Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: DD wont take cow milk

DD self weaned at 12 months & NEVER took to milk. we couldn't pay the kid to drink any milk. She would eat cheese, yogurt & have all other forms of dairy. I discussed it with her Ped at the time and he said it's normal to not want cow's milk after breastfeeding because it's not sweet enough. We found she had a hard time processing anything higher than 2% actually, so that's not good for a under 2 y/o. They told us to just give her dairy other ways. She's a milk drinker now at 3 and didn't start drinking it until she was 2. I am lactose intolerant, so we're lucky she loves her milk now & has no issues.

My best advice is to just give other dairy & don't fight it. Pick your battles. To me food & milk aren't the one I choose. They will eat when hungry & drink when thirsty! IMO!

NAVY Wife to Justin[3.11.04]
Mommy to: Aaliyah[11.16.08] & Aliza[12.22.08]
hshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

thank you mama's. she loves yogurt and cheese so that makes me feel good that I dont have to worry about her drinking cows milk. Yeah!
Mommy to Mercedes & Jasmine twins 12/10/97
Angel Harley forever 9mo 27days 9/21/2005-07/18/2006 Shyla 12/7/07
Loving Wife to my Marine
My blog:The Frugal 5
harleysheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
when Grace dances, I should dance
My Mood:

I agree w/the momma who recommended the Almond Breeze or even Rice Dream (vanilla flavors) We have tried to stay away from drinking milk because of dairy intolerance - so if it's the vitamins and nutrients you're concerned about - there are lots of other foods that can give your LO those.

Bananas and avocados - other fruits and veggies, steamed and mashed or in chunks... even making smoothies and adding a tad of spinach or other vitamin-rich foods.
Soft wool for your Wee One Here at DS or at
GraceDancer is offline   Reply With Quote