Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A question for Non Vaxing Momma's...

So, I have been reading all these MMr shot and autism associations, But I realize alot of mommas, dont vax for other reasons...
My mother works with a lady who grandson just got measles and is in the hospital. This question has been on my mind for a very long time. Since I came to DS and found out alot of people dont vax.
With alot of people NOT vaxing children anymore, Is anyone afraid for their generation who wont be vaxed and possibly getting one of the diseases they are not protected against? I mean I dont want to get yelled at or anything like that, Im just curious, And im sure everyone has thought about it when the thought of not vaxing comes up.
I fully vaxed my son because I didnt know any better.
But with my daughter I decided to delay a little bit after her 6 month shots...And now at 17 months she had her MMR shot and Chicken Pox she handled it alot better then she did the shots before that. I just wanted her immune system to catch up to her.
I donno I just wanted to ask. Please dont yell at me for asking a question...

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

Re: A question for Non Vaxing Momma's...

I'm more worried about what I am injecting into my kids then any of the diseases themselves. The vax isn't going to protect you 100% anyway so I will take my chances with the disease.
BeckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

True.. I cried when I gave my daughter the MMR and pox, But I was also scared because my sister who was almost 1 didnt get vaxxed for the chicken pox and then got them and she went to bed one night we woke up and she was blue and the chicken pox decided to settle in her knee and she almost died, they had machines pumping her blood, she spent 45 days in ICU next to children in the burn unit. She lost all of her baby teeth and spent her first birthday in the icu.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
threelilpinkmonkeys
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is I don't vax because I believe that anything these shots are supposed to prevent, we can now treat much more thoroughly than we could years ago. You can't undo autism or other neurologic damage these shots have the potential to cause. Honestly, look at what stake these manufacturers have in telling us that these shots are "safe". I'd sooner treat a sick child than regret causing lifelong damage to a healthy one.
threelilpinkmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't believe there is a correlation between MMR and Autism. (I believe that autism is a genetic disease that makes these kids unable to process heavy metals, and those heavy metals are found in EVERYTHING these days; ie. mercury in HFCS).
We are delayed/selective because of aborted fetal tissue cell lines in vaccines. I will not put aborted babies into my child's body. Call me nuts, but it goes against my moral code.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are several mamas who can answer this super in depth, but I'll just give my quick answer.
No, I'm not afraid of my LO's getting the diseases. They more than likely will get one/some/all of the diseases that vaccines offer 'protection' from but I'm not afraid or worried.
Almost everyone in my family (in the older generations) have had these diseases. I had several as a child, now I'm immune to them. They are normal childhood illnesses, like chicken pox when you were little. Yes, some people can get really sick but the government has VAERS. They prove that damage can be done by vaccines. These possible side effects are more common than a bad case of measles.
Plus, vaccines don't guarantee full immunity and require boosters.
If you look at WHO statistics, they show that something like 95% of these cases happen in developing (aka 3rd world) countries. My children have access to clean drinking water, healthy food, basic medical care, proper sewage, etc.
All that to say... Yes, I'm aware that my child may and probably will get a 'vaccine preventable' disease. But, no, I'm not afraid because I truly feel it's a greater risk to get vaccinated than to get the disease.
*Stepping off the soap box now.*
Read about our homeschool journey here.

Last edited by ~Laura~; 02-14-2009 at 01:46 PM.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
12stars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stopped all vaxxing because of the preservatives, such as aluminum, human and animal dna, formaldehyde, mercury just to name a few.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...nt-table-2.pdf

My 9 yo dd would have really bad fevers and after a horrid reaction to her mmr, she broke out into measles with a high fever. She also has add. Back then I was not aware of the correlation so I stopped for the most part. Now I just don't vax any of my kids.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #8
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's true that in very rare cases, these illnesses can be truly dangerous (but hey, so can a cold in some people!) - but it is really rare, especially with our current standard of living and the availability of modern medical treatment. My child(ren) getting measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc doesn't scare me.

Even polio wasn't as bad as everyone seems to remember, if you look at the numbers. 95% of polio cases had no symptoms at all. Of the other 5%, most had something like the flu, and even those that had more serious symptoms almost always made a full recovery. Only a fraction of a percent had any long term effects. But polio isn't going to make a resurgence, I don't think, at any rate. It was more than just a viral infection, I think, but that's a whole 'nother discussion....

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo

Last edited by nini02; 02-14-2009 at 01:54 PM.
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
12stars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drearina View Post
I don't believe there is a correlation between MMR and Autism. (I believe that autism is a genetic disease that makes these kids unable to process heavy metals, and those heavy metals are found in EVERYTHING these days; ie. mercury in HFCS).
We are delayed/selective because of aborted fetal tissue cell lines in vaccines. I will not put aborted babies into my child's body. Call me nuts, but it goes against my moral code.
This website goes in depth as to how abortions service the pharma co. to use fetal tissue to culture the vaccines.
http://www.cogforlife.org/
Old 02-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dr is totally against me not vaxing that she wanted me to give my daughter 10 shots... Ready for this... MMR, Hep A, Pox, Flu Shot, DTaP,HIB, IVP,PCV. Ugh thats more then 10 isnt it... She made me sign a waiver saying that I know im risking my childs health.. I told her thats ridiculous... I m finding a new dr..