Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
Macyllehub's Avatar
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,357
My Mood:
Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Ah yes, the start of a new week.

Back to Basics mamas. Prefolds, flats, wool, home made stashes, and all alike. We're an awesome group of mamas that are enjoying simple things in life, including our diapers! Join in the chatter....

QOTD - Is Monday a time where you accomplish things or is it a bummer day?

I was talking to a friend over the weekend about her husband. Mondays are traditionally bad for her and her kids because they miss Joe when he goes back to work 10+ hours a day. It got me to thinking... I remember having those same feelings when my husband worked outside of the home. What about those mamas who also work outside of the home, do you dred mondays?

WOTB - LLubppf. LLubipf as a doubler. wool. She's still asleep

I'm off to mop the floors at 6 am, its the only time I can do it today!

Advertisement

__________________
I'm Macy, Wife to Damon.
Together we have Daunika(8), Aurora(6),
Declan(4) and Kalani (2) :
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
maman08's Avatar
maman08
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Hashemite Kingdom
Posts: 1,968
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Hi B2B mamas! DH gets home tonight, probably just after DS's bedtime...it will be nice to have him back. This weekend was a lot easier than I expected, especially in terms of DS's sleeping at night, but I miss getting to hang out with DH in the evenings.

Today for the first time in a long time I spent quite a while browsing FSOT and HC. I didn't buy anything, which is good, but for some bizarre reason I kept wanting to look at snappi-able fitteds. And I don't even like fitteds...I've sold all of them that would sell. No idea why I have the urge to look at them, but I'm glad I didn't find any that I liked enough to lay out the pp for them.

AOTD: I don't dread Mondays, but I don't necessarily get a ton done on them either. I used to hate going to work so much...in our last post we worked 7 days a week so Monday was just another day like any other and I hated all work days. This Monday I've been a BUM...I'm tired after not having anyone to spell me with DS since Friday morning, so I've just been taking it easy.

WOTB: LL ub toddler pf, premie doubler, recycled longies (afternoon nap)
__________________
Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
mamazluv's Avatar
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 6,006
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Heidi, thats great that he is relearning a sleep routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaloms View Post
Thanks for all the hugs and suggestions. I'm just soooo bummed.
unfortunatley, if you didnt have insurance i dont think the PO can do anything. you will have to check into paypal, and find out what they can do if anything. they may be able to if th e packing was substandard.
mom2piddle,i have dyed so has bethanpp. i used regular dharma for cotton and used vinegar as an acid for it... but you can use food color, easter egg color, coffee, tea... any i have used Wiltons... its the color paste used for cake decorating... pm me if you want me to find directions for you.
and yes the color lasts if it is set and applied correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Ah yes, the start of a new week.

Back to Basics mamas. Prefolds, flats, wool, home made stashes, and all alike. We're an awesome group of mamas that are enjoying simple things in life, including our diapers! Join in the chatter....

QOTD - Is Monday a time where you accomplish things or is it a bummer day?

I was talking to a friend over the weekend about her husband. Mondays are traditionally bad for her and her kids because they miss Joe when he goes back to work 10+ hours a day. It got me to thinking... I remember having those same feelings when my husband worked outside of the home. What about those mamas who also work outside of the home, do you dred mondays?

WOTB - LLubppf. LLubipf as a doubler. wool. She's still asleep

I'm off to mop the floors at 6 am, its the only time I can do it today!
AOTD. depends on the kids. i hope to accomplish a lot today... and about work. dh works long hours. the girls miss him some, but they are pretty settled in the schedule. he leaves before they get up and gets home at 5 or sometimes before, so he has evenings with them. they seriously attack him when he gets home. i tease him and call him a chick magnet...

we went out to eat saturday and to see TAKEN. that was an awesome movie... you must go see it. seriously... it was very good.

wotb. plain ubcpf with brown longies and a pooh nightgown.

agenda...
clean
sew
make some dryer balls
go to PO

??? maybe if i get enough done i will take dd to a movie tonight. i found out that our nicest theatre has $5 monday and free popcorn... so maybe the shopaholic one.

oh yeah
Faithis that all the dipes you have TOTAL? if so that is only like what 2dz?
__________________
shirley
mamazluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
melissamomof3girls's Avatar
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,891
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Morning. I still have two pretty sick kiddos here. dd2 was still vomiting this morning and is now sleeping on the couch. dd3 has very chunky cough & runny nose but is eating & playing. So that's good!

