Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you could have anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristy1129 View Post
Tiny Undies/Trainers would be nice. There are some WAHM's that make them now, but not a ton.

I plan on making some inserts out of bamboo fleece...and maybe bamboo velour since that will let them still feel wet.

My DS is pretty little...6 months and 15 pounds but he can wear Gerber (2T?) trainers. They aren't perfect and the rise is too tall, but it works okay. I dyed some blue and plan on adding a strip of fleece to the outside front so that it makes them a little more absorbent for when it needs to be.
wow. my 2.5 year old cant wear gerber trainers but they are super stretchy my niece has been wearing them for 3 years

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
jtaylor379
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
i have EC'd 2 daughters and had to make everything my self. here's what i "require"
tiny undies
tiny trainers
EC belt
split crotch pants
babylegs
pee pads(the one pee pad that goes in a cover or undies)
piddle pad for stroller, swing, car seat(no flaming it has been approved by multiple car seat techs)
wool mattress cover

now...most of this stuff i have not used on my second daughter, we just let her be naked with babylegs but its good to have for going out and such. like i said, i make and offer all these items so i dont need to buy them, but there is a demand. i get probably a dozen orders a month for EC items
I just posted about the EC belt. How do you like those? I've considered getting one to give it a go - especially in the summer...

Cheers,
Jessica
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor379 View Post
I just posted about the EC belt. How do you like those? I've considered getting one to give it a go - especially in the summer...

Cheers,
Jessica
i dont actually like it if you want to try one cheap pm me or buy one of those little girls knit head bands they are the perfect size. i found it more of a hassle and prefer to have my babies either barebummed or just in tiny undies or training undies neither dd pooped in a diaper after 4 months so its not that, but its easier to catch cues for me and get them on the potty if there is nothing in ther way. if i want them "covered" i want them covered kwim? its a good idea for little babies, but my active children pulled the PFs out and lost them crawling/climbing
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
jtaylor379
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the input - that was my impression - but I needed to hear it first hand.

Cheers,
Jessica
Old 03-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
hennaLisa
Registered Users
seller

Flip Down Training Pants would be great!!
hennaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like baby chaps honestly - and they simply are not cheap! So I make my own - but for mama's who do not sew or don't feel like coming up with their own pattern it may be nice. And you can make them out of old knit sweaters too.

Also some tiny undies that don't cost an arm and a leg would be nice - I couldn't find anything less then $4 a pair in the states - I live in England now and I found a place 4 pairs for 6 gbp...which at the time was roughly $9 and that included shipping.

Someone needs to come up with a nighttime solution that isn't a diaper, yet is like underwear-ish - I'm on day three of diaperless night time with my 7 month old, and I kind of wish there were like a pair of undies with like a kotex pad in them lol, in case she pees. My DD HATES diapers - and until 2 nights ago she woke up every 45 minutes and I couldn't figure out why (and yes it took me almost 8 months to figure out, just take off the diaper) so I need something that is nothing like a diaper or most trainers that I could potentially use for her - she hasn't had an accident at night so I may never need anything - but until like 4 months she peed in her sleep pretty often - and wool pads and stuff like that weren't working. She doesn't like bulk down there - I mean who does - but for the sake of getting sleep I just put her in regular undies and hope she doesn't spring a leak, I wish I didn't go to sleep wondering if I was going to have to change the sheets.