Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
natalie143
Registered Users

my brest friend or boppy?

which did you prefer? and why? and for how long did you use it?

also, is there a big different with the my brest friend original and deluxe version? i can get the original for like 35 dollars and the delux for 72 dollars...(here in south africa)

Advertisement

natalie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
mmillerRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my brest friend or boppy?

I didn't use either one, so......neither!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have both (the deluxe version of the mbf) and honestly it depends on the child. I perfered the Boppy with my dd (she was in the NICU her whole life) and I have perfered the MBF with my son. Honestly though I used it for maybe the first month or 2 and that is it. The Boppy I am using now to help teach my son to sit up so maybe that can be considered a dual purpose.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #4
Mom24Babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The My Brest Friend was comfy but awkward because of it strapping around you, so I vote for Boppy!
I'm a consultant for The All Natural Face! Enter Consultant # 2107
Mom24Babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one of each and my vote is for the MBF! I like that it straps around me and LO can't roll inward. It is much more supportive. Having said that, my DD2 LIVED in the Boppy. I kept in the living room for nursing out there and when she was up, she would lay in it/sit in it/tummy time in it/ etc. I don;t know how my first DD survived infancy without it! So I guess it depends on what you want it for.
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only ever had the boppy. I didn't have it in the begining with Kearnan but I wish I had. It would have made it so much easier during his reflux days. He liked it when he was about 6months old for sitting up. With it wrapped around his bottom he was more stable than when he sat on his own and his hands could be free to do other things (he usually propped himself to keep from falling over). With Tharen I took the boppy to the hospital with me. I loved it. I used it for nursing and Tharen loved to just lay in it and watch the world. He wasn't much for being held in my lap in the first few months, but he loved being propped up on the couch in the boppy next to me. He would watch me, and his brother, and hte dogs ect. I used it till he was about 6months old. By then he was big enough to just lay in my lap to nurse.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Brestfriend hands down.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #8
vsolly
Registered Users
seller

I loved the boppy, had both but rarely used the breast friend. Also, the boppy can be used for propping up baby or for when they are learning to sit. And the covers are so easy to change and wash.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a boppy and did not use it for breast feeding. It was used to prop DS to sleep as a newborn, as a headrest for Daddy on the couch, to help DS sit before he was sitting on his own, and now DS uses it as a pillow.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
mcbruhn
Registered Users

MBF kept weight off my c-section incision (breech baby), so it was great early on. Never have used a Boppy, but I love my MBF.