AOTD: Monday's are generally a catch-up day around here. Since daddy's home all weekend, the house gets neglected.

WOTA: Caring for my sick kiddos, picking up house, doing laundry.

WOTB: TFF w/ KL doubler & BSWW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Hi B2B mamas! DH gets home tonight, probably just after DS's bedtime...it will be nice to have him back. This weekend was a lot easier than I expected, especially in terms of DS's sleeping at night, but I miss getting to hang out with DH in the evenings.

Today for the first time in a long time I spent quite a while browsing FSOT and HC. I didn't buy anything, which is good, but for some bizarre reason I kept wanting to look at snappi-able fitteds. And I don't even like fitteds...I've sold all of them that would sell. No idea why I have the urge to look at them, but I'm glad I didn't find any that I liked enough to lay out the pp for them.

AOTD: I don't dread Mondays, but I don't necessarily get a ton done on them either. I used to hate going to work so much...in our last post we worked 7 days a week so Monday was just another day like any other and I hated all work days. This Monday I've been a BUM...I'm tired after not having anyone to spell me with DS since Friday morning, so I've just been taking it easy.

WOTB: LL ub toddler pf, premie doubler, recycled longies (afternoon nap)

I browse out of boredom and I'm training myself to only buy if I really have the cash for it. But, I think we tend to want what we don't have
__________________
Redeemed, stay-at-home, homeschooling mommy to 5
melissamomof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 30,668
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

We slept in a bit this morning...it was nice. I don't have to be at work until 1:00 today, parent teacher conferences from 1-8. I am about to take a shower and make a nice breakfast. Laundry is almost done.

WOTB: last nights fitted and wool. MH often wakes up dry, then we leave her in her night diaper until it is wet.

AOTD: I do dread Mondays sometimes. I love my weekends with my family. DH being such a great SAHD makes it easier. She is happy home with her dad and I know that. I also love my work and that helps too.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,633
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

QOTD: Monday is like any other day for me. Me ChaCha'ing my butt off to meet my daily quota in the mornings, tending to lo's, trying to make ends meet. Wow, that sounds depressing.....
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Bumstoppers's Avatar
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In the middle of nowhere in IL
Posts: 25,332
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcymichelle View Post
QOTD: Monday is like any other day for me. Me ChaCha'ing my butt off to meet my daily quota in the mornings, tending to lo's, trying to make ends meet. Wow, that sounds depressing.....
That sounds like me today....my goal is to do something that will help build up the emergency fund.....

But the kiddos are home so we will be lucky to get the housework done.
__________________
Becky Mom to Dawson 13 Hailey 10 Blake 6 Baby Brooke 2 Fabric gallery
Bumstoppers One size fitteds, ai2's and extended wear fitteds stocking Extras on etsy
Stocking today http://hyenacart.com/bittyfluff/st/2...imono-Skittle-
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
Lisathena's Avatar
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 11,939
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

So ty slept all night dd actually got up wanting a drink. . she never does that lol. But when ty did get up at 5 he had a fever and cough. I think its those darn teeth, cuz instead of nursing he would slowly bite down until i said NO frimly .. poor baby!

AOTD- i am indifferant about mondays. I am happy that i can get stuff done, but i dont like hubbie to not be here, but thats the only way i get things done is if he is not home otherwise i like to hang w/ him too much. . lol

WOTA-
Clean
Sew
Laundry
Cuddle baby

WOTB- well he just pooped on my couch!!! came out the side, my fault i still had the nite combo on. . . but now its a ubcpf pinned under our rainbow waters longies (freebie) love it!
__________________
Melissa, loving wife to Zac mama to Chloie (12/03) Ty (07/08) and
Myra April 2010 and her irish twin Cullen April 2011
doTERRA Distributor, ask me what Essential Oils can do for your family!
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
maman08's Avatar
maman08
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Hashemite Kingdom
Posts: 1,968
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

My internet died in the middle of responding, so I'm sure there have been more posts since I started this, but oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Morning. I still have two pretty sick kiddos here. dd2 was still vomiting this morning and is now sleeping on the couch. dd3 has very chunky cough & runny nose but is eating & playing. So that's good!

AOTD: Monday's are generally a catch-up day around here. Since daddy's home all weekend, the house gets neglected.

WOTA: Caring for my sick kiddos, picking up house, doing laundry.

WOTB: TFF w/ KL doubler & BSWW.

I browse out of boredom and I'm training myself to only buy if I really have the cash for it. But, I think we tend to want what we don't have
to you and your sick LOs...so many sick babies this past couple of weeks! And I totally forgot about how much picking up there usually is to do on Mondays...since DH wasn't here this weekend I didn't have anything better to do during most of DS's naps other than pick things up, so today there's a lot less of that to do than there normally is on a Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
Heidi, thats great that he is relearning a sleep routine.

unfortunatley, if you didnt have insurance i dont think the PO can do anything. you will have to check into paypal, and find out what they can do if anything. they may be able to if th e packing was substandard.
mom2piddle,i have dyed so has bethanpp. i used regular dharma for cotton and used vinegar as an acid for it... but you can use food color, easter egg color, coffee, tea... any i have used Wiltons... its the color paste used for cake decorating... pm me if you want me to find directions for you.
and yes the color lasts if it is set and applied correctly.

AOTD. depends on the kids. i hope to accomplish a lot today... and about work. dh works long hours. the girls miss him some, but they are pretty settled in the schedule. he leaves before they get up and gets home at 5 or sometimes before, so he has evenings with them. they seriously attack him when he gets home. i tease him and call him a chick magnet...

we went out to eat saturday and to see TAKEN. that was an awesome movie... you must go see it. seriously... it was very good.

wotb. plain ubcpf with brown longies and a pooh nightgown.

agenda...
clean
sew
make some dryer balls
go to PO

??? maybe if i get enough done i will take dd to a movie tonight. i found out that our nicest theatre has $5 monday and free popcorn... so maybe the shopaholic one.

oh yeah
Faithis that all the dipes you have TOTAL? if so that is only like what 2dz?
I'll have to add "Taken" to our Netflix queue...of course that means that in like six months we'll actually get to see it, but oh well. We do get movies here that are subtitled in Turkish instead of dubbed, but DH and I haven't actually gone out to see a movie since before DS was born.
__________________
Heidi - SAHM to S (03/2008) N (06/2010), and S (06/2012), married to my best friend. FS: FB trainers (small), Tucker sling, breastfeeding paraphernalia, Baby Bjorn Air

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
slaloms's Avatar
slaloms
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,188
My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Hi everyone. So I haven't had a chance to get to the PO, and it's closed today. But I'm thinking they can't do anything since it was packaged okay and insurance was never purchased. The mama who I bought from didn't use PP to mail it either, so I don't know if I can do anything there either. Oh well

We are doing okay today. #1 and I are coming down with a cold. Hopefully #2 doesn't get it...she tends to do okay if I get it first since she's still EBF. Oh and we tried to give her solids this weekend. She was totally not interested. So I guess we'll wait a little longer.

AOTD: Yea...I'm not a huge fan of Mondays. It's hard for me to get back into things. DH works longish hours, so I end up doing everything with the girls. They're usually asleep by the time he gets home. It's tiring. I am usually not very productive on Mondays...and with being sick today...I think we're just hanging out.
__________________
Carolina, wife to Thunder
and mama to Bailey Marie (5), Shea Harper (4),
and Ezra Thunder (2)
slaloms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.