Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #661
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Journey to Conception group grads!

Yeah - it's funny... my MW was explaining the testing available (I LOVED that she didn't push any of it except the blood, urine, and GD testing) and was talking about the different genetic stuff available. I just looked at her and told her that I didn't care if my kid had challenges; I'd just be so glad s/he was alive.

Obviously I don't wish hardship on my baby. My brother has club feet, so I'm not a complete stranger to watching someone grow up with a disability. Still, Downs Syndrome, autism, etc. don't terrify me nearly as much as having empty arms again. Not that I'm at high risk for any of those, but whatever life hands me at this point, I'm sure I'll figure out a way to meet it.

Advertisement

*TTC a sticky baby since Jan '15. Hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #662
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten View Post
Yeah - it's funny... my MW was explaining the testing available (I LOVED that she didn't push any of it except the blood, urine, and GD testing) and was talking about the different genetic stuff available. I just looked at her and told her that I didn't care if my kid had challenges; I'd just be so glad s/he was alive.

Obviously I don't wish hardship on my baby. My brother has club feet, so I'm not a complete stranger to watching someone grow up with a disability. Still, Downs Syndrome, autism, etc. don't terrify me nearly as much as having empty arms again. Not that I'm at high risk for any of those, but whatever life hands me at this point, I'm sure I'll figure out a way to meet it.

You won't be given anything that you cannot handle. My oldest has a serious disease and I never thought in a million years I would have a sick child, but you adapt and move on. Still I will pray for a nice healthy little one for you.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #663
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
You won't be given anything that you cannot handle. My oldest has a serious disease and I never thought in a million years I would have a sick child, but you adapt and move on. Still I will pray for a nice healthy little one for you.
Thanks.

I'm off to AZ for a couple weeks - one last adventure before I settle down to be a responsible mom.

Erin - you'll probably have your wee one in your arms by the time I get back - so let me preemptively wish you a smooth and easy labor and many tears of joy. I can't wait to hear the good news!!!

"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Old 02-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #664
crystalannski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to give a little update and say that I have been doing MUCH better lately. I don't really think I was depressed about the pregnancy after all, I think I was just depressed in general. DH got layed off and I was constantly sick, and there were like a million other difficult things going on in my life. Add all that with 3 small kids and you get one over emotional, depressed pregnant woman. I've been feeling a lot better lately though and I'm really enjoying this pregnancy now. I've been feeling the baby kick a lot and I can even feel it from the outside now I'm already 20w, I can't believe I'm 1/2 way already!

I know what you guys are saying about your DD groups too. I haven't been able to connect with either of the ones I've been in and this one I'm in now is seriously pissing me off. I only come on DS a couple times a week but I'm probably going to cut back even more. All they seem to be doing is complaining about their babies being the wrong sex. It makes me so mad. I get having a little bit of preference but these women are going way too far with it, it's just disgusting. They are all like... I'm so depressed... help me be ok with this... my DH just doesn't understand... I can't connect with this pregnancy or this baby All that after getting an ultrasound and finding out that they have a healthy baby growing inside of them!!!! I've only read 1 post where she was actually happy about the sex of the baby. Honestly I have never really had much of a preference and I just don't understand this kind of attitude. How can you not bond with your baby because of what it's got between it's legs???
crystalannski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #665
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crystal - I'm sorry that it's been rough; I'm glad that you're starting to feel a little better. I don't understand the not being totally excited just to *have* a baby, but that's just the IF part of me.

Ten- Thanks for the well wishes, I *hope* that I have a newbie in my arms by the time you return, but there are no promises in this world, I've found. I could go as far as 3/6, but I hope not to! I'm hopeful that we'll meet this little one this week sometime, but I'm trying hard to be patient.
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #666
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you are feeling better Crystal. I would imagine that any mama would feel overwhelmed by having 3, being pregnant, and having your DH laid off from work.

I agree with you about the gender thing. It is VERY hard for me to be at all sympathetic about a mama upset about the gender of her baby. Sure, the majority of people have a preference but I have known some moms that have bawled for days about the gender OR even worse, have said that they are already planning on having another baby to get the gender that they want......and they haven't even had their first baby. They are so set on a certain gender and some parents I know cannot get over that fact even after the baby is born...for years afterward. Some get over it as soon as the baby has arrived and some don't. For those of us that have struggled to be pregnant at all it comes off as ungrateful and selfish.

I know there are many wonderful parents that are shocked and upset when they find out the gender but going on and on about something that you will never be able to change is just ridiculous and unhealthy....imagine your little bean in there hearing you say that you wanted someone else. Digest the information and move on and learn to love the one that you get. That baby is the one you were meant to get.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #667
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Abigail Anne is here! Here's her birth story...
Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #668
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Erin!

Just wanted to tell you all that I posted an update in Journey to Conception today.I dont have the heart to re write it all.But I needed to let everyone know..
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #669
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

Erin - What a sweetie! HUGE congrats to you & the family!

Char - doesn't even cover it....

Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #670
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Char-- I'm so sorry that your body is being so confusing!

Ten-- I was stalking-- I'm so glad that you heard a heartbeat today! Praying hard for your sticky little bean! I hope that your time in AZ was restful and that life at the office is not to bad...