Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #61
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back 2 Basics - Monday Monday.... Do I have to work?!

Ugh. Macy, my baby is not sensitive to anything, but I and my oldest are. We can't use Tide or most commercial detergents. What we have been able to use is Country Save (but we have to use baking soda for odors with it with since there is no perfumes/deoderizers at all in it), All F&C HE, and Arm and Hammer dye and perfume free (probably called all free and clear now or something). We mostly use Country Save, but I do pull out the All every once in a while if odor becomes an issue. I hope you can find something that helps.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #62
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Ugh. Macy, my baby is not sensitive to anything, but I and my oldest are. We can't use Tide or most commercial detergents. What we have been able to use is Country Save (but we have to use baking soda for odors with it with since there is no perfumes/deoderizers at all in it), All F&C HE, and Arm and Hammer dye and perfume free (probably called all free and clear now or something). We mostly use Country Save, but I do pull out the All every once in a while if odor becomes an issue. I hope you can find something that helps.
are you sensitive to certain soaps as well? Could you make your own detergent?

on another note...I've been MIA most of the night...my mom came up and picked the kids up from daycare....brought them to my house, had them clean their rooms and the kitchen and then took them to the park we made dinner together and ate as a large family....I also had the chance to go to AC Moore and catch their 2-day sale on acrylic yarn...they had red heart super saver skeins for $1.92 each! We talked about some stuff and then my mom headed home...after she left I put in a load of diaper laundry...the daycare seems to be having a hard time with the diapers again...no matter how many times you say it and how many places you write it they can't find someone to figure out NOT to put the PUL covers in the wet bag or you won't have a clean one for the next diaper change! so we used the BG's today and I'm washing them tonight for tomorrow...hopefully they will be dry I was really happy with using them one day and trifolded prefolds/flats the next day to stretch the washing out...my water bill is slowly creeping up to expensive.. I need to get that and the electric bill under control a bit....

Cheryl~when I was at AC Moore they had Patton's yarn in the denim blue that you were looking for...I know that if you sign up for their newsletter/email list they email you coupons and some times they are 50% off...not sure how many skeins you would need but I figured I would mention it...they also had "forest" (camo) , "rosewood" and "wedgewood" just to mention a few....

WOTB: trifolded lavender dyed infant prefold, small bumkins cover
Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #63
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone . Dd spent most of the day in the sling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
That's so pretty! Really dressy, like you could wear it to some big event. Does the really long tail not bother you at all? I often see ring slings with tails like that, and I just know I'd get all tangled up and trip myself.
Nope. I am a super-klutz but nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
Cheryl~when I was at AC Moore they had Patton's yarn in the denim blue that you were looking for...I know that if you sign up for their newsletter/email list they email you coupons and some times they are 50% off...not sure how many skeins you would need but I figured I would mention it...they also had "forest" (camo) , "rosewood" and "wedgewood" just to mention a few....
Robert's had the New Denim in Paton's here
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #64
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Slow day around here. I'm off to dreamland.

Talk to you mamas tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #65
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wasn't really a slow day around here iwth all the kids home...but we managed to

A. not kill each other
B. got all the weekly housework done
C. got to play a little
D. I got my huge diaper order done tonight!!
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #66
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post

A. not kill each other
C. got to play a little
Yay! That's a successful day in my book!

I'm just hoping our luck holds out. #1 is too sick for school, too well to be sick at home, if you know what I mean. I keep waiting for one of us to get it, but so far no one has. So the fact that I can get anything done is a miracle, and that we don't kill each other is a bonus!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #67
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah i have been doing nothing all day besides cuddling a fever/teething boy he is so sad! lol i hope he sleeps good, but he is coughing alot. . what does croup, whoopping cough or any of that sound like >? he kinda has a weez too . . .

I got 2 lined totes cut out for fridays opening! I need to go to joannes and get more. . but i cant justify that if i cant even buy grocierys right now i am really excited and dont think i have enought stuff. So far just 2 lined totes and a kiddie apron . .thats not enought :shakehead:
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #68
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Thank you all for the suggestions!! Yes, it seems to only be the night diapers that are bothering her, but I havent kept track of them, because all my diapers match - ub infant LL or ub premium LL. They all look the same to me.

We have really hard water in Idaho, and I dont think I noticed this issue nearly as badly when I was line drying my diapers (which I do if theres ever sun, basically all summer). I'll try the vinegar soak, then play around with vinegar in general.

I could use flats for night time, but I'd have to figure out a double option because my little one is still really really soaked in the morning. She wakes up at night, does not nurse anymore at night, but I think she is peeing when she wakes. I have tried changing her diaper in the middle of the night, but that seems to just irritate her mentally and wakes her up fully then she cries and wants to nurse.

Ok... back to my crocheting.
If you do have hard water, have you tried using some water softener (like Calgon) in the wash cycle? It supposedly helps the detergent rinse cleaner and helps the minerals in the water not to build up on the fabric. I use 3/4 capful of Calgon with the detergent in my hot/cold wash cycle and it does seem to help. Makes the diapers softer too, which is always a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2boys1girl View Post

A. not kill each other
C. got to play a little
Hey, even just item #1 would make that a successful day!

DH has some sort of horrible stomach/intestinal thing going on, poor man...probably something he ate while on the golf trip but I'm a little concerned because it's pretty bad. I asked him to talk to the med unit about getting tested to find out if it's bacterial or viral, but I'm not sure if he'll actually do that or if he'll just try to ride out out like he usually does.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote