Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #11
mixed_chica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: just your BASIC Tuesday...come on in!

that's a great deal!!!

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #12
my1hd
Registered Users

Good morning Ladies

Can I just say my 3 yr old son is driving me insane! OMG the drama coming from him. half the day is spent in his meltdowns. . To top it off he sleeps horribly, so that helps the melt downs tons.

AOFT: I do need some stuff in the not so distant future. Her small thirsties covers are getting tight. the MED swaddlebees fit great but we only have 3 and are about 90% prefolds here. So I'm thinking some med thirsties covers. My son needs one more large coveer because I'm always running out of his night time diapers and it does not end well!!! He has been PLed since he was like 22 mths but still wets a lot at night. I'm also going to need some bigger prefolds but I don't know what to buy..... I'm not getting sucked into diapers though. I'm going with what works and thats prefolds. I do want some type of AIo's but I'm waiting until she levels off in a size before buying. I have afeeling she will hit larges soon and stay there for ever like my son did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
I need a handful of larger covers... not quite so large as a thirsties large, but bigger than a medium prorap.... any suggestions ladies?
How about large Bummis? My son still wears his at 3 and we bought htem when he was 6 mths LOL. So I would a say a good range there LOL.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #13
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

oh and for the answer of the day .....I always "need" something!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #14
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Hi mamas!

I need to get off the couch...been browsing yarn online instead of cleaning up and figuring out what the heck we're going to eat for dinner. I didn't buy anything, though, which is probably good because I already have a purewool order on its way to me. I have knit night tonight so I won't be on much.

Mommyscott, I have no clue on larger covers, sorry. I know Cheryl said the sizing on Bummis and Thirsties overlaps a bit (with Bummis running smaller), so maybe a large BSWW would be smaller than a large Thirsties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklesmom1 View Post
nothing needed to buy here, I do need to figure out how to get the stink out of my prefolds today, I just about passed out changing a dipe this morning.
Have you tried a vinegar soak? There's a running post about it in the Diaper Q&A forum I believe, and it worked wonders for my nighttime hemp flats. I did 4 cups vinegar and enough cold water to cover them (only did 7 large flats, though, not the whole stash), soaked for 2 hours letting it agitate periodically. Worked like a charm!

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #15
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a question about dolls....

so ladies, do you buy "dolls" for your little ones? what kind of dolls? my girls don't really have dolls (just stuffed animals) and we're getting them their first "official" dolls for their birthday's this year. Wanna see which one we got my Clara?? (she's turning 4)

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 AM   #16
my1hd
Registered Users

heeeheee

My chubby basic baby

WOTA:
Visit G-ma
drop dd1 at friends house
PO
Reorganized kids rooms
laundry
Old 02-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #17
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
I have a question about dolls....

so ladies, do you buy "dolls" for your little ones? what kind of dolls? my girls don't really have dolls (just stuffed animals) and we're getting them their first "official" dolls for their birthday's this year. Wanna see which one we got my Clara?? (she's turning 4)
My Dd has dolls. I thought about buying her a bitty baby this yr but she has a doll my mother got her ages ago (just some cheap thing) that is well loved so why mess with success. ANd i would love to see the one you are getting .
Old 02-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #18
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixed_chica View Post
Qotd is there anything you "need" to buy?
My son is at the limits of our current stash and time for new ones. I'm a little nervous, don't want to get sucked in again, if you kwim!
AOTD: Nope, but mostly because I just bought a bunch of stuff. I just got some flats through a coop to use this summer while we're travelling, and I think he'll still fit in his medium PUL covers for a while. I also just bought yarn to knit up some wool shorties and soakers for this summer, although I'm debating whether to use them this summer since we'll be travelling all over the States for like two months. But PUL doesn't do well with his legs, so unless they thin out a bit before this summer I guess wool would be worth the extra effort of hand-washing and lanolizing.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning!

I was going to suggest Bummis Large too. It's not quite so big as the Thirsties. I don't know how the Prowraps compare, but that's my experience.

The only thing we need stashwise is more daddy dipes for DH that fit DS. DS outgrew the last batch of stuffable fitteds I made. I have two made, and three more that just need the velcro tabs put on, and enough fabric to make a dozen total (actually more, but I will be lucky to make it to a dozen). I have 14x16, premium, and toddler PFs so I am otherwise covered. Well, I also need to make a few summer-weight woolies because most of what he has won't work in 95+ degree temps, but that won't take long and I can make it in real time.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #20
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=19859997 just purchased it! (btw, lest you think I'm rich... this is purchased via the help of two sets of grandparents & one set of great grandparents)

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote