View Poll Results: Hair cut?
Leave it! 33 32.35%
Trim it a little! 21 20.59%
Cut it short! 47 46.08%
Other.... 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #21
Roseplummer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How can I cut this? Would you?

My hubby says to leave it long
I do to but I like long hair on boys. I get so sad seeing little babies with buzz cuts.

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I vote leave it. My parents guilted me into cutting Kearnan's hair when he was little and I always regretted it. Even more when he started screaming like you were murdering him every time you took him to the salon. We finally just said enough is enough. So from 2.5 - 7 yrs he had no hair cuts at all (I would trim it a touch to keep the ends nice, while he was sleeping he was so traumatized by it). He finally decided to cut it this year. He had never wanted to before but we found out after he did that the 1st grade teacher at his new school had been pressuring him to cut his hair. She actually told him that he couldn't be a boy if he had long hair. But that is a whole diffrent issue. She and I are not on good terms, and probably never will be.

I left Tharen's hair alone. I did nothing with it (other than washing and brushing of course) for almost 3yrs. I decided that I would let him decide how he wanted his hair, when he was ready. I do love long hair on boys, but I also like the idea of letting them make the decision about their own hair. It's almost symbolic of growing up when they decide on their own to have that first hair cut. He decided shortly before his 3rd birthday that he wanted a mohawk. And that is what he has. I was sad to see his long hair go, but he is cute with his mohawk. And I love that he is so proud of it. He's had it cut three times now (his hair grows really fast) and he still loves that he got to decide.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 AM   #23
Shaunam
Registered Users

Leave it....I love long hair on boys/men and your DS has the perfect hair for the more fashionable styles right now.

A lot of people mistake DS for a girl and it gets a bit annoying (mainly because he's dressed head to toe in spiderman, firetrucks, blue, ect) but when he was about 3, he had no problem correcting people about his gender. Plus, his daddy has long hair, so it's no big deal.

Here's what he looks like with a "stylish" cut (I see a lot of teens with it like this).

And here is is with it growing out (I like it better in the first pic and he's long overdue for a haircut!).

Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #24
jebb4
Registered Users

I voted cut it short. I'm not a fan of long hair on boys, especially young boys.
He's your son, though so if you like it long then thats all that matters.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #25
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Leave it. If Avery doesn't care and you're going to be upset by it, leave it long!
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #26
Kristen82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebb4 View Post
I voted cut it short. I'm not a fan of long hair on boys, especially young boys.
He's your son, though so if you like it long then thats all that matters.

JMO I dont care for long hair on little guys either, but like Jebb said it's your son so your choice

Kristen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #27
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Our boys have short short cuts like their dad... he's a big stickler to short hair like his. But he's also one that doesn't want any other gender colored diaper on his kids.

I personally like longer hair on boys to a point. I said trim it a little thinking it would still be long but not so much that he's mistaken for a girl anymore. kwim?
But he's your boy and you should do what YOU want and HE wants to do.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i didnt vote because i can see doing either. DS hair was long and curly and dh really wanted it cut. I went ahead and let them cut it and it is very cute. I like both.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #29
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I voted trim it a little.
I plan on keeping Bennett's hair cut in a long style until he starts school. I'm sure DH won't be happy about it!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #30
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd need to see the front, the front is way more important than the back to me. As is, it's cute, but I was SO happy when I cut my kid's hair, it looked SO much better! Healthier and just plain cuter. ETA: I do love long hair on little boys though! I wasn't meaning to say you should cut his... I'd probably give it a trim and see how I felt about that.