Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A question for Non Vaxing Momma's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyNLilysMommy View Post
My dr is totally against me not vaxing that she wanted me to give my daughter 10 shots... Ready for this... MMR, Hep A, Pox, Flu Shot, DTaP,HIB, IVP,PCV. Ugh thats more then 10 isnt it... She made me sign a waiver saying that I know im risking my childs health.. I told her thats ridiculous... I m finding a new dr..
All at once? I'd find a different Dr. too

Advertisement

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
TyNLilysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All at once....I told her No.. and shes like why, she needs them, I said no she doesnt NEED them.....Whats bad about it is that I probably wont find a good Dr. because its medicade...I might though see if I can add her to Dh's insurance...
Does anyone have Blue Cross Clue Shield?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My pedi did the same thing!!! Tried to push me to get his shots and I believe they were all the same ones you are talking about. Little did he know I was already planning on telling him no. My son had surgery 6 DAYS before his 1 year appointment. Then he went on to tell me that "he'd be ok to get them" like 3 times after I had told him I wanted to wait to give his body time to heal from the surgery. He has also told me they are trying to make it to where they do not see kids that are not getting vaxed till the parents agree to it!! We have been looking into all the stuff and it's scary so we have desided to delay anymore till 2 years old. Plus with how they are connecting DTaP with SIDS is even more scary being I had a brother go in and get his 6 months shots and he was healthy.... the next morning he was dead. So yeah I'm looking even MORE into what they are putting into my son now haha.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyNLilysMommy View Post
All at once....I told her No.. and shes like why, she needs them, I said no she doesnt NEED them.....Whats bad about it is that I probably wont find a good Dr. because its medicade...I might though see if I can add her to Dh's insurance...
Does anyone have Blue Cross Clue Shield?
I DO I DO!!!! And medicaid as a secondary!!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Kendalyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you can get your kids on BCBS, do it. You can keep medicaid as secondary if you have to.
Mom to 2 dogs and 3 cats. Foster mom to various dogs, cats, kittens and puppies. TTC #1 after m/c on 01/30/2009
Kendalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

My younger two girls have United Health and medicaid as secondary and my oldest has bcbs and medicaid as secondary. We've had our issues with doctors but we found one we like and he's got no problems with me not vaxing. He actually selectively vaccinated his own daughter and is a homeopath. We love him. My girls are quite healthy and strong and 2 are in school(with religious exemptions) and we have not yet contracted any vaccine-preventable disease(which begs the question, how are they so vaccine preventable if vaccinated children are getting them?????? ) I'm worried about my kids getting these vaccine-preventable diseases, but I'm even more worried about my kids getting injected with scary viruses and diseases and preservatives and chemicals and aborted fetal cells. So yeah, darned if you do and darned if you don't right? I just couldn't decide and that's what pushed me to NOT vaxing at all. I couldn't decide if it was truly worth it so I figured better to NOT do it than do it if I wasn't 100% certain of the efficacy of the vaccines and the safety of them.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #17
Lizp86
Registered Users formerly:grayelizabeth06
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stopped when I realized my son was reacting to the shots. He was fully vaccinated for the first year. Then I took a look back at his medical history notes, yes I kept notes on when he went to the doctor and what the issue was. I realized after getting his shots, he spent 4 to 5 days with a fever that nothing helped. He did not sleep on his back for 3 to 4 weeks afterwards and would not even sit down, because he would grab his hip in pain. His neurologist actually reccommended no MMRs, so I figured well this guy has to have what??? 4 years undergraduate, 4 medical school, 6 double speciality training, 4 internship, 20 yrs treating NF1. I figured he reccommend no MMR with NF1, I figured he knew what he was talking about. After looking back over that year though and talking to my mom, she delayed two of the 4 children she has. I decided to not give my daughter shots till she is atleast 2 and a half and then I would evaluate farther.
Liz
Lizp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #18
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drearina View Post
We are delayed/selective because of aborted fetal tissue cell lines in vaccines. I will not put aborted babies into my child's body. Call me nuts, but it goes against my moral code.
So do you find out which ones aren't from aborted fetal tissue and give those? What about chick embreyos or monkey parts?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #19
*Aimee*
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelilpinkmonkeys View Post
This is just my opinion so take it for what it is I don't vax because I believe that anything these shots are supposed to prevent, we can now treat much more thoroughly than we could years ago. You can't undo autism or other neurologic damage these shots have the potential to cause. Honestly, look at what stake these manufacturers have in telling us that these shots are "safe". I'd sooner treat a sick child than regret causing lifelong damage to a healthy one.
Also, because vaccines are not 100% effective I'm scared of causing damage to my baby, weakening his immune system and then him catching something. It just doesn't make sense to me.

There is a whooping cough outbreak right now. They're suggesting anyone over the age of 11 get another shot. So those vaccines didn't last very long. Do we just have to vaccinate forever?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #20
Moog
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
There is a whooping cough outbreak right now. They're suggesting anyone over the age of 11 get another shot. So those vaccines didn't last very long. Do we just have to vaccinate forever?
Go read up herd immunity. It's good for a laugh. The idea is iirc that 'they' need 90% of the population to have vaxed in order for the vax program for a given disease to have an effect. So that would mean that any given child vaccinated ISN'T themselves protected unless everyone else is. There are also ped's quoted as saying that unvaxed children might give diseases to the vaxed ones. Erm