Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Daddy morning and surprise... he is a mess!

So my Dh is a wonderful man and great father...but he almost never takes the baby for a night any more. Sure when he was newborn that was common place but at 19 months I never get any nights or mornings off. So last night he was on duty. What happens? No wake ups all night. Lucky Daddy! So baby gets up at 6:30...could have been 5 so again LUCKY Daddy! I sleep in until 8:30 (aaahhh what a treat!) and get up to find baby ripping the living room apart and daddy curled up in the fetal position on the couch dozing off. I ask if he is ok and he is so dramatic about how EARLY he got up and how he NEEDS to get some more sleep. Really? By now I would have had pancakes made and cleaned up, a load of laundry done, and had embraced the day like a rational tired parent with a cup of coffee. Don't fight it...embrace it! I am so grateful for the sleep, but I just have to laugh at my poor abused husband! He is in bed sleeping still. Ridiculous!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daddy morning and surprise... he is a mess!

Old 02-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
MamaTo2Boys1Girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

my dh is the same way.

(I also embrace the day with early wake ups, can't be sleeping so may as well get something done!)
Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just have to remember my dh although he's a WONDERFUL father and husband he's just not so good at multitasking as I am.... when I do get the rare occasion to sleep in a bit or go out with friends I do fully expect to come home to a messy house. He just doesn't see things how I do although I can't blame him since I like things a certain way and honestly enjoy cleaning and keeping things tidy... him not so much. I just try to remember how much fun the kids are having by playing with daddy since he does work so much and they'll only be little for such a short time.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Okmommy06
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh that's so my DH. I get to sleep in on Tues. and Wed.(his weekend). I used to get upset when i'd wake up and the downstairs would look like a tornado hit it, but now i'm just over it. I get to sleep in however late I want and can take my time getting ready for lunch, which btw I don't have to make we usually eat out for lunch on Tuesday. He's so wonderful with DS, they have a blast and DS eats a healthy breakfast so I don't mind the mess.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH is great and has been getting up with DS at his crack of dawn 5:30 wakeups. During the week we take turns but on the weekends DH gets up with him. I fully expect them to have eaten a bagel or cereal and be having a ball making a huge mess. I don't care though because right now I desperately need the sleep.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Your a nicer mama than I am Dh and I trade off every other night and since dh is currently unemployed and he likes to get up early he has been getting up most mornings with ds. I like to change ds as soon as he gets up. Well dh was letting him run around for hrs in his nasty night diaper and I got on his case and said "Change him as soon as he gets up!" (nicely of course). So now dh changes ds as soon as he gets up in the morning. He is still lowsy at getting ds breakfast so I tend to make that when I get up but he at least gives him crackers and water . Even when dh had a full time job we still switched off every other night
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote