Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #101
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Is it Monday already?

Allison, please don't update.

Robeez it is.

So.....this yarn was dyed for me. So pretty, but what do you think of the trim?

Advertisement

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #102
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjanuary View Post
megan..those ate cute shoes. i wanted to try a polliwog but they were always sold out. they were just stocked this past weekend and ovcourse i was nowhere near a comp at the time.

ok still didnt' tackle the bathroom b/c i ran out of baking soda! (or maybe thats just me looking for excuses not to start) i have a question..for you mamas with hardwood/laminate floors. what kind of mop do you use? We have a swiffer wetjet that i use some microfiber towels with but i was wondering if anyones used or have had experience with a steammop like the shark steammop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Yea I want one too! They sounds nice and easy and wonderful!
I have a Shark steam mop and it is the best money I ever spent on something to clean my home. I it a lot!!!! It is SOO easy to use and with washable, reuseable pads and only water going in there it is really green too. I used a swiffer wet jet when we lived in the other house but the idea of that cleaning solution on the floors when Howie was dragging himself around on them did not sit well with me. The Shark does a FANTASTIC job. I still like to get on my hands and knees on the floor about twice a year but mostly, the Shark does the whole job. I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Megan--My DH asked me the same question last week.
He also just emailed me to see if I was going to be OK since the laptop is out of order. I just deleted the email.
DH makes fun of me all the time because of having my friends all online. I point out that I do have plenty of friends IRL but he always reminds me that I only ever talk about you all, and never my IRL friends I look at it this way . . . if he was stranded in the house with two kids in the middle of a New England winter, he'd be glad his friends were all online too. He knows I would die without my laptop.

And as if on cue . . . Juliana is up. Later!

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #103
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Di - So pretty! I like the green but you know me, I would've done pink or purple.

Heather - That would be so cool. My BIL goes to school in Greenville. DH's uncle lives there and SIL works at the Best Buy there. We could definitely do a visit. Where are you stationed again?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #104
luv2luvzaya
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Di that colorway is beautiful!
imo the trim is a little to neon for me
but as long as you like
Old 02-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #105
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's very pretty! Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #106
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Allison, please don't update.

Robeez it is.

So.....this yarn was dyed for me. So pretty, but what do you think of the trim?

I think it is you who has said that you'd choose the least expressed color in the colorway and make that the trim and bearing that in mind, mission accomplished. I think it's just hard to see how well the green will go with the colorway because it's not very dominant in the colorway. I think it will look great knitted up

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #107
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Di - I like the trim and of course the yarn. Very summery (is that a word). I love bright colors.

Well, I haven't received any more calls, so they must be doing okay. I did get an email that said since he had to do dinner, we are having hot dogs and chips and dips. So much for healthy tonight. At least I don't have to cook

I have a question on soft soled shoes - why? I am not being mean..I know they are good when they are crawling and not moving, but when they walk, shouldn't they get "real" shoes. I always went w/ the stride-rite shoes. I just don't see the soft-soled being good for running around outside. Or are they just for beginning walkers? I am totally lost on them.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #108
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn - ITA! I am here because of all the naps. It is just easy to have friends online since you are at home anyways. I think it keeps SAHM (and WOHM) moms sane.

On other news....our house is rented!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #109
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jaclyn - We used soft soled shoes for the "prewalker" stage. Although LJ idd have a pair of pedipeds he used a bit longer. I think they are just better for the feet. I prefer them because I feel like they are able to get better stability.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM   #110
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegsMom View Post
Di - I like the trim and of course the yarn. Very summery (is that a word). I love bright colors.

Well, I haven't received any more calls, so they must be doing okay. I did get an email that said since he had to do dinner, we are having hot dogs and chips and dips. So much for healthy tonight. At least I don't have to cook

I have a question on soft soled shoes - why? I am not being mean..I know they are good when they are crawling and not moving, but when they walk, shouldn't they get "real" shoes. I always went w/ the stride-rite shoes. I just don't see the soft-soled being good for running around outside. Or are they just for beginning walkers? I am totally lost on them.
DH and I will be dining on hot dogs and Fritos tonight (see previous post). The boys will be eating homeade organic carrot puree, so that makes me feel a little better...

My sitter asked me to get soft soled shoes for the boys. She has a ranch and hardwood floors, so under very close supervision, they cruise in walkers. Also, I put them on when we go out in the cold. My mom is a huge fan of Stride-Rites, so that's probably what we'll get when they're older.