Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

My morning outing with my twinadoes.

So, most of the time I stay home because it is just too much of a hassle to go anywhere with the twins. Not only do I have to first change 2 diapers, but then find 2 sets of clothes, 4 socks, 4 shoes, and now its cold so also jackets, hats, etc. And then of course change 2 more diapers. But every once in a while I attempt to leave the house and enter the regular world. Today when we were getting ready Ayla put her snow boots on and cried because they were too tight. So I had to go get her some new ones, I couldnt wait around to see if I could find any freebies or deals, I just had to bite the bullet and pay retail. (yuck) So first of all, I was running about 20 minutes late all morning since I was up all night (Ethan, Iris and Livie all took turns getting me up last night) and its about -20 with the wind chill. Of course everthing is disorganized and I'm about to scream and cry because I can't find any hats or gloves or anything and I'm supposed to be meeting the bus NOW. We missed the bus, I had to drive Iris to school. As I was driving away I realized I was in such a hurry I forgot to kiss her goodbye. I hate that. I miss her. I rush to the WIC office to get my checks. Finally I have time to go to Target and pick up some winter stuff. I got boots for Ayla and Ethan, long underwear, gloves, etc. I forgot hats, but oh well. They have earwarmers or something till I can knit some up (maybe in May or something). The whole time Livie is screaming and crying for me to hold her and Ethan is struggling to get out of the cart. I know one of them has a poopy diaper, but I have no idea which one. they are both bundled in snowsuits and I didn't carry extra diapers in and besides what kind of a nightmare would that be. Trying to change one wiggly toddler while trying to corral the second in a public restroom. These kids weigh at least 25+ lbs a piece. No way can I keep carrying them around. I think I'm staying home for a few more years.

Advertisement

kangamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
nellisfamily02
Registered Users
seller

Re: My morning outing with my twinadoes.

Oddly enough, that kinda sounded like fun to me. I imagine it was stressful, but maybe a little fun? LOL!

Sorry you had a rough day. I probably wouldn't leave the house either.

good thing you've got some yummy treats coming your way!

Sandy, Momma to Oakleigh (9) and Olivia (6) & Onnalee (2) Old DS Feedback
nellisfamily02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a twin, and my mom often says she doesn't know howshe made it through our baby/toddler years. My dad worked alot and shr didn't have help from family. I'm late for things often, and I only have 2 kids! Don't know what my excuse is!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh i hear ya! i want to take the boys out more, but OMG! its such a pain. and its not even cold here yet! i think we're going to hibernate!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #5
sunshinebabies3
Registered Users
seller

Hi. Im sorry you had a bad day. My babies are 22,22, & 20 pounds, but they are only one and not walking, so I cant really help you there. I will say that I take the triple stroller to target and pull a buggy behind me. babies are nicely strapped in (I attach toys with those ring things) and I dole out gerber cookies like they are spinach or something--desperate times-desperate measures. Anyway, animal crackers & raisins (if yours are big enough) are a lifesaver for multiple mommies. Try the small boxes of raisns b/c they take longer for little fingers to reach in and grab from and it buys you more time. Not sure if any of this helps.

Hoping for a better tomorrow for you!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for your support, Mammas! I always think about taking the stroller in, but it doesnt seem to matter, they scream and try to get out of that too. I think I'll just stick to my original plan of never going anywhere outside of the car without a helper. I keep thinking it will be better when they are 2, but I know that is just wishful thinking. These two are much less socially trained than my older two. They are so much harder to keep up with. One day last week my mom came over and watched as it took me an hour to pick up the living room and vacuum, and before I was finished vacuuming all the stuff I just picked up was already on the floor. She's always asking me why its so hard for me to keep stuff picked up, so it was nice of her to actually see why.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mine are 34 months and 15 months and I try to stay in. If I do manage to get out, by the time we get back I'm so frazzled that I'm on edge for a couple of days.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #8
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

(((HUGS)))

I remember those days! Hang in there is does get easier. My twins were 20 months when I had our 3rd.. they're 3 now.. Getting any shopping done is always a challenge.. Often involves 2 carts- one filled with the kids and one for what we need... and alot of looks from other shoppers. oh, and TONS of snacks it seems, especially at that age. And if the weather was that cold.. we didn't go anywhere unless it was an emergency..

And the finding matching socks and shoes thing here is a constant chore. I sometimes miss the days of when when I dressed the twins and put shoes and socks on them that they'd stay dressed and where I'd left them. Now they get their shoes off in .02 seconds and seems to always to loose at least 1 sock before we leave.. seriously it takes enormous effort sometimes.. shoes on, coats on... and as the last coat is on, one of the twins is in the bathroom with shoes, socks and pants off... It's easier in the summer - we live in sandals so we don't need to deal with socks. or coats.

But overall it is easier.. once you're past the toilet training twins part.. But - I've taken an empty cart into public restrooms (or strollers) if I need to contain a kid(s) and change a diaper (or if one needs to go potty).. it's not like someone's going to say anything to the crazy lady with all the little kids

But at that stage, I think we went out about once every 10 days anything more than that was more than I could handle. I still do alot of shopping online- even if I don't buy I have an idea for cost and what's available..sometimes I find it's easier and cheaper than taking the kids out.

BTW..Targets with the snack bar in the front usually give out free "kids' sized popcorns" if you let your kids eat popcorn. Sometimes buys alittle time with the distraction
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yikes. I tried to go out once by myself with DS and two of my friends babies and it did NOT go well (they were like 13m, 10m, and 6m at the time). I can't imagine doing it every day. But crazy or not, I still want twins.

Last edited by urchin_grey; 11-28-2006 at 05:13 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #10
kangamom
Registered Users
seller

Well, i was feeling better until you reminded me of the who shoes off the feet thing. I try so hard to keep everything in one place but it is still a scramble every morning. My 4 y/o is always taking shoes off, never can find anything and refuses to look. I tell her to get her shoes on, she says I cant find them, I say look, she just sits there until I'm sweating and hyperventilating from getting 4 kids plus myself out the door in less than 20 minutes. I want to go to bed earlier so that it is easier to get up, but 1) I can't ever get anythign done until the kids are in bed, and 2) It doesn't seem to matter when I go to bed, Ethan starts crying as soon as I start drifting off and Livie starts up exactly 2 hours later. It never fails. My dh and I argue over who is more tired, and who has to make dinner while the other one naps on the couch. We have literally both sat on the couch at 4:00 and woken up at 6:30 realizing that the kids have ripped the house apart, bedtime is in an hour and a half, and we have no dinner. We need a system, but we are both too wiped out to make it happen. This is so hard sometimes!