is so close to waking so it should work out great -- I wouldn't have her crawling in them.

I finished her longies last week and have been very slow about starting my next project, which is an a-line Juliette skirty with some Elliebelly. I am just on the waist yet.

Life has been waaaaay stressful. We are going through the roughest time so far in our marriage (been married six years). So many challenges. So I'm just drained. The challenges aren't about our marriage per se, just crap we have to deal with together.

Annie learned how to say "Mih" yesterday for milk (she had been doing the baby sign) and now she wants to nurse ALL the time because of the novelty of self-serve. LOL. It's very cute.

Last edited by gracecody; 02-14-2009 at 08:16 AM.
gracecody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #27
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Paula, you're up early!
And Shaine, that sounds like a popular breakfast here in the Southeast.
Yeah its popular here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
Good morning...
I slept in. sort of. THe boys woke up to nurse around 5 am but I wasn't ready to get up, so I put them back in their cribs and we all went back to sleep.

The most wonderful thing happened yesterday. A DS mama contacted me and told me she had 7 ounces od run fox run on BFL and offered it to me. It totally made my day.

I'm a little nervous about my stocking this morning, but excited too. I didn't end up listing the rainbow longies because I didn't get a chance to make the diaper to go with them. So, I'm trying to decide whether to do another stocking this month, or hold onto them until fall.

No big plans for today except to clean house (there is a huge pile of sewing scraps under the kitchen table) and work on the gwion shorties. We went out for sushi last night, the first time I had had sushi since before I was pregnant. We had a blast. Roe and Joe sat up like big boys in the high chairs and they ate sushi! I gave them unagi, and they loved it! They also tried the pickled ginger (loved it) and the wasabi (they weren't quite sure what to think of that) and because the restaurant is actually a thai/chinese/japanese place and not strictly sushi, they gave us a bowl of those fried noodles you get with chinese takeout, and the boys ate way too many of those. But it was fun.
That sounds like fun! Love the thunder set and the mermaid set on your cart. They turned out adorable!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 AM   #28
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:
anyone want to see Ravensong shorties WIP? I had to scrap the first version b/c I was knitting the waistband while we were out looking at homes and I made several errors.

Here's v2:
it is looking great!!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #29
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning ladies. Happy valentines day.
I made cinnamon sticky buns for breakfast and have "best baked beans in the west" in my crockpot cooking. I have plans to work on the shorties I started today.
Is anyone on Crunchy Cooperative board? I can't get on for the last 2 days it keeps giving me an error message. Anyone else having problems?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #30
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Here's v2:
I need me some Ravensong. When and where is the next MM coop?