Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

So we have Central Market here and we have Sprouts here. Both are specialty "health food" grocery stores, and both stores have a meat market where they make their own sausage, big fat links of sausage. A while back, I bought a couple of links, and cut one open, thinking that it was of the type like I could dice it up and it would still hold its shape. Not so much, lol. I had a ground sausage mess in my pan.

But then when I tred to fry one up just by itself, it was way done on the outside, but was so thick that the middle had a string inside that was undone still.

I want to know how to cook these b/c they come in all sorts of yummy flavors, lol. Help me out.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
dachshundqueen
Registered Users

Re: Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

boil then grill or kind of braise (saucepan w/lid w/3/4 c water)

Liz
Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

They wont hold shape at all if you slice them?

Here's my favorite sausage recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

You could boil them longer if they're that fat, and skip the slicing part if they will crumble.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
So we have Central Market here and we have Sprouts here. Both are specialty "health food" grocery stores, and both stores have a meat market where they make their own sausage, big fat links of sausage. A while back, I bought a couple of links, and cut one open, thinking that it was of the type like I could dice it up and it would still hold its shape. Not so much, lol. I had a ground sausage mess in my pan.

But then when I tred to fry one up just by itself, it was way done on the outside, but was so thick that the middle had a string inside that was undone still.

I want to know how to cook these b/c they come in all sorts of yummy flavors, lol. Help me out.
if you go in and ask your whole foods dealer they will tell you exactly how to cook them. If yours has ground meat inside it most likely has whole grains also which will NEVER set up like a traditional sausage thus the casing they use to hold it in. You can tell them exactly what your looking for and if it is a larger whole foods store they will have it on hand for you
BabyLuvinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
aboutachild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put about 2 TBS of olive oil or grapeseed oil in a frying pan put the sausage in then cover them about 1/2 way with water. Turn the heat up to med-high and turn every now and then. The water will evaporate and while doing so cook the inside, then the oil that is left will brown the outside.

I learned this from Rachael Ray, I will never cook sausage any other way.
ISO: Girly ToddlerHawk, Any kind of yarn, A yarn swift, Advocacy Ts in 3T for DD or L/XL for me (BF or CD), PP
aboutachild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
samilyn1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I put about 2 TBS of olive oil or grapeseed oil in a frying pan put the sausage in then cover them about 1/2 way with water. Turn the heat up to med-high and turn every now and then. The water will evaporate and while doing so cook the inside, then the oil that is left will brown the outside.
yeap! that's howyum