Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #1
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back to Basics Wednesday Chatter, who needs coffee? I DO!

Good morning everyone! I'm starting the thread, yay!

We're basic kind of gals, prefolds & wool are a norm around here, but you'll find everything from fitteds to pockets to homemade! and even sometimes sposies - just keeping it simple is the mantra around here. Come and join the chatter!

Lily slept from 10:30-7 yesterday night and last night she slept from 10:30-6! I can hardly believe it! Yet still I'm exhausted

Advertisement

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Wednesday Chatter, who needs coffee? I DO!

QOTD: what's your favorite cover for the 1.5 year old to wear?

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sara ~ That video was adorable! He's such a cutie! Way to go Isaac! I hope you figure out what choice is best for you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post

Lily slept from 10:30-7 yesterday night and last night she slept from 10:30-6! I can hardly believe it! Yet still I'm exhausted
That's awesome! We just finally trained our 2 year-old to sleep through the night a month or two ago. It took a few nights but once I was getting to sleep mostly through the night consistently, I couldn't believe how much better I felt!

Now, this week, that's all went south because we've all been up constantly at night with all their sicknesses.

Update on baby...her temp this morning was only 100. So, I'll check her throughout the day, but that's much better than it has been! Her cough is just so tight & it makes my chest hurt listening to it.

DD1 has it mildly right now and her birthday is tomorrow. I feel so bad for her. How sad to be sick for your birthday.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
QOTD: what's your favorite cover for the 1.5 year old to wear?
That's a toughy. I have 3 that I love most...thirsties or fleece, I have a snapping fleece cover & a pull-on fleece soaker and I love them both.

I personally don't like bsww, I think they're stiff. I have prowraps and they're okay, but not the right size for us. I have wonderwraps OS but think they're a bit tight & not a good fit for us either. I also have dappi pull-ons but they're kind of poofy.

WOTB: LLUBIP Premium w/ preemie doubler & thirsties wrap.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yay for Lily STTN! What's that like? LOL!

#3 is the master of cruising. As long as there is something to hang on to, he will get where he needs to go. I have found myself more than once trying to do dishes or something, where I was sure he couldn't get to me, and felt little hands grabbing the back of my jeans hanging on for dear life. He will be walking totally independently in less than a month, I know from past experience. Then our lives change forever (again, LOL).

I'm up to four homemade daddy diapers now, and I cut out four more. And I've read every Hancocks in the US has a bolt of white PUL right now, so I'm toying with making some pockets too. Right now we just have five, which is plenty for DH overnight use, but next fall DS will be in preschool with his sister t/th 9-2. I haven't even brought up cloth with them, but I think they'd do it if it were pockets. I don't think they'd change often enough to do PFs in covers.

I need coffee too...I have a starbucks gift card in my car but #1 is still not well.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
mamazluv
You know you want this.........
seller

My Mood:

i didnt catch up on yesterdays thread.... i will later.

i have allready had 2 cups of joe. extra strong w coffeemate liquid vanilla carmel, and carmel ice cream syrup to sweeten....

neither og the girls slept last night. i was asleeep ten minutes before dd woke up. then wouldnt go back to sleep. finally an hour later, i put her back in her bed awake and she went back to sleep, only to be awaken by 3yo an hour later. so, 3yo came and slept in the recliner by my bed while i fought with A for another hour to get her back asleep. very tired. and dh overslept and was almost late for work.

favorite cover for a 18mo... wool soaker of course
Old 02-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it's encouraging that the fever has gone down keep us posted, I'm still praying for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Yay for Lily STTN! What's that like? LOL!

#3 is the master of cruising. As long as there is something to hang on to, he will get where he needs to go. I have found myself more than once trying to do dishes or something, where I was sure he couldn't get to me, and felt little hands grabbing the back of my jeans hanging on for dear life. He will be walking totally independently in less than a month, I know from past experience. Then our lives change forever (again, LOL).

I'm up to four homemade daddy diapers now, and I cut out four more. And I've read every Hancocks in the US has a bolt of white PUL right now, so I'm toying with making some pockets too. Right now we just have five, which is plenty for DH overnight use, but next fall DS will be in preschool with his sister t/th 9-2. I haven't even brought up cloth with them, but I think they'd do it if it were pockets. I don't think they'd change often enough to do PFs in covers.

I need coffee too...I have a starbucks gift card in my car but #1 is still not well.
awww sorry to hear she's still not feeling well

Old 02-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

qotd: depends what its for if im not trifolding so simple stacionators or dappi pulls ons - the so simple are great to work as shorts too
if i'd like to trifold a bummis original or a nickys light weight poly

all of these are pretty boring so if you are wanting something more exciting I really like the iv organics with the stripes

its raining here but both boys are quietly watching Tarazan
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
my1hd
Registered Users

[QUOTE=MommyScott;6352629

Lily slept from 10:30-7 yesterday night and last night she slept from 10:30-6! I can hardly believe it! Yet still I'm exhausted[/QUOTE]

YA maya is a suprisingl good sleeper too. I guess you just get luckly sometimes lol.

I miss coffee!!!! :::Sniff::::

has far has fav covers i really like thirsties. Not sure how the velcro holds long term though...I also really like the swaddlebees covers I bought her. The velcro seems tougher.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #10
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning ladies. I'm on my way out the door to go get some Beaners
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote