Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
harleysheart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD wont take cow milk

Ok mama's I have made it past my goal (12 mo) its been 14 and we are still going strong. Im out of pumped milk and really dont want to go back to pumping as this will only make me produce more milk and that is not what Im going for.
DD will not take cow milk except with her ceral in the morning. How do I get her to take something besides my milk? she drinks water and juice but I would like to get her to take cow milk...can anyone offer any help?

Advertisement

My blog:The Frugal 5
harleysheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Re: DD wont take cow milk

i wouldn't worry about it right now.. personally.

according to my pedi if she is still nursing 4 times in 24 hours she doesn't need other milk and if she is eating cheese or yogurt or getting nutrients from her diet she doesn't need cow milk at all

my DD did not start drinking cow milk until my milk dried up due to pregnancy (18 mo) and my good friend's DD didn't drink cow milk until she was completely weaned (14 mo)..
Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try other milk drinks like hemp, it's healthier then cows milk and tastes a whole lot better!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds wouldn't take cow's milk either (at almost 2yrs he will now take small amounts). He will however take vanilla soymilk or rice milk or hemp milk. I started with that, mixing my milk with it at first and then phasing my milk out as I ran out of my freezer stash. He now does cow's milk (again, small amts) at daycare and either kefir or one of the other milks when he is home. Cow's milk is really not a necessity for them.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
jenniferjunniper
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My only one that takes cows milk is my second. And that was hard to do. My first is 6 yo, and to this day only drinks it with cereal, or if it is chocolate!!!
jenniferjunniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try mixing in a little cow milk with a cup or bottle of your expressed milk.....gradually decrease the breastmilk and increase the cow milk.

She'll get the hang of it.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS wouldnt take it either I had to start with warming it and adding a little ovaltine then I lessened the ovaltine then started warming it less and less...now he takes it straight from the fridge just fine. Just takes time and patience!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 2.5 yo and still won't drink it. He even refuses flavored milk. That is ok because we love cheese and yogurt here.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
audreyh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: DD wont take cow milk

Many health experts believe that cows milk is not good for humans. If she needs more calories, maybe she would like sweetened almond milk. I am lactose intolerant, and Almond Breeze Vanilla, sweetened, is the best tasting non-cow milk, in my opinion. And much better for you than soy milk, which has phyto-estrogens in it.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #10
gigi834
Registered Users

At 12 1/2 months I stopped pumping for my son while at work 3 days a week. I was also newly pregnant. He would not take cows milk so I started making him banana smoothies with it. I did 1 cup whole milk, frozen banana and an ice cube or 2. He LOVED it!!! I then cut back on the banana slowly until he finally took whole milk on its own. He's 2 and still nursing along with my new little one but also will drink a cup or 2 of milk a day.
gigi834 is offline   Reply With Quote