Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
madcrafter27
Registered Users
seller

Question What the frack? Due date(s).

Soooo...I conceived a wee one sometime over winter. I am nursing and had only had one period prior. Actually, I caught the first egg while nursing with my last one so this was my first period in years.

I tested constantly after the day for my period came and went (and had a good guess of ovulation from charting temps and symptoms) and got BFN's up to one month after O. Decided I must just be back to not ovulating for a while....until I flipped on my husband for no reason . I took another test and viola- positive.

Flash foward to dating ultrasound and they set my due date for Sep. 22. Makes sense because that means I conceived after a week on vacation (parents helping with baby A LOT...had sex A LOT ). My HCG levels were a little high for this date but not terribly so. NOW I went back in for an ultrasound to check growth because my progesterone levels plummitted while on supplements and they say now my due date is Sep. 6 and I conceived near the date I pegged as O. But this would put my HCG levels *extremely* low and would mean a very late positive. What the french toast?

Any words of wisdom? I don't want another scan until my anatomy/final. I'm at a rather crunchy location so they pretty much hit and run with the ultrasounds. I just don't think there is any way I could be due the 6th. I knew about my FIRST even earlier. But I DO look the same as I did last time at 20 weeks despite being either 12ish or 14ish.

Thoughts? I don't do well with not knowing.

ETA* I was abstaining from sex around the time I thought I was ovulating to avoid this. The only other sexy time to be had was before supposed O and the entire week of O from my first due date. So I am even further inclined to not swallow this new due date.

Advertisement

Last edited by madcrafter27; 03-12-2014 at 02:29 PM.
madcrafter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Ola_
Registered Users

Re: What the frack? Due date(s).

Generally the earlier the ultrasound, the more likely the due date estimate is to be correct. We had an anatomical scan and while they did estimate the due date, the report specifically said not to change any previous EDDs.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
madcrafter27
Registered Users
seller

See, that's what I've always understood but both were first trimester. Doctor was very clear he was changing my due date. Not really worried about induction pressuring since they are very hands off....just curious why I would have an ultrasound spot on with my guess and then the same person would make over a 2 week change. I realize it doesn't actually matter...but ya know, curiousity killed the cat and all.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

the earlier the US the better. No matter if it was both in the first trimester.
Swag with me! Bing it!

Last edited by stevensmom; 03-12-2014 at 10:02 PM.
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is really strange!
And good for you and your DH getting some vacation time
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The earlier one is more accurate plus it makes more sense since you had clear negative tests for a month after the fist o date.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
madcrafter27
Registered Users
seller

I think I am making that my mental due date. There is just no way I had negatives for a month and then had such low hcg levels but fast rising. Thanks for your input ladies, I needed some confirmation that I'm not nuts for not accepting the new date. Lol