Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #141
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Any Catholic mamas of many?

We have 3 kids right now with a 4th on the way. We are Catholic and my two oldest attend private Catholic school.

Advertisement

cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #142
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have 9 and homeschool.I was raised atheist and converted to Catholicism 16 years ago. I don't spend much time in this forum ,but I saw this thread and thought I would say hi. So great to see so many Catholic mamas.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #143
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
We have 9 and homeschool.I was raised atheist and converted to Catholicism 16 years ago. I don't spend much time in this forum ,but I saw this thread and thought I would say hi. So great to see so many Catholic mamas.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #144
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

I am posting here instead of the FB group because I can only access FB on my phone (I am on break at work) and it is hard for me to type on there:-)

As you may or may not recall I was formerly a member of a local Episcopal church, but I had become disillusioned with the direction the church was going and it ultimately broke away from the Episcopal Church (as did the "state" Diocese). Once that occurred, I knew I would never return.

Well, I had been feeling a real pull to get back into church and take my three youngest (oldest is on her own, 2nd oldest away at college). A few days ago, I actually read an article on the front page of the state Diocese paper (it still comes from when I was a member) and was remarking to my husband how ridiculous the lawsuit to keep land that belongs to the church is etc now that they chose to break away. Anyway, I usually just recycle that paper right away, but that day, I read it.

I came to work and went to the Episcopal Church's website and put in my zip code under find a church. Lo and behold a church I had never heard of popped up! Apparently a new congregation formed less than 2 years ago with the blessing of the Episcopal Church and it is in the process of working towards becoming a full fledged parish!

I am planning to attend services on Sunday. I hope not to be disappointed, but this really feels like a sign and I am not much for signs per se. Please pray for our family that I am being led in the right spiritual direction!

Thanks for letting me share and ramble

PS A few days ago, I also e-mailed the parish priest of a local Catholic Church that I have visited with some questions about attending and RCIA, but I have not heard back from him. If I ever hear back from him, I may have some decisions to make, although there would be no harm in attending the classes either way.

Last edited by scwendy; 01-16-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Additional information
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #145
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
We are Catholic and I know there are several other Catholic moms of many on here. Not sure what you mean about not being disappointed on Sunday because I am unclear what you are expecting. But I hope you find it . I would call the parish office during office hours and ask for father or the RCIA director to call you. The problem with email is that it can get lost with so many other things going on. Good luck on your journey.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #146
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
We are Catholic and I know there are several other Catholic moms of many on here. Not sure what you mean about not being disappointed on Sunday because I am unclear what you are expecting. But I hope you find it . I would call the parish office during office hours and ask for father or the RCIA director to call you. The problem with email is that it can get lost with so many other things going on. Good luck on your journey.
Thank you. I meant disappointed in the new Episcopal Church. It was a painful break from my old Episcopalian Church.

I guess that was confusing since I mentioned also inquiring about the RCIA call at the catholic Church.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 AM   #147
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would call the office.....
Were you ever Catholic?
Old 01-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #148
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would call again.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:06 AM   #149
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I would call the office.....
Were you ever Catholic?
No. That was why I was inquiring about the RCIA. I was Episcopalian starting in my early 30s. I did attend Mass several times. In the Catholic priest's defense, he does have a large parish to serve by our area's standards (we don't have a large Catholic population).

I went to the new Episcopal Church's services yesterday, and they really are in alignment with the parent church, which was a deal breaker for me with my former church (they broke away). They were very warm and welcoming. The congregation is only 14 months old! The Diocese is due to grant official Mission Church status next month. It is certainly very different from the very large congregation that I was formerly a part of!

I am going to go again next week and be open.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:58 AM   #150
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

We're a Catholic family expecting our 5th. DH and I were both raised Catholic from birth and we both came from big families. This is actually my 7th pregnancy; I've miscarried 2.

We've never set a limit on how many kids we wanted and we know we take too many chances when it comes to using NFP, so we accept each one as the gift that they are.
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote