Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #651
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Journey to Conception group grads!

Stacey - how sweet!

Erin - Thanks for the offer... if I could stand the taste of ginger, I'd be all over it.

Char - I've got the continual prayer stream going for you and this little bean. I want a happy ending for you so bad!!

Crystal - Don't feel bad... it'll happen when it happens, and stressing about it won't make it happen faster.

Advertisement

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #652
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

More proof of why the JTC group is awesome (as if we needed it):

I am completely spoiled. Now that I've graduated (about which I am not complaining, mind!) I miss the close friendships I had there. My DDC is 65+ women so far, and while a lot of them are awesome (and a few of them are friends from my TTC journey), it just seems like waaaay too much to keep up with.

Plus - I know it's horrible, but I feel a resentful of the ones popping up who weren't trying or have never tried. I congratulate them because babies are a blessing... but I have trouble meaning it.

With the JTC girls, I got up and did a joy dance for every single BFP.

It's like ATTS all over again.

(Also, the distinct lack of make-your-own-drama queens in JTC was downright awesome.)

"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Old 01-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #653
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
More proof of why the JTC group is awesome (as if we needed it):

I am completely spoiled. Now that I've graduated (about which I am not complaining, mind!) I miss the close friendships I had there. My DDC is 65+ women so far, and while a lot of them are awesome (and a few of them are friends from my TTC journey), it just seems like waaaay too much to keep up with.

Plus - I know it's horrible, but I feel a resentful of the ones popping up who weren't trying or have never tried. I congratulate them because babies are a blessing... but I have trouble meaning it.

With the JTC girls, I got up and did a joy dance for every single BFP.

It's like ATTS all over again.

(Also, the distinct lack of make-your-own-drama queens in JTC was downright awesome.)
Ten- I know where you're coming from... especially as we near the end here, my DDC is all about "my hips ache, I am SO OVER being pregnant, etc." I understand bodies being sore and tired, but I just can't complain about any of it (although I did earlier about the leg cramp ) 'cause I feel so very blessed to have this baby cooking along inside. While this thread isn't as active as JTC, we're still cheering for you, and I stalk you to make sure all is still going well about once a week (in addition to the constant prayers, of course)....

Crystal-- I echo what everyone else has said-- it's totally normal to be stressed about adding another to the brood; especially 4 under 4! Praying for you!

Char-- do you plan to get an u/s, and if so, will you post it? Hoping that all is well!

Full term now, and I've got almost all of the homebirth supplies, sans 4 towels 'cause 3 thrift stores in my area didn't have towels yesterday!?! I put it into bins and am shocked by how much there is!! I am really starting to get excited about this little one, but still feeling like there is a LOT to do before we're 'ready'. (Which is funny-- with Grace, the nursery was ready for months and the carseats installed in both cars and on and on. We've still got to get the carseats from the attic and find the bolts to put the crib together, but hopefully we'll get it all done soon...).
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #654
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Erin - I can see how that would be kind of alienating. After I DD left us, one of my friends (due a couple weeks before me) was all freaking out that she might have to be induced because she was going over. Now, I can understand the viewpoint as I have my own ideas about how I would like my birth to be... but at the time I just wanted to scream at her to get over it and be grateful! I do remember stressing about not having everything ready - one of my friends (who had two hb's under her belt at that point) laughed and said that as long as I had a couple diapers and an old shirt or towel somewhere I could wrap the baby in, I had everything I *needed* - the rest was just window dressing someone could take care of later. I'm not sure I could ever be that laid back, but it did put things in perspective. Women several generations back didn't have nearly this much stuff, and the kids still survived!

(Although, admittedly, I have a metric ton of baby stuff, so I'm hardly one to throw stones...)

Old 01-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #655
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Erin- I LOOOOOOOVE your avatar!!! I'm glad you got a picture of Grace kissing baby belly!!!! Sooooo cute!!!

I didn't have as long of a journey as some of you, but I understand the having a hard time being happy for those who got accidental/or easy BFP's. I mean I want to be happy for them, but am a bit jealous at the same time KWIM?

I actually cried for each and every one of you ladies BFP. Happy Happy tears.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #656
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My little miracle BFP will be ONE YEAR soon!

Not quite ready for the next miracle yet.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #657
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
Erin- I LOOOOOOOVE your avatar!!! I'm glad you got a picture of Grace kissing baby belly!!!! Sooooo cute!!!
Thanks It just made me so happy-- even cuter was the look in her eyes as she looked up at me. It made my heart melt.

Congrats on almost a year Jacqueline! Wow, the time flies!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #658
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How ya feeling, Erin???
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #659
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Doing great Stacey-- and you?

MW thinks that this one will go early, but I respectfully disagree. Guess we'll see!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #660
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow, I should have popped in here earlier, you ladies are where it's at. Even non IRL are hard to give up.

I have to agree with ten - I haven't even joined my ddc because I just can't do it - they all seem lovely and nice, but I think after some things we've all been through, I tend to be a little more guarded and maybe well, for lack of a better term, respectful of pregnancy. I've not been feeling great, but I don't really have the energy to complain about it.

I pop in and check on them often but don't feel a need to post when I first saw or heard the heartbeat, our journey of finding a midwife and deciding on a homebirth, how nervous and anxious I was, how we practically pray always for this little bean to be healthy and strong. How nervous I am to have 3 kids, how excited I am, etc.

But with you guys, it feels so natural, you stuck with me through thick and thin, when times were REALLY bad, you cheered me on and celebrated with me. Those kinds of things are never forgotten.

Maybe we should all just abandon our ddc and come and chat here

Anyway, enough rambling, I'm so glad that we are all here!!!

Char, my dear you are in my thoughts and prayers often!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote