Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #11
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Back to Basics Wednesday Chatter, who needs coffee? I DO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Yay for Lily STTN! What's that like? LOL!

#3 is the master of cruising. As long as there is something to hang on to, he will get where he needs to go. I have found myself more than once trying to do dishes or something, where I was sure he couldn't get to me, and felt little hands grabbing the back of my jeans hanging on for dear life. He will be walking totally independently in less than a month, I know from past experience. Then our lives change forever (again, LOL).

I'm up to four homemade daddy diapers now, and I cut out four more. And I've read every Hancocks in the US has a bolt of white PUL right now, so I'm toying with making some pockets too. Right now we just have five, which is plenty for DH overnight use, but next fall DS will be in preschool with his sister t/th 9-2. I haven't even brought up cloth with them, but I think they'd do it if it were pockets. I don't think they'd change often enough to do PFs in covers.

I need coffee too...I have a starbucks gift card in my car but #1 is still not well.
I so know what you mean about once the child is walking everything changes! I remember after having #2 I thought it was so easy. Then she started crawling and walking.

What pattern are you using for your homemade diapers? Where did you get your aplix if you are using it? I've made a few from RRP but none of them were quite right and I didn't put any clsoures on them yet. I want starbucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazluv View Post
i didnt catch up on yesterdays thread.... i will later.

i have allready had 2 cups of joe. extra strong w coffeemate liquid vanilla carmel, and carmel ice cream syrup to sweeten....

neither og the girls slept last night. i was asleeep ten minutes before dd woke up. then wouldnt go back to sleep. finally an hour later, i put her back in her bed awake and she went back to sleep, only to be awaken by 3yo an hour later. so, 3yo came and slept in the recliner by my bed while i fought with A for another hour to get her back asleep. very tired. and dh overslept and was almost late for work.

favorite cover for a 18mo... wool soaker of course
I think I'm on my second cup too. Sorry for your hard night. I'm so there with ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
it's encouraging that the fever has gone down keep us posted, I'm still praying for her!

awww sorry to hear she's still not feeling well
Thank you for your prayers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
qotd: depends what its for if im not trifolding so simple stacionators or dappi pulls ons - the so simple are great to work as shorts too
if i'd like to trifold a bummis original or a nickys light weight poly

all of these are pretty boring so if you are wanting something more exciting I really like the iv organics with the stripes

its raining here but both boys are quietly watching Tarazan
Rain. I miss rain. We're supposed to get 3-6" of snow by tomorrow with 20-30 mph winds and gusts of 40 mph. Soon enough our spring will come...another couple months.

Alright, dd2 who is well again wants me to play a game with her. It's hard for her when her sisters are sick because she has no one to play with.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #12
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AOTD: M/L MEAF for out and about and fleece soaker for at home

for Lilly

Has anyone seen my boobs? I seem to have misplaced them over the last 2 weeks. I can't find them anywhere, and trust me I've looked. Maybe I can look for some on the FSOT forum? Of course I don't have any to trade, that's why I'm looking. But I would be willing to buy.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #13
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post

for Lilly

Has anyone seen my boobs? I seem to have misplaced them over the last 2 weeks. I can't find them anywhere, and trust me I've looked. Maybe I can look for some on the FSOT forum? Of course I don't have any to trade, that's why I'm looking. But I would be willing to buy.

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #14
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning all! I'm up with E, eating breakfast and sipping tea and watching Ratatouille (we got it from the library yesterday.) E is half-watching and half-working on puzzles, as it should be.

DP is on the day shift today, so she's already gone for work. We're having a few people over for supper tonight for make-your-own pizzas. Should be fun! I love pizza night.

It's snowing here today for the first time in a long time. Not to heavily though, which is nice. We'll see if I have to go out and shovel later. I'm hoping not!

WOTB: GMD UB brown with a hemp doubler under recycled longies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyScott View Post
QOTD: what's your favorite cover for the 1.5 year old to wear?
AOTD: If I'm trifolding, a Super Brite. Over snappied prefolds or fitteds, a Bummis Whisper Pant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I need coffee too...I have a starbucks gift card in my car but #1 is still not well.
Mmmmm, Starbucks. I'd love a latte right now, but I don't have the car today. Ah, the joys of being a one-car family.

Quote:
You can have some of mine! I'm a DD right now and not nursing, and this is after having had a reduction at age 17. When I was pregnant I went up to a H cup. Good times!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

for Lilly

Right there with ya

Another QOTD: Any ideas on a nutritional breakfast for me? I never feel like eating breakfast but I need to! When I don't I get dizzy. I'm trying to avoid a lot of milk so a protein shake really doesn't cut it for me. Any ideas?

Last edited by melissamomof3girls; 02-18-2009 at 07:12 AM.
melissamomof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #16
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mel I'm a barely A. When I'm pregnant I'm good to make it to a full B. I'm so thankful to have a husband who loves me just the way I am!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #17
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Another QOTD: Any ideas on a nutritional breakfast for me? I never feel like eating breakfast but I need to! When I don't I get dizzy. I'm trying to avoid a lot of milk so a protein shake really doesn't cut it for me. Any ideas?
Could you do a piece of whole wheat bread spread with a nut butter of some sort? The whole grains and protein from the nut butter would keep you feeling full for a long time.

Quote:
Mel
Oh, I know. It's really rather ridiculous...
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #18
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

well the baby helped the computer eat my post and is now mad at me because she ate all her yogurt and threw her paci off the couch....the terrible mother that I am put her on the floor to go and get it which after a large fit she did and all is right in my crazy house again....

We ll the big kids got on the bus this morning as the snow began to fall, I folded diaper laundry, threw in a load of jeans to wash and washed the few dishes in the sink while they were getting ready, nursed and fed the baby, made bottles, packed the diaper bag with the now folded and clean diapers and am off to daycare and work....

I'm not sure how much I'll be on today...I have a few bites on some diapers that I have listed on FSOT...I'm not sure if I should accept...everything is less then asking but some exceptions should be made to buying more then 1 I guess...we'll see....

WOTB: a trifolded UB prem prefold in a PUL cover...and that is what's going to daycare with the baby today!

Oh, AOTD: my fav covers are WAHM PUL covers that I have....they came from Ebay but are wonderful!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Right there with ya

around here we eat oatmeal just about every morning mixed with a little brown sugar, shredded coconut, & crushed walnuts - with bananas & apples added on periodically

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #20
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm dyeing diapers in the washer this morning for someone else of course

I figured out my "why I don't like my diapers dyed" problem, anyone wanna here the solution?