Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:
When did you know you wanted more?

For those of you who have more than one LO, when did you know you were ready? DS is 13.5 months and I think I'm ready for number 2. I still sometimes lose my patience with ds and my house is kind of always a wreck. Does that mean that I need to keep waiting? We would like to start TTC around June so there is around a 2 year difference in age. How do you know if you're ready for it all again?

Advertisement

Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
earthbabydiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did you know you wanted more?

DD and DS are 3 years apart and it's perfect for us. I waited until my DD could do more things on her own like getting dressed, being potty trained, things like that so that I could handle 2 easier. I know myself and knew I would have a harder time if they were closer together. That's just me though.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I knew I wanted more children right away. I was a single mom and waited until I met someone and got married. Then we tried for DS right away because we didn't want a huge gap. I wanted to start TTC #3 when DS was 5 weeks old but we waited until he was 12 mo (we're still TTC #3). I wanted a smaller gap between #2 and #3, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am thinking about #2 now and ds is 13 months. It's hard to tell you when you are ready. Only you will know that. There is always going to be times when you get alittle moody with your kids and there is no way your house is going to be spotless. If you wait till both of those are reached... you are going to be waiting till child #1 leaves the house haha. It's all about what feels right to you and what you think you can handle. GL mama
Old 02-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
steffylikewoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i knew i was ready the month of DD's 2nd birthday. before that, i knew i wanted more just not yet. i had an iud at the time and thought i got pregnant. i didnt, but the way i reacted made me realize i wanted one really bad. after that its all i could think about. so DH and i talked and we started trying the next month
Old 02-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i feel like i'm ready now and DD is 8 months. However financially it wouldn't make sense. that being said if we got pregnant we'd be totally excited and we'd make it work!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

we knew we wanted our kids about two years apart and our first will be 20 months when the second was born. you still have several months to make changes though if you go ahead with the June plan. Maybe consider what in your house you would like to improve and what changes you could make. Perhaps you need to prioritize better, minimize extra clutter for less clean up or schedule your day better. OR perhaps you just need to let go of certain expectations and accept the reality of having two kids under three. Only you will know what is best for your family. Good luck!!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've always been ready for more right away and have to convince myself to wait. Although, DH is always there willing to knock some sense into me. I definitally don't think losing your patience or the house being a mess is any reason to keep waiting. I think we will always lose our patience with our kids sometimes, no matter the age. And, getting a handle on the mess that often happens after kids come into play can also be hard to do and will just get worse when you have more. I don't think it matters that much how long you wait for that. I think as soon as you feel it's time, it is.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
jujusmommy
Registered Users
Formerly: catherine**ne

My Mood:

I knew before we had DD that I would want more right away. DD is 13 months and we are TTC. And I know after #2 we will still want more...
Old 02-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by martimeCDnewbie View Post
i feel like i'm ready now and DD is 8 months. However financially it wouldn't make sense. that being said if we got pregnant we'd be totally excited and we'd make it work!
This, except that my DD is almost 16 mos. However, I have my wedding in the works, so I'll do my best to hold off till at least after the wedding. I already put it off once for a pregnancy! It's hard, I got baby fever bad - pics of littles make me tear up. I was updating DD's baby book earlier because she had a well baby visit and her top canines are coming in, and I was nearly in tears looking at those precious pictures of her so little.

Last edited by Computermama; 02-15-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